View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Nick Saban makes Jeff Ireland look like a god in S. Fla 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Nick Saban makes Jeff Ireland look like a god in S. Fla
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/04/1 ... eedID=3720

This...oh man, THIS really got to me:

Quote:
Two of Mandich’s three sons, Nick and Michael, explained why their mild-mannered father developed such a dislike for Saban. Their father was a longtime team radio analyst, although his role during Saban’s two Miami seasons was as a radio talk-show host, when he was openly critical of the coach.

“My dad didn’t really have enemies,’’ Nick Mandich said. “But if you don’t respect him, he’s not going to respect you. ... The first time my dad saw Saban, it was in a hallway next to his office. He said ‘hi’ to him and Saban just walked right by and didn’t acknowledge him.’’

Michael Mandich said his father received a call after that encounter.

“His assistant called and said, ‘Please do not address coach Saban unless he addresses you first,’’’ Michael Mandich said. “My dad meant it when he said he would have fought him. He never really disliked somebody quite to that degree.’’’

I cannot come to reality where someone can be so ridiculously egotistical and pull some disgusting crap like that. Can you think of a worse way to make someone feel so much smaller than you? Lol that rat must think he is a god treating Mandich...or ANYONE as a matter of fact, like that. I hope the Irish blow the living F' out of that scumbag's team...and I hate Notre Dame!

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:45 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Nick Saban makes Jeff Ireland look like a god in S. Fla
Quote:
“The irritating thing that I have . . . see I don’t like the way he treats people that are working for a living,” NFL analyst Jimmy Johnson told 790-The Ticket. “I’m talking about some of the [media] that are working for $30,000 and $40,000 that are helping him be a star. Yet, he’s that way to them and he belittles those people. I don’t like that. So, that’s what turned me off on him right off the bat when he came to the Dolphins. I just didn’t like the way he dealt with people. . . He had a tough time dealing with the NFL.”

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:52 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Seriously, it's so pathetic how Dolphins fans and ex-players and staff are still so adamant about this. People take better job offers all the time. The difference is Saban had to deal with the additional task of being publicly questioned about it.

Did he deal with it the best way? Probably not. But had he said "no comment", he would have been criticized. Had he said he was going to be the Alabama coach or he was thinking about it, he would have let his team down in the middle of the season.

People need to get over it. He's not the devil because he took on a great opportunity after realizing the NFL wasn't for him.

:deadhorse:

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I think its more about his character than how he left. He's clearly not a good person and its the medias job to continuously revisit these instances.. thats what they do.

I'm not sure what's more "beating a dead horse"... the media bringing this up anytime Saban and Miami are mentioned in the same sentence, or people complaining that the media keeps bringing it up.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:54 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

fonzy wrote:
Seriously, it's so pathetic how Dolphins fans and ex-players and staff are still so adamant about this. People take better job offers all the time. The difference is Saban had to deal with the additional task of being publicly questioned about it.

Did he deal with it the best way? Probably not. But had he said "no comment", he would have been criticized. Had he said he was going to be the Alabama coach or he was thinking about it, he would have let his team down in the middle of the season.

People need to get over it. He's not the devil because he took on a great opportunity after realizing the NFL wasn't for him.

:deadhorse:

This has nothing to do with the original post.

The main point of the post was to draw attention to Nick Saban's caustic personality. Considering ESPN is all over Rex Ryan whenever he draws a breath, I find it amazing how Saban gets a free pass from everyone except South Florida media.

Not only did he show a lack of basic, human respect to Mandich, but that rule was in place for all Dolphins office staff. No one should get the right to tell people, "Shut up and don't say hi to me." Saban, however, thinks he does, and he is a horrible human being as a result.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I apologize in advance, but I felt the desire to post this. The quote belongs to a member (delusional albeit) of the FinHeaven forums...I know it's irrelevant but you oughtta read it just for laughs. This is his take on Saban:

Quote:
You guys should really end your bitterness that is completely unwarranted anyway. Why not better your lives and follow Nick Saban. Saban > Jesus. Im not joking either. You dont have to be a Bama fan, but if you follow Nick Saban's philosophies and apply them to your everyday life, you will have more success in everything you do.

I still cant understand why you guys are mad at Saban for giving his best effort for the phins for the time he was here. Some cowards when they know they are leaving just quit and run like Petrino. Nick Saban lied for the benefit of the Miami Dolphins. He knew he was going to Alabama, yet he didnt want any of that to interfere with him doing the best job he possibly could for the team he was currently employed by. It was a very honorable thing to do. Most men would not sacrifice how others would perceive them just so they could do the best job they possibly could for a team they knew they were leaving. But, thats just one of the great character attributes of Nick Saban. You too can be like Saban if you listen to him and try. Grow up and quit hating.

:)

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:55 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

That post is just crazy but look , he left , he screwed us but it is certainly time to get over it. Maybe it is because of who he replaced at Alabama , I dont know. You cannot deny what he has done there in 4 years , you can tell even in victory he just is not a gracious guy. Buy guys here like Jason Taylor still take to the air waves to defend him & praise him for when he was here. The same Jason Taylor who did not want Mandich on the team bus when he criticized the team during the Cameron season.
Although Saban is recent past it still was 3 regimes ago. That alone should tell us to forget it already & focus on the state of the current team.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:45 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/01/04/13/Nick-Sabans-Miami-tenure-not-recalled-fo/landing.html?blockID=844785&feedID=3720

This...oh man, THIS really got to me:

Quote:
Two of Mandich’s three sons, Nick and Michael, explained why their mild-mannered father developed such a dislike for Saban. Their father was a longtime team radio analyst, although his role during Saban’s two Miami seasons was as a radio talk-show host, when he was openly critical of the coach.

“My dad didn’t really have enemies,’’ Nick Mandich said. “But if you don’t respect him, he’s not going to respect you. ... The first time my dad saw Saban, it was in a hallway next to his office. He said ‘hi’ to him and Saban just walked right by and didn’t acknowledge him.’’

Michael Mandich said his father received a call after that encounter.

“His assistant called and said, ‘Please do not address coach Saban unless he addresses you first,’’’ Michael Mandich said. “My dad meant it when he said he would have fought him. He never really disliked somebody quite to that degree.’’’

I cannot come to reality where someone can be so ridiculously egotistical and pull some disgusting crap like that. Can you think of a worse way to make someone feel so much smaller than you? Lol that rat must think he is a god treating Mandich...or ANYONE as a matter of fact, like that. I hope the Irish blow the living F' out of that scumbag's team...and I hate Notre Dame!

He's not the first person to get that kind of treatment from Saban. On Saban's second day as coach, a pretty young female office assistant told him she liked his haircut. She was told a few hours later never to speak to him again unless he spoke to her first. That is NOT the way to treat subordinates

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:12 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That is Nick Saban and his personality. Like him or love him, he's a college football god and he is exactly where he belongs. While the man certainly could have had some success in Miami had he stuck around, I seriously doubt he'd have had the type of success he's having in Alabama. I've moved on. I'm more worried about what Philbin and his crew are going to do in the immediate future, I could care less about Saban's ego and the way he treats people.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

wkloiber13 wrote:
I've moved on.

I'm with you. He's part of the Parcells/Belichick circle of friends. Why should be not think he's a jerk? The way he left the Dolphins just highlighted it.

Anyways, he's in his element at the college level and you have to like his style of play offensively and defensively. He needs to stay there and build on his legacy.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
I've moved on.

I'm with you. He's part of the Parcells/Belichick circle of friends. Why should be not think he's a jerk? The way he left the Dolphins just highlighted it.

Anyways, he's in his element at the college level and you have to like his style of play offensively and defensively. He needs to stay there and build on his legacy.

Yup, he's just a great college coach that is in the middle of what quite possibly could be one of the best dynasties in college football history. Kudos to him for what he has built in Bama.

We don't need to be so interested in the guy as Dolphins fans. He's long removed from the organization. We need to rather be focused on who we have in house right now. Guys like Ireland, Philbin, Sherman, and Coyle need to be watched, evaluated, and praised or critiqued depending on how they perform.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]