View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Josh Kaddu excites Philbin 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post Josh Kaddu excites Philbin
Quote:
Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin named fifth-round rookie LB Josh Kaddu as one player that excites him the most for 2013.
An odd pick. Kaddu played just 11 defensive snaps for Miami in his rookie season and rarely saw the field. However, when he was selected out of Oregon with the No. 155 overall pick, draftniks noted his athleticism and sideline-to-sideline ability as an outside linebacker. All three of the Dolphins' starting linebackers are under contract for next season, though.

-Rotoworld

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Josh Kaddu excites Philbin
Erik Walden rotted on Miami's bench and special teams sparingly and look at him now.

Philbin still sees Kaddu at practice everyday, so I think that is great if he sees some promise in his ability for next season. Better to keep him and figure it out versus another team scooping him up.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This thread scares me.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:22 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Acorns everywhere!!! Walden, Ninkovich...just to name a couple. Let's hope this coaching staff doesn't jettison talent like the ones prior.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Acorns everywhere!!! Walden, Ninkovich...just to name a couple. Let's hope this coaching staff doesn't jettison talent like the ones prior.

Ninkovich was signed off the practice squad by the Saints who then cut him... How is that jettisoning talent?.

Obviously he wasnt ready/good enough to make two different rosters and then stuck with a different team.....it happens

Your making it sound that he was a proven talent that was given his walking papers when in reality the Dolphins tried to protect him by keeping him on the practice squad.. It sucks that he has blossomed into a pretty solid LB for a divisional rival but that happens all the time..

Hind sight is 20/20 right?..

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He'll have to beat out Koa Misi for playing time. Misi was quitely having a pretty solid season before he got hurt. I'm hopeful he'll be able to have an even better 2013. Between Misi, Dansby, and Burnett, I'm not too sure Kaddu will get hardly any playing time next year. Unless of course someone gets hurt.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:29 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Finhead34 wrote:
Erik Walden rotted on Miami's bench and special teams sparingly and look at him now.

Philbin still sees Kaddu at practice everyday, so I think that is great if he sees some promise in his ability for next season. Better to keep him and figure it out versus another team scooping him up.

If he likes him that much, why didn't he play him more? Especially when we were down by 28 points on Sunday.

He did take a look at him in the Jags game. It sounds as if he would definitely help our pass coverage from his OLB position. That would excite me as well. He would probably hurt us as he doesn't diagnose the plays as quickly as he can, but his outstanding athleticism seems to make up for it.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/data/b ... yerid=7148

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]