View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Matt Barkley 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Matt Barkley
The next Brian Brohm? The same story is starting to play out.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Matt Barkley
I don't think he'll drop nearly as much, unless the injury proves to be serious/a long term issue.

But his stock isn't nearly as high.

Then again, Marino also had a bad Sr. year and look how that turned out. He may not be special talent wise, but he's got great accuracy, very smart, reads defenses well, has some athleticism, a lot of experience at a big time program, has been clutch against top 5 teams late in the 4th quarter a bunch of times...I still like him to be a top 10 QB.

.....Unless he goes to KC. Oakland is a good spot for him though. So is Jacksonville if they're moving out west.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:28 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Matt Barkley
I just remember back in 07 when Brohm was riding high as a junior and a lot of people saw him as a first round target for Miami. Heck, he was even considered a top overall pick when the 08 season started. He went back for his senior season and the rest is history.

Barkley had all of the hype, probably would have been drafted by Cleveland this year, and went back for one more shot. Not only is he no longer considered the top pick but a lot of guys are seeing him as falling into the 2nd round. His decision making under duress (like Brohm) regressed and he had a lot of turnovers.

Just seems eerily similar.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]