View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Andy Levitre - guard 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Andy Levitre - guard
Quote:
Impending free agent LG Andy Levitre made it clear while cleaning out his locker on Monday that he intends to shop for the best offer on the market this offseason.
The Bills opened preliminary talks in the offseason, but they went nowhere. A picture of durability on an oft-injured offensive line, Levitre has started 64 consecutive games since entering the league as the 51st overall pick in the 2009 draft. Levitre is Rotoworld's No. 1 ranked guard on the market this year. He should attract plenty of suitors if the Bills don't re-sign him before free agency kicks off.

-Rotoworld

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Andy Levitre - guard
As much as I want to replace Incognito, I don't like paying interior lineman a lot of money.

And by the looks of it, that's what it will take.

I will say this though. Not only is he a good player, but he fits the blocking scheme really nicely.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

i'm also leary of overpaying for him, but he is a top 5 interior lineman

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:29 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

swerve13 wrote:

If we have to over pay then oh well at least it's on a top OL who is a proven starter (64 straight starts). He is protecting our most valuable asset....Ryan Tannehill!

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

If we have to over pay then oh well at least it's on a top OL who is a proven starter (64 straight starts). He is protecting our most valuable asset....Ryan Tannehill!

I feel the same way about Mike Wallace as opposed to drafting an unproven receiver in round 1 of the draft. (I mean as much as I like Terence Williams, who knows if he'll become another Charles Rogers or David Terrell). I just don't think this team can afford gambles right now at major positions of needs. We need as sure a thing as possible at wide receiver. I'd rather sign Wallace and take another receiving prospect in the 5th round.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:20 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

As much as I want to replace Incognito, I don't like paying interior lineman a lot of money.

And by the looks of it, that's what it will take.

This is every free agent.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Levitre is one of my favorite free agents. Depending on the price, I would love to see the Dolphins kick the tires on this guy. He's durable and in the prime of his career. The only question is the price.

Levitre would take over at left guard next to Martin. He would instantly upgrade that position and along side Pouncey would anchor the left middle. Incognito could slide over and play right guard next year and compete with Jerry and whoever we draft for the starting job.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]