View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Making up facts 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: Making up facts
Rich wrote:
So no reporter ever talks about unconfirmed reports ever?

It is different if the reporter uses the information to fit into his argument. Like what happened with Rather: he used a bad source to fit into his argument/dislike of Bush and it rightly got him fired for it.

I think we would all be better off if opinion shows were more mindful.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:30 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
No it doesn't.... I posted the transcript up above. It was part of his opening monologue.

His monlogue talked about us being broke and spending too much... then he used the info.

Rich wrote:
The story was debunked afterwards...

On their shows? If so, we could have saved all of us a lot of typing!

Rich wrote:
Isn't religion a part of the politics of this nation?

Yeah, but you can be a conservative that is atheist, and a liberal that believes in god. What types of political issues do you have a liberal viewpoint on? for example, I am more conservative on the death penalty than some liberals are.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

1984phins wrote:
Rich wrote:
So no reporter ever talks about unconfirmed reports ever?

It is different if the reporter uses the information to fit into his argument. Like what happened with Rather: he used a bad source to fit into his argument/dislike of Bush and it rightly got him fired for it.

I think we would all be better off if opinion shows were more mindful.

Apples to oranges. Rather was a reporter that reported the story as fact.

Hannity is a talking head that cited an unconfirmed report and stated as such.

Beck wasn't even trying to criticize the president for it... and also noted it was not confirmed.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:36 pm

1984phins wrote:
His monlogue talked about us being broke and spending too much... then he used the info.

It must be in invisible text...

Quote:
GLENN BECK, HOST: I saw a story today where something is very, very wrong. And I don't know what it is yet, and the media is completely missing the real story. I can't tell you what the real story is yet, but there are too many unanswered questions.

The president's upcoming trip to India, and other points from there. Report came out that has made rounds on the Internet about the high cost of this trip. Some people say that it is up to $2 billion for 10 days. Is that true? I don't know!

The media is bickering back and forth about what the real cost is and how many ships will be there — 34 warships possibly. I don't know.

Two hundred million dollars a day while in India. I don't know.

The president has blocked off 800 hotel rooms. Do we still — do even know if he's travelling with 3,000 people? Do we know if that's true?

No one knows any of the details of this trip, the real cost of the trip. One thing we can say for certain is, it's going to be quite expensive.

I want to make this extraordinarily clear. I have been against this trip since I've heard about it just a few weeks ago because I don't believe the president — I don't believe the president is listening to the Secret Service. I know enough Secret Service people to know that they take his safety and every president's safety extraordinarily serious. And there are too many things wrong with this trip.

You protect the president at all costs. I don't care if it costs them $10 trillion. Mumbai is a very dangerous place. Massive terror attack — only two years ago, 166 were killed. More 300 wounded during the three-day rampage. The president is staying at that hotel.

Quote:
On their shows? If so, we could have saved all of us a lot of typing!

Cute.... as in a couple of days after Hannity and Beck spoke about it on their programs....

Quote:
What types of political issues do you have a liberal viewpoint on?

I'm a libertarian.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:40 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Its in the video.

<Moving on.........>

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:48 pm

1984phins wrote:
Its in the video.

That video must have been a different show than the transcript I posted previously.

That being said, it still doesn't constitute making up facts.

However, there are some facts to think about. While the country struggles with high unemployment and even higher underemployment, the Obamas have spent a lot of taxpayer money on parties in which they are paying $1,000 a lb for kobe beef and other expensive foods.

The first lady took an expensive trip to Spain.

These types of things add to the "tone-def" perception that not only the public, but now many Dem pols have of the White House.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:21 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The first lady took an expensive trip to Spain.

While eating like a pig and then coming home preaching about a "healthy lifestyle". Please...the Dems are so out of touch with reality.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:10 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:

Quote:
What types of political issues do you have a liberal viewpoint on?

I'm a libertarian.

I'm pretty conservative, so, I lean towards the Republican party, but I do not see either party really serving the people any longer.

As far as the president is concerned, I think that one term is enough. They seem to do much better in their first term than in their second term.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2