Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: OT no indictment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:23 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Opinions? My only opinion as of right now is looting and rioting do nothing, it's so ignorant and pointless. They are destroying their own neighborhoods.

Post subject: Re: OT no indictment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

the next step will be to complain when those business aren't rebuilt for them right away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:11 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Wow is crap is making me sick across the country. Don't these "protesters" have to get up and go to work tomorrow? I'm off, are they?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:44 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

And all this over a kid who did the following:

1. Stole some smokes with his buddy
2. Defied a police officer
3. Tried to verbally and physically intimidate the police officer
4. Physically attacked the police officer and hurt him bad
5. Tried to take the police officer's gun
6. Charged the police officer after orders to get on the ground
7. Was shot a couple times in non lethal areas and still continued to charge the police officer
8. Was the size of an NFL football player

And yet people are setting fire to their own homes and their neighbors' businesses because a grand jury won't charge an officer who did nothing wrong. What a crying shame.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's the Zombie Apocalypse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:06 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't like today's world, outside of football that is. It's pitiful, people are sheep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:07 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Strong armed robbery as he assaulted the worker by punching/pushing his head.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:02 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

TommyNoleFin wrote:

7. Was shot a couple times in non lethal areas and still continued to charge the police officer

And yet people are setting fire to their own homes and their neighbors' businesses because a grand jury won't charge an officer who did nothing wrong. What a crying shame.

There is a debate to be had over the details of the story (and I feel no desire to go over them) but I do feel like pointing out the officer was certainly not hurt bad. The photos are readily available. Check them out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:54 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

1984phins wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

There is a debate to be had over the details of the story (and I feel no desire to go over them) but I do feel like pointing out the officer was certainly not hurt bad. The photos are readily available. Check them out.

The debate isn't over the severity of his injuries, its what was Brown willing to do. He reached for his gun and witnesses say there was a struggle in the car.

The most damning evidence might be the testimony of a witness who said "Dang, that boy just turned and charged that cop." To say it like that suggests some honesty and no coaching by an outside party.

Its so easy for all of us to criticize a guy over a 60 second altercation and say what we would have done. Things happened so fast and he felt his life was in jeopardy. The evidence and the witness accounts debunk all the myths of Brown's hands being up or some sort of execution.

Biggest problem is the media tried this case before any of the facts came out. The rioters and protesters aren't looking for justice, they're looking for a certain narrative to play out which doesn't exist.

I feel bad for Brown's parents as I can't imagine the heartache of losing a child. But let's get some things straight:

1. Brown had significant traces of marijuana in his system
2. Brown committed a strong armed robbery just minutes earlier
3. Brown initiated the assault on Wilson
4. Injury and powder burn evidence show Brown went for Wilson's gun
5. CONSISTENT witness testimony states Brown continued charging Wilson after being told to get down

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:40 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The evidence and the witness accounts debunk all the myths of Brown's hands being up

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/2 ... 21774.html

Not exactly true. The various witness testimonies all conflict with each other. Technically, there were more witnesses who said his hands were up than who said they weren't. I feel the two most important witnesses were Wilson and the friend of Michael Brown, who was closest to the incident. I read both and I have a hard time believing either of them to be 100% true.

But I'm not claiming that Wilson was wrong or Brown was wrong. If this was an actual trial, I would have to decide "not guilty" based on there being reasonable doubt.

I find the people certain of the facts on either side to be interesting, for I don't really know how anyone could be certain.

Biggest problem is the media tried this case before any of the facts came out.

Happens all the time. Public demands information right away. There isa void and rush to fill in the information.

But it wasn't all one sided.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/08/20/r ... hael-brown

Broken eye socket?

The rioters and protesters aren't looking for justice, they're looking for a certain narrative to play out which doesn't exist.

Doesn't exist in this case? Perhaps it doesn't.
Doesn't exist in general?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:22 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Quoting the Huffington Post and Fox News? Really?

The DA said the stories of those who claimed hands were up or the shooting was unnecessary either changed too often or the witnesses didn't have good credibility.

You need good evidence to go to trial so if a grand jury doesn't even feel there is enough to indict why put them through a trial?

Not biased? Show me one news station who didn't simply say a white cop shot an unarmed black kid? Why not say a police officer shot and killed a possibly unarmed robbery suspect after an altercation. They all simply ran with unverified accounts that Wilson shot Brown after he surrendered and his hands were up.

Did the media rush to Utah a month later to investigate the black officer who shot and killed an unarmed white kid?

If you can list me several incidents, recently, of police officers gunning down unarmed victims, regardless of color, and without incident or struggle prior to the shooting then I'm all ears and will retract my statement about a narrative.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

To further my point, I just clicked on Yahoo and the three things I see are that KKK in Ferguson is trending and two of their lead stories are Brown's mother thinks the cop's story is crazy and the DA has a controversial past. Don't see anything showing Wilson's side of the story or that black on black crimes are occurring in the aftermath. Wasn't looking for those stories at all, but it just jumped out me after our previous posts.

Maybe we'll never know what truly happened. With the evidence provided it looks like Wilson's version is more accurate.

Here's another question. Why hasn't Brown's friend/accomplice been arrested and charged with robbery for his involvement in the store incident? Wasn't he shown on the video assisting Brown?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:39 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Cops can't even do their jobs anymore without having a huge court case involved.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:53 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

1984phins wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

A photo taken right after the incident isn't going to reveal the same amount of bruising and swelling as say a couple of days later.

Regardless, it demonstrates that Michael Brown physically confronted the officer in some capacity. The gun shots inside the officer's car also corroborate the officer's story.

Lastly, the officer's story remained the same from the moment right after it happened, before he got to see the evidence, throughout the investigation and grand jury review.

Those witnesses that say Michael Brown had his hands up, their stories kept changing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:59 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

IamPZ wrote:
Cops can't even do their jobs anymore without having a huge court case involved.

Its scary and only getting worse. You cant pop on the news anymore without at least 1 story of police brutality and each story is shown from only one perspective, and usually edited for a response . I predict you are going to see a huge upswing in crime in this country as police will find it easier and safer to look the other way. It starts from the Top down and we are lacking some serious leadership in this country.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:07 am 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

jammer wrote:
To further my point, I just clicked on Yahoo and the three things I see are that KKK in Ferguson is trending and two of their lead stories are Brown's mother thinks the cop's story is crazy and the DA has a controversial past Mutuelles senior. Don't see anything showing Wilson's side of the story or that black on black crimes are occurring in the aftermath. Wasn't looking for those stories at all, but it just jumped out me after our previous posts.

Maybe we'll never know what truly happened. With the evidence provided it looks like Wilson's version is more accurate.

Here's another question. Why hasn't Brown's friend/accomplice been arrested and charged with robbery for his involvement in the store incident? Wasn't he shown on the video assisting Brown?

I think that all football teams evolve in their own way today. And that's really great.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]