View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Willingness to trade up for SUH 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Willingness to trade up for SUH
It is well known that St. Louis Needs a QB, and the number one pick is not a good place for a qb considering the depth of them in this draft. Would you be willing to trade up to get the dominant DT Ndamukong Suh. I know this would put us in a bind for getting as much talent as we wanted to out of the draft but even Mel Kiper said that he might be the most dominant DT he has seen in 32 years of covering drafts. Probably won't happen but wonder what your guys thoughts were on it.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Willingness to trade up for SUH
If we could trade away some current players for additional picks, then heck yea!!

If we aren't able to do that, then I'm afraid it would put a damper on the adding talent to the team.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:15 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Not going to happen. You are talking about multiple picks to get up and get Ndamankung, and with this draft being as deep as it is, Miami can rebuild there LB corp and add talent and depth to other positions.

I can see Miami trading down for sure though to try to acquire additional picks.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:46 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

With all the talent at positions of need for the fins, I really don't see them trading up. In the end anything is possible, but trading up in round 1 is highly unlikely.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:22 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Are you kidding the rams sit pretty right were there at and there needs.

1 . best DT in draft # 1
2. IF they wanted to the #2 pick can be Tebow( If jacksonville dont get him ) or Mcoy not to bad if you ask me so i dont see them tradeing unless the offers is too good to pass up.
3. I dont think the the dolphins want to spend the $ on another 1st rd draft pick.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Why trade up for a player who would be playing the same position that we currently have the most depth on the roster on?

Suh is a beast, but not worth trading up 10 spots for in such a great draft.....MAYBE if he played a position of need, or something we did not have much youth in. But that's not the case.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:19 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
Why trade up for a player who would be playing the same position that we currently have the most depth on the roster on?

Suh is a beast, but not worth trading up 10 spots for in such a great draft.....MAYBE if he played a position of need, or something we did not have much youth in. But that's not the case.

If you call depth a bunch of under achieving non-dominate players, ferg is like 39 and I have not been impressed with any of our younger guys

I agree its not the satus quo to do it, but for what people are calling the BEST prospect in 32 years, thats a big deal. the contract shouldnt matter because there is no salary cap

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Iceberg85 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

If you call depth a bunch of under achieving non-dominate players, ferg is like 39 and I have not been impressed with any of our younger guys

I agree its not the satus quo to do it, but for what people are calling the BEST prospect in 32 years, thats a big deal. the contract shouldnt matter because there is no salary cap

I wasn't referring to NT...I was reffering to DE. Sorry for the mis communication.

Suh would not be a NT in a 34. I could see him being a Jay Ratliff type of a guy, but I see him more as a Randy Starks if he plays in a 34.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]