View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Dion Jordan 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Dion Jordan
Is anybody checking him out tonight against Kansas St? I would like to hear some evaluations of him in a big game.

DE Oregon State #96

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:04 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Dion Jordan
My boy.

He's my favorite for the 12th pick right now.

We'll hear this way too much over the next few months, but he looks like Jason Taylor.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
My boy.

He's my favorite for the 12th pick right now.

We'll hear this way too much over the next few months, but he looks like Jason Taylor.

I would have to agree with you about him...really reminds me of JT but not only that he's a physical freak! I like Hopkins and Williams but don't think either is worth the 12th pick. I also like the kid from BYU.....

How is Jordan doing tonight?

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

He's been disruptive. Tremendous quickness and speed for a man his size, and he certainly has the frame to put on more weight.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:38 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Thanks....great to hear because I don't think we can go wrong picking DE at 12! Werner, Jordan, Mingo or Montgomery will be there. By the time combine is over somebody else will rise up the boards meaning there should be plenty of talent at 12!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 pm

MdDolfan wrote:
Thanks....great to hear because I don't think we can go wrong picking DE at 12! Werner, Jordan, Mingo or Montgomery will be there. By the time combine is over somebody else will rise up the boards meaning there should be plenty of talent at 12!

I'm excited for it. It's been way too many off seasons in a row that we're begging for a legitimate rusher opposite Wake. It would change the entire dynamic of the defense.

No excuses not to grab one at 12.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I like William Gholston out of Michigan State. He'll be there in the middle rounds. He's 6'7" 278lbs. He really knows how to use his height to his advantage. He had 8 passes defended this year. He's a bit of a hybrid, he can play DE or DT, kind of like Odrick. You can use him as a DE on 1st and 2nd down, then move him inside on 3rd down as an interior pass rusher making way for guys like Vernon to come in.

As far as our first pick. I'd rather see us go after a top tier cornerback, safety, or if the right offensive tackle like Joeckel falls, then I'd take that guy as well. Or if none of those guys are on the board, I'd like to see us trade back and add picks. Then take a top tier receiver. Pass rusher isn't even in our top five needs in my opinion.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:19 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Re: Dion Jordan
Agree this is someone to keep an eye on because he will be there at 12 and fits a need. But I watched the bowl game and was disappointed. Other than run in a two point conversion, I really didn't see Jordan do much of anything this game. In fact, I didn't see him on the field for much of the second half (?). Let me know if you saw the game differently, but I came away scratching my head about this prospect.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:15 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Pete in VA wrote:
Agree this is someone to keep an eye on because he will be there at 12 and fits a need. But I watched the bowl game and was disappointed. Other than run in a two point conversion, I really didn't see Jordan do much of anything this game. In fact, I didn't see him on the field for much of the second half (?). Let me know if you saw the game differently, but I came away scratching my head about this prospect.

As much as I think Miami needs a Wr. They have to go pass rusher at No. 12 & take the best Wr with their 1st pick of Rd .2

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Pete in VA wrote:

He was battling a shoulder injury which really hampered him. I wouldn't base your evaluation on that game.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I like Ansah and Okafor more than him. I think Jordan is more of an outside linebacker in a 34 defense.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]