View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 my first Offseason-Mock 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: my first Offseason-Mock
swerve13 wrote:
not sure why everyone is talkin about drafting 2 or 3 receivers.
Are we to cut away with Hartline and Bess or something????

We need a #1 (preferably a free agent) and a seam tight end. We don't start 5 wideouts guys.
I'm all for grabbing a guy like Swope in the 4th or 5th round to compete for the 4th receiver spot but we need more than just receiver in this draft. We need 2 corners, a pass rusher, a couple of linemen and a tight end for sure.

So count me out for taking 3 wide receivers in the first 2 rounds.

I would hope to see the Dolphins take 1, 2 WR at most. My early mock has 2 WR, DE, CB and 2 OL with the picks in the first 4 rounds.

Defense needs some pieces, no doubt. But the offense averaged less than 19.0 points a game. Tannehill got sacked 7 times, and some of it had to do with OL, but some of it had to do with receivers that could not get open.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I would definitely consider taking Sam Montgomery with the 12th pick
He's a complete defensive end at the next level

He's the most overrated player in the draft.

Plus there's this: http://m.deadspin.com/5971949/heres-the ... socialflow

Still want him?

found this:
Quote:
Recipient of the Toby Caston Award for outstanding performance in 2012 spring drills ... One of two LSU players on the watch list for the 2012 Lott Trophy, which recognizes achievement on and off the field

sounds real lazy to me. LOL

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

We need a #1 (preferably a free agent) and a seam tight end. We don't start 5 wideouts guys.
I'm all for grabbing a guy like Swope in the 4th or 5th round to compete for the 4th receiver spot but we need more than just receiver in this draft. We need 2 corners, a pass rusher, a couple of linemen and a tight end for sure.

I think 2 WR's in the first 4 rounds....I believe Mike Jenkins is a FA and with another pass rusher our D will be solid. It's our offense that lost us half the games this year. Our D is good enough to make the playoffs!

Our D did absolutly nothing to stop Tom Brady the other day. Didn't even put up a fight.
Stats or no stats we have glaring holes on defense still. And the offense has plenty too.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:13 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Defense did not have one of there better games for sure, but the same defense held New England to a season low a couple of weeks ago in Miami.

Like I stated, the defense certainly needs some pieces, but to think the offense does not need more help, well, I don't know what to say on that.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:18 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

swerve13 wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

I think 2 WR's in the first 4 rounds....I believe Mike Jenkins is a FA and with another pass rusher our D will be solid. It's our offense that lost us half the games this year. Our D is good enough to make the playoffs!

Our D did absolutly nothing to stop Tom Brady the
other day. Didn't even put up a fight.
Stats or no stats we have glaring holes on defense still. And the offense has plenty too.

I believe the D plays better when the O doesn't drop TD's and fumble on the goal line! It would also help if the O could hold the ball for more than 3 downs to give the D some rest. Out of all the playoff teams this year only San Fran, Seattle and Denver have a great D. And our O actually scored on that SeaHawk D!

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:26 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Please go WR. We need to score points. Yeah I now there are holes all over but the Defense is still the strong point of this team & yes I know that is not saying much. No more lineman over skilled position players. look around the league.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:28 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

No more lineman over skilled position players. look around the league.

Yep. Like another poster said...The D get's worn out, so if we can score points and stay on the field, we should be fine. BUT...I like the idea of a passrusher. It will kill 2 birds with one stone. We can apply pressure and that will make our secondary look good.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I spent some time doing a little research and reading up on my favorite 3 tight ends (Eifert, Ertz, Fauria) and I've decided I'd be happy to get either one of them. I think all 3 have a shot to be special players at the next level. Obviously if I had my choice it would be Eifert since he is the best athlete of the bunch and the most polished too, but we would have to use our top pick or trade back into round 1 to get him.......

I also think Ertz might crack into round 1 so my ideal scenario would be to grab Fauria in the top of the 3rd round and if he isn't there, there are a few other smaller school guys who have that great size and receiving ability we could land in the 4th round (Ryan Otten, Zach Sudfeld, Jack Doyle)
I plan on researching those guys more eventually. I'm sure one or two of them will WOW people at the combine.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:44 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Wish'n this guy was available....Jadeveon Clowney

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:47 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm no draft guru at all, so those who follow it, what do you think about drafting Dee Milliner at #12, or if necessary, trade up past Tennessee to get him?

That is assuming we sign a WR like Wallace in free agency.

Then in rounds 2 and 3, draft a WR, a TE and two OL.

Just my thoughts...commence bearing them up ;)

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:45 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Just watched Keenan Allen's tape against Ohio State and USC... if he had a good QB in Cal man that kid woulda probably broke a lot of records... he gets open so consistently it's sick.

In those two game he seems to lose his footing a lot, which is weird, but a legit receiver man... would love to see us snag him

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:18 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

IamPZ wrote:
In those two game he seems to lose his footing a lot

Sounds like a certain #82

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:21 am

jammer wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
In those two game he seems to lose his footing a lot

Sounds like a certain #82

He is. Allen is a possession receiver. A good one, but that's all he is. Won't stretch it out vertically or make plays after the catch. Plus, he seems to struggle vs press coverage which concerns me.

He'll be solid, but I just don't see the fit for what we need.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:40 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
This no doubt will change NUMEROUS times.

1) Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor - Very good size, speed, playmaker. Jeff Ireland is a Baylor grad and should be able to find out as much information as is needed on Williams, and I like him more than Keenan Allen.

2) Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State - Big cornerback that was a former wide receiver. Good ball skills and physical, willing tackler.

2) Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn - The Dolphins need a pass rusher opposite Cameron Wake. Lemonier is an explosive pass rusher.

3) Coby Hamilton, WR, Arkansas - Another big, explosive WR that is very good after the catch. After watching that game yesterday, it obvious the Dolphins need wide receivers that can seperate.

3) Brennan Williams, ORT, North Carolina - Nate Garner is a free agent, and even if Miami re-signs Garner, competition is needed.

4) Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas - Richie Incognito is also a free agent, and his play to me has been up and down. Bailey has great power, but also the quickness to pull. He can play both ORG or OLG.

I believe the Dolphins will sign a WR in free agency and perhaps a TE as well. Dustin Keller is a TE I like a lot along with Jared Cook. Greg Jennings is about to hit 30, but he is still a top notch WR and he is now healthy, as his 8 catches for 122 yards and 2 TD performance from Sunday showed. Phins Rock mentioned about being a system guy, but systems don't make plays after the ball is in their hands, ballers do. Plus, he would be in the exact same system is is in now.

The more I look over this the more I like it. Count me in as a Williams supporter after watching some of his games. I also like Hamilton as a Red Zone playmaker.

I think a lot of people need to understand the value of Jennings' veteran presence for the younger guys if Miami could sign him.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IamPZ wrote:
Just watched Keenan Allen's tape against Ohio State and USC... if he had a good QB in Cal man that kid woulda probably broke a lot of records... he gets open so consistently it's sick.

In those two game he seems to lose his footing a lot, which is weird, but a legit receiver man... would love to see us snag him

Allen is a very good player and it's true that his quarterback held him back. Every analyst has said so. If Miami decides to take him I'll be happy. I'd say he's the best run after catch guy in this draft.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I see Miami going pass rusher in Rd. 1. The getting a Wr with their 1st pick of RD. 2

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:23 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

degs wrote:
I'm no draft guru at all, so those who follow it, what do you think about drafting Dee Milliner at #12, or if necessary, trade up past Tennessee to get him?

That is assuming we sign a WR like Wallace in free agency.

Then in rounds 2 and 3, draft a WR, a TE and two OL.

Just my thoughts...commence bearing them up ;)

I think the need for CB is not as great as WR and DE are. Millner is a solid player but a reach at 12 IMO. I would like to see a DE or WR but I don't think any of the WR are worth a #12 pick even though i have a man crush on DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:29 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

phinsfansc wrote:
This no doubt will change NUMEROUS times.

1) Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor - Very good size, speed, playmaker. Jeff Ireland is a Baylor grad and should be able to find out as much information as is needed on Williams, and I like him more than Keenan Allen.

2) Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State - Big cornerback that was a former wide receiver. Good ball skills and physical, willing tackler.

2) Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn - The Dolphins need a pass rusher opposite Cameron Wake. Lemonier is an explosive pass rusher.

3) Coby Hamilton, WR, Arkansas - Another big, explosive WR that is very good after the catch. After watching that game yesterday, it obvious the Dolphins need wide receivers that can seperate.

3) Brennan Williams, ORT, North Carolina - Nate Garner is a free agent, and even if Miami re-signs Garner, competition is needed.

4) Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas - Richie Incognito is also a free agent, and his play to me has been up and down. Bailey has great power, but also the quickness to pull. He can play both ORG or OLG.

I believe the Dolphins will sign a WR in free agency and perhaps a TE as well. Dustin Keller is a TE I like a lot along with Jared Cook. Greg Jennings is about to hit 30, but he is still a top notch WR and he is now healthy, as his 8 catches for 122 yards and 2 TD performance from Sunday showed. Phins Rock mentioned about being a system guy, but systems don't make plays after the ball is in their hands, ballers do. Plus, he would be in the exact same system is is in now.

I'm on board with this draft but I would totally be sold if we could land DE Cliff Avril (27 years old) from Detroit and pick Notre Dame's TE or Stanfords TE with that additional 2nd round pick instead of the DE from Auburn!

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:43 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
3rd round-#77-TE-Joseph Fauria - UCLA
Fauria has 41 receptions for 578 yards and 11 touchdowns this year. He has been a great red zone weapon for UCLA. Fauria has improved his blocking, but still needs to become a more effective blocker for the NFL. He's 6'7 with long Gronkowski arms and is almost an impossible matchup in the red zone. We NEED a guy like this badly.

my tight end man crush from back in February is paying off big time for the Lions. They didnt even draft him, they signed him as a rookie free agent. What a steal. he's doing exactly what he did at UCLA, catch tons of touchdowns.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2