View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Welker: Bill Belichick Had Me Run Same Play He’s Mad About 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Welker: Bill Belichick Had Me Run Same Play He’s Mad About
Quote:

Welker of course caught Bill Belichick’s rath after he plastered Aqib Talib on a pick player during the AFC Championship showdown with the Patriots.

Belichick called the play dirty and one of the worst plays he’s ever seen.

Welker disagrees, and told the media at the Super Bowl that it’s the same play Belichick always had him run with the Patriots.

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/ ... JA8mOYl.99

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:44 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Welker: Bill Belichick Had Me Run Same Play He’s Mad About
This is great, but I also love how competitive Belichick is, which I also feel is great.

If we're honest, that injury really helped contribute to the Patriots lost.

Years ago, I had posted on the DD, that Carson Palmer was deliberately injured in his playoff game against Pittsburgh, and it always makes me wonder how history may have been altered, had he not. I was called a complete nut on the DD for even suggesting this, when you could clearly see the delayed purposeful hit. (all this was said way before bounty gate)

Do I believe Welker deliberately Talib, Yes, without question, I felt it was a cheap shot, but what can be done about it?

I feel players should be banned for a full season for these sort of hits, but then again, once you do this, it alters the game because its been going on for years.

Like Marino said and Michael Irvin, Dan Marino would throw for 6,000 yards a season with today's rules, that's why Peyton Manning at age 37 is doing so well.

If you take Peyton Manning out of the game, with a deliberate hit, Seahawks easily win this game and there is no repercussions.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]