View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Autozone Employee fired for thrawting robbery. 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Autozone Employee fired for thrawting robbery.
NATL-AutoZone-Employee-Fired-After-Halting-Robbery-Attempt-With-Personal-Firearm-182574321

More dumdasses in this wolrd.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:05 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Autozone Employee fired for thrawting robbery.
So basically they are saying "come rob us, we don't believe in the 2nd". This guy has robbed over 30 stores, the ex AF soldier is a hero and he gets fired? WTF?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:06 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
So basically they are saying "come rob us, we don't believe in the 2nd". This guy has robbed over 30 stores, the ex AF soldier is a hero and he gets fired? WTF?

I commend the man and solute him. He did the right thing. He will get enough publicity out of this that he will make plenty of money. However, I think a lot of big chain stores like this have it as POLICY to not try and interfere with a robbery at all. It's a HUGE liability for them should their employee get hurt in a robbery.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:11 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's a HUGE liability for them should their employee get hurt in a robbery.

Right, so change the policy and let the employees either open carry or conceal carry. I would bet the robbery rate would go way down. Robbers are cowards.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:23 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

hypocritex wrote:

I commend the man and solute him. He did the right thing. He will get enough publicity out of this that he will make plenty of money. However, I think a lot of big chain stores like this have it as POLICY to not try and interfere with a robbery at all. It's a HUGE liability for them should their employee get hurt in a robbery.

Why risk your life to save the money of a corporation?

The guy did not come close to doing the right thing. He was able to run out of the store & the perp did not follow. He was out of danger & safe. He then returned to escalate the situation & also placed himself back in danger. That was an idiotic move & frankly I'd fired him for coming back into the store. Have no issue with him getting his gun from his vehicle for protection in case the perp did follow.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:48 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Why risk your life to save the money of a corporation?

The guy did not come close to doing the right thing. He was able to run out of the store & the perp did not follow. He was out of danger & safe. He then returned to escalate the situation & also placed himself back in danger. That was an idiotic move & frankly I'd fired him for coming back into the store. Have no issue with him getting his gun from his vehicle for protection in case the perp did follow.

He didn't do the right thing? Are you effing kidding me? There was a co-worker in the store. t's not about the corp....how about the manager inside? Man, I would NEVER want to be in foxhole with you Scot. I can tell you have never been in the military since you don't know the code. The ironic thing is, no matter how different our views our on the situation, I would comeback in the store that you and I worked for and done the same thing. My thought would be "even though Scot wouldn't do the same for me, I can't let a father, son and human be subjective to piece of crap robber that might kill him". The differnece between me and the Airforce guy is that there would be no man hunt, the SOB would be dead on the floor in Autozone with my piss on him.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
He didn't do the right thing? Are you effing kidding me? There was a co-worker in the store. t's not about the corp....how about the manager inside? Man, I would NEVER want to be in foxhole with you Scot. I can tell you have never been in the military since you don't know the code. The ironic thing is, no matter how different our views our on the situation, I would comeback in the store that you and I worked for and done the same thing. My thought would be "even though Scot wouldn't do the same for me, I can't let a father, son and human be subjective to piece of crap robber that might kill him". The differnece between me and the Airforce guy is that there would be no man hunt, the SOB would be dead on the floor in Autozone with my piss on him.

The story I read did not meantion that a co-worker was in the store ( Your link does not work ) If there was then that changes my view on it.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
It's a HUGE liability for them should their employee get hurt in a robbery.

Right, so change the policy and let the employees either open carry or conceal carry. I would bet the robbery rate would go way down. Robbers are cowards.

Open carry and I'll guarantee your sales will go down too.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The story I read did not meantion that a co-worker was in the store ( Your link does not work ) If there was then that changes my view on it.

Whew....Ok, that changes it. yes, his manager was still inthe store.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:16 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

[i]Open carry and I'll guarantee your sales will go down too.[/i

How can you guarantee that?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]