View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Madden 11 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Madden 11
Has anybody downloaded the demo? (Think it came out Monday?). I can't download it from where I am and only get back after the game is released, so, I want to make sure the game is worth 60$.

I've heard the game play is crappy as usual...For anybody whose downloaded it, how is it?

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:39 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Madden 11
Phins Rock wrote:
Has anybody downloaded the demo? (Think it came out Monday?). I can't download it from where I am and only get back after the game is released, so, I want to make sure the game is worth 60$.

I've heard the game play is crappy as usual...For anybody whose downloaded it, how is it?

If it's anything like NCAA11... which I think it's supposed to be very similar... its actually a whole new gameplay style of sorts... a lot of fun, a lot more control when it comes to running with the ball.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:26 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I downloaded and played it lastnight. Much to my surprise, rather than playing the Saints vs. Colts Superbowl rematch, it was actually the Colts vs. Jets. The game is played in, get this, "Jets Stadium." Why are the Jets featured rather than the team that is actually on the cover of the game, and why are they calling the Meadowlands "Jets Stadium"?

Other than obvious love affair between the NFL and NY, the game is pretty solid. I love the new Gameflow feature, which allows you to create a game plan pre game to target the opponents weaknesses. You have the option of allowing coordinators to call the plays for you or you select your own. When the coordinator calls the play, its as if he is talking into your helmet mic and tells you what to look for and offers little tips. The one thing I noticed is that defensive pre snap audibles take a little longer than on older versions, and the offense usually snaps the ball too quick to make adjustments. I'll probably get used to that and adjust, but I only played one half. It was fun torching Revis for 48 yards with Reggie Wayne.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:50 am

PR I finally got a chance to play the demo and I must say... it's the most fun I've had playing a Madden game in a long time... the new features are AMAZING.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:56 am

IamPZ wrote:
PR I finally got a chance to play the demo and I must say... it's the most fun I've had playing a Madden game in a long time... the new features are AMAZING.

Thanks PZ and Joe!
I've heard good things from critics. Is the new way players move tough to get used to?

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

Thanks PZ and Joe!
I've heard good things from critics. Is the new way players move tough to get used to?

When you first start its a little strange, but you'll quickly get the hang of it.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:22 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

2 words...Gus Johnson!

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:25 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Phins Rock wrote:

Sorry, it is a stranger to me :pumpiron:

Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:38 am

Well, I got the game and I have to say it's awesome. Kick returning and no gang tackling still sucks, but the passing game is MUCH improved.

Also, how much of a beast is Brandon Marshall?? Fades inside the 5 are automatic.....

Also, the run game is pretty easy with Ronnie. I have a hard time running the ball with Ricky though for some reason. With Ronnie I consistently get 6-7 behind Jake Long.

Who are you all starting on the O-line? I go with Long, Berger, Grove, Incognito, Carey. On goal-line I put Donald Thomas and John Jerry as my 2 guards. Nate Garner is the first guy I put in, guard, center or tackle, if someone is tired.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:16 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Well, I got the game and I have to say it's awesome. Kick returning and no gang tackling still sucks, but the passing game is MUCH improved.

Also, how much of a beast is Brandon Marshall?? Fades inside the 5 are automatic.....

Also, the run game is pretty easy with Ronnie. I have a hard time running the ball with Ricky though for some reason. With Ronnie I consistently get 6-7 behind Jake Long.

Who are you all starting on the O-line? I go with Long, Berger, Grove, Incognito, Carey. On goal-line I put Donald Thomas and John Jerry as my 2 guards. Nate Garner is the first guy I put in, guard, center or tackle, if someone is tired.

I'm still working on tweaking the O-line... I can't seem to find a RG that can actually pull and block on the Power-O plays. I had Jerry in there, but he was a disaster. So I put Incognito in and he doesn't even attempt to block on any plays where he actually has to move... so right now I'm trying out an O-line of Long, Thomas, Grove, Garner, Carey

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

They make Sparano look bigger than Rex in this game.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:06 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

How do you create your own player in Madden 11?

Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]