View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 WR and TE who is the best solution IYO and Why ? 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post WR and TE who is the best solution IYO and Why ?
WR Position

FA : 3 big names here : Jennings, Wallace and Bowe...........but perhaps others big names will come with players salary cap cut like Boldin

My choice is here Jennings because : he is the cheaper, a solid leader in and on the field and he know the philbin system and philosophy + he character is without a doubt and he will help the more he can to groom his successor who will be drafted

Draft : Allen, Hunter, Hopkins, Patterson, Williams :

My choice : Hopkins and why : YAC very solid, solid hand, great effort guy and I think will be the better in Philbin system and for more cons , he have weigth and height

TE : seems more difficult hole than WR to fill this year !

FA : Bennett, Cook and perhaps Finley :

My choice : Bennett : I don't know why but this guy could really hep us, JMO but he have many con and not many negative with good coaching IMO

I will add that before that we must resign Fasano because without him if our new N° 1 TE go down to injury, that's a return to abyss

Draft : 3 names seems interesting Ertz, Eifert, Reed :

My choice : Reed, because IMO all our 3 first pick must GO to WR CB and another CB or safetie (rambo) and Reed seems very good value in round 3 and not so much behind Ertz and Eifert in production our our system JMO.

Feel free to write your opinions, but please give them explain because it's like tthat than our beloved forum is so interesting.

GO PHINS GO !

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:18 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: WR and TE who is the best solution IYO and Why ?
I like Martellus. Good blocker, able pass catcher, but not really that field stretcher. He did say that he wants to play on same team as his brother, Michael. Both are free agents, both are TAMU products, think Sherman has some familiarity with them? Both would fill needs....pass rush de and a te, almost a packaged deal.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

i just have a comment on the "system" everyone refers to.

People call it "Philbins system", yet its Sherman who runs it as the OC, and he was at Texas A & M for the past few years. Because of this, the two coaches have been seperated for about 5 years. I know they were both in Green Bay together, but was the offense he runs now the same one that Philbin was running as the OC in GB?

From my understanding, he took the same offense (that he ran with Tannehill during his last year) and is using that now. How does that make it Philbin's unless they both ran the same (or at least very similar) offenses.

I know this may be a very tiny detail I am looking into, but just wanted some clarification. Let me know your thoughts

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:42 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Marc, you're right. It's A&M's offense much more than GB's. The NFL team that I think they're trying to mimic most is the Texans.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

I'm sure that Sherman is running his offense that he took "from" Green Bay and brought "to" A & M, and now has in Miami.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I really hope we're not trying to emulate the Texans offense, because they just don't have enough to compete with the best.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Jared Cook will shine outside of tennesee....and im hoping he shines in miami

As for wr...jennings for the obvious reasons

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

J-BARK wrote:
Jared Cook will shine outside of tennesee....and im hoping he shines in miami

As for wr...jennings for the obvious reasons

Love Jared Cook and I think he will be a huge pickup. He has great speed for a TE, and very good size at 6'5, 250 lbs.

I tend to lean to Greg Jennings also, as I think is he a overall better WR than either Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace. But he is about to hit 30 and has been somewhat injury prone. He has to come at the right price.

I could live with any of the 3 though.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Jared Cook is not going anywhere, he's too talented.

Quote:
ESPN's Paul Kuharsky "fully expects" the Titans to use their franchise tag on impending free agent Jared Cook.

If the Titans spend $5.962 million to franchise him on a one-year deal, we'll know they think his ceiling is high as well. Cook managed just 44 catches, 523 yards and four touchdowns in 13 games this season. It's part of the reason offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and tight ends coach John Zernhelt have been fired.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:41 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

StereoMike wrote:

Quote:
ESPN's Paul Kuharsky "fully expects" the Titans to use their franchise tag on impending free agent Jared Cook.

If the Titans spend $5.962 million to franchise him on a one-year deal, we'll know they think his ceiling is high as well. Cook managed just 44 catches, 523 yards and four touchdowns in 13 games this season. It's part of the reason offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and tight ends coach John Zernhelt have been fired.

I know the Titans had said they were going to make him a priority, and putting the franchise tag on him would certainly indicate that.

If they don't, GAME ON.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

StereoMike wrote:

Quote:

Why would a team put a franchise tag on a player they totally ignore on offense? Not saying they will not, but why is he so important when the team pays no attention to him.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Dphins4me wrote:
Why would a team put a franchise tag on a player they totally ignore on offense? Not saying they will not, but why is he so important when the team pays no attention to him.

You missed this part:

Quote:
It's part of the reason offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and tight ends coach John Zernhelt have been fired.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 pm

swerve13 wrote:
I really hope we're not trying to emulate the Texans offense, because they just don't have enough to compete with the best.

No. Schaub doesn't have enough...Not their offense.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]