View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:11 am



Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 To All the Mike Wallace Haters.... 
Author Message
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
take a look at this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZi0Vnx1 ... ata_player


Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1022
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Fun video. The dude has talent. If we got him & used him properly then he could be very exciting.

But to put it basely, nobody hates on him for his highlights. Its his lows; pouting, giving up on routes, mental lapse/drops that'll get underneath your skin. I am not against him being a Dolphin but I think he personally believe he is worth more money then he has proven he deserves.

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:51 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1257
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
This is the guy Miami has to land in free agency. He brings the deep threat and tons of yards after the catch. And at 26 he is in the prime of his career.

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
He's a one trick pony, but it's an important trick and he's the best in the NFL at it. He will get his money. I wouldn't mind Miami giving it to him.


Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
I wasn't aware there was a crowd of Mike Wallace haters...


Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5321
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Phins Rock wrote:
I wasn't aware there was a crowd of Mike Wallace haters...


But PR ... I thought you emailed us about that super secret meeting this Sunday? Image

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Phins Rock wrote:
I wasn't aware there was a crowd of Mike Wallace haters...


Haters may have been too strong a word, I should of put critics. I just wanted to show what this guy can do with the ball in his hands. I love Jennings too but if we are going after a FA I want Wallace...he will do for us everything V Jackson did for Tampa Bay. Jennings is solid but Wallace is explosive! We can also add playmakers in the draft and be so dangerous next year. Philbin knows exactly what to do with these weapons!


Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5321
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
MdDolfan wrote:
Haters may have been too strong a word, I should of put critics. I just wanted to show what this guy can do with the ball in his hands. I love Jennings too but if we are going after a FA I want Wallace...he will do for us everything V Jackson did for Tampa Bay. Jennings is solid but Wallace is explosive! We can also add playmakers in the draft and be so dangerous next year. Philbin knows exactly what to do with these weapons!


Wallace is not the same kind of receiver VJ is.

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
MdDolfan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I wasn't aware there was a crowd of Mike Wallace haters...


Haters may have been too strong a word, I should of put critics. I just wanted to show what this guy can do with the ball in his hands. I love Jennings too but if we are going after a FA I want Wallace...he will do for us everything V Jackson did for Tampa Bay. Jennings is solid but Wallace is explosive! We can also add playmakers in the draft and be so dangerous next year. Philbin knows exactly what to do with these weapons!


For the record I could make a Ted Ginn highlight video as long as this Wallace one, and I guarantee you it would look just as impressive.

While everybody and their mother know how much better Wallace is than Ginn, Wallace is a one trick pony. How much is it worth when you can do it at as elite a level as he can? We'll find out I guess.


Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 312
Location: PA
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Rock Sexton wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Haters may have been too strong a word, I should of put critics. I just wanted to show what this guy can do with the ball in his hands. I love Jennings too but if we are going after a FA I want Wallace...he will do for us everything V Jackson did for Tampa Bay. Jennings is solid but Wallace is explosive! We can also add playmakers in the draft and be so dangerous next year. Philbin knows exactly what to do with these weapons!


Wallace is not the same kind of receiver VJ is.


I don't believe he said they are the same kind of receiver? He would do what VJ did for Tampa Bay, make them stronger at the WR position.


Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5321
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
rhoads30 wrote:
I don't believe he said they are the same kind of receiver? He would do what VJ did for Tampa Bay, make them stronger at the WR position.


These were his words chief: "he will do for us EVERYTHING V Jackson did for Tampa Bay"

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5954
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Quote:
GM Kevin Colbert said Wednesday it's "very doubtful" the Steelers use the franchise tag.
"I don't think we have too many franchise players," Colbert said bluntly. "We're not married to anybody." It's the strongest indication yet the Steelers plan to let Mike Wallace hit the open market, where he'd almost certainly receive an offer Pittsburgh couldn't match. Despite a down 2012, the 26-year-old Wallace figures to be the most sought after free agent wideout.


-Rotoworld


Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5954
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Phins Rock wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I wasn't aware there was a crowd of Mike Wallace haters...


Haters may have been too strong a word, I should of put critics. I just wanted to show what this guy can do with the ball in his hands. I love Jennings too but if we are going after a FA I want Wallace...he will do for us everything V Jackson did for Tampa Bay. Jennings is solid but Wallace is explosive! We can also add playmakers in the draft and be so dangerous next year. Philbin knows exactly what to do with these weapons!


For the record I could make a Ted Ginn highlight video as long as this Wallace one, and I guarantee you it would look just as impressive.

While everybody and their mother know how much better Wallace is than Ginn, Wallace is a one trick pony. How much is it worth when you can do it at as elite a level as he can? We'll find out I guess.


I doubt you could. Ginn has what??? maybe 7 highlights of his career


Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:37 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8602
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
I think people around here are split between Wallace and Jennings. Jennings knows the offense and would make an immediate impact, but Wallace is younger and adds the deep ball threat. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with either, but the rumors are that Wallace would be our #1 target.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3700
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
The critics are not doubting what he can do on the field. They have just been down this road before with moody receivers and the baggage that comes with them off the field.
The Steelers will not resign him because he is the type of player they move on from.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20887
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Phins Rock wrote:
I wasn't aware there was a crowd of Mike Wallace haters...


There is an army of one.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:00 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8602
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I wasn't aware there was a crowd of Mike Wallace haters...


There is an army of one.



:)

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Posts: 233
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
I'm not a hater, I'm just not convinced he's anything more than a deep threat.


Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:38 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Can we also show a video of his drops this year? He had a lot.


Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20887
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
wkloiber13 wrote:
Can we also show a video of his drops this year? He had a lot.


Yes, but they were also out of character for him.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:47 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1199
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
He did miss training camp this year and the Steelers as a whole were down. His stats overall are very impressive, averaging over 1,000 yards, 59 rec and 8 TD's over 4 years. He's definitely the top WR available. He could drastically change our offense and make things a lot easier for everybody involved. I'm all for bringing him in and drafting a top WR.


Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Wallace had 6 drops, which was 38th in the NFL...

For comparison, Bess had 8 drops and Hartline had 5.

Wallace had 4 drops in 2011.

So how about we stop with the dropped passes non sense. His hands are very dependable.


Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
rhoads30 wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Haters may have been too strong a word, I should of put critics. I just wanted to show what this guy can do with the ball in his hands. I love Jennings too but if we are going after a FA I want Wallace...he will do for us everything V Jackson did for Tampa Bay. Jennings is solid but Wallace is explosive! We can also add playmakers in the draft and be so dangerous next year. Philbin knows exactly what to do with these weapons!


Wallace is not the same kind of receiver VJ is.


I don't believe he said they are the same kind of receiver? He would do what VJ did for Tampa Bay, make them stronger at the WR position.


Thank you, I'm glad somebody understood me!


Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
How many believe that Ross wants to make a splash in FA to help justify the $ needed for upgrades to the stadium? I think Wallace is that splash but is also what we need football wise.


Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 320
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
I think we sign Wallace unless another team makes a ridiculous offer for him. He is the smart move. He will improve our offense by just being on the field. Throw in the catches, yardage and scores and this team takes a huge step on offense.


Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Rock Sexton wrote:
rhoads30 wrote:
I don't believe he said they are the same kind of receiver? He would do what VJ did for Tampa Bay, make them stronger at the WR position.


These were his words chief: "he will do for us EVERYTHING V Jackson did for Tampa Bay"


What did VJ do for Tampa that Wallace hasn't done for the Steelers?


Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:13 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1199
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Wallace is definitely the best Free Agent WR................his seasonal average is 1,000 yds and 8 TD's over the last 4 years. His speed and big play capability will require double coverage and defensive coordinators will have to plan for him.......this automatically opens up everyone else in the offense.

By the way, there was one highlight missing from highlight video. His speed is incredible.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000090196/Wallace-51-yd-TD


Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5321
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
MdDolfan wrote:
What did VJ do for Tampa that Wallace hasn't done for the Steelers?


They play two very different roles at the WR position. Wallace is a lean go-route speedster, while VJ is a big bodied, athletic freak that can play multiple WR positions. They effect the game in different ways.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: To All the Mike Wallace Haters....
Rock Sexton wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
What did VJ do for Tampa that Wallace hasn't done for the Steelers?


They play two very different roles at the WR position. Wallace is a lean go-route speedster, while VJ is a big bodied, athletic freak that can play multiple WR positions. They effect the game in different ways.


And they both do what All Pro WR's do for their team....they score TD's and win games!


Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], StereoMike and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.