View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 but I thought Tom Brady was the best quarterback ever? LOL 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: but I thought Tom Brady was the best quarterback ever? LOL
Phins Rock wrote:
I think a better indicator is to look at the past 10 drafts, not 10 Super Bowls.

Prior to this season, David Garrard and TJ Yates were the only non-1st round QB's who were drafted in the last 10 years to have won a Playoff game...1 each.

This season saw others...Kaepernick, Wilson, Schaub.

Every rule has exceptions...but the 1st round QB theory is becoming a pretty firm rule.

Romo, 2009 season beat iggles....and he wasn't even drafted.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Project86JLL13 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I think a better indicator is to look at the past 10 drafts, not 10 Super Bowls.

Prior to this season, David Garrard and TJ Yates were the only non-1st round QB's who were drafted in the last 10 years to have won a Playoff game...1 each.

This season saw others...Kaepernick, Wilson, Schaub.

Every rule has exceptions...but the 1st round QB theory is becoming a pretty firm rule.

Romo, 2009 season beat iggles....and he wasn't even drafted.

I stand corrected. So it was 3.

Not sure why I had Romo having no Playoff wins stuck in my head.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:

If that was Suh it would be all over tv and a fine.

Very true, but he has earned his rep with dirty play.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Rick wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Worry less about them & the Jets & more about us.

But there is not much hope for Miami to do much better while still having the same ownership and managers. What can we worry about and wonder about after everything we've seen? It seems time is better spent watching the demise of the Jesters and the Cheaters. The lackluster netting of talent and luck by Miami runs deep. And you know how the Romans said, "Silent waters run deep". And boy is Miami's threat silent and will remain silent until the team has a new owner and manager or is moved to a different city where collecting an NFL pay check without the desire for winning is so much fun.

I'm tired of having hope when there is such an extreme void of talent and luck. I do enjoy seeing teams that have the talent like the Patriots lose and that is what makes it all bearable for now.

Cant argue with those thoughts. Just a good dose of reality there.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:37 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I stopped worrying about what the Jets/Patriots were doing a long time ago. There's no silver-lining for me when a team like that Pats gets knocked out in the AFC Championship game. I care more about when this franchise actually gets it right and is back to playing in one of those.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:28 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
I stopped worrying about what the Jets/Patriots were doing a long time ago. There's no silver-lining for me when a team like that Pats gets knocked out in the AFC Championship game. I care more about when this franchise actually gets it right and is back to playing in one of those.

Bingo.

For us to actually get any enjoyment and talk trash about the Patriots losing in a game that we haven't been to since before I was born, is ridiculous.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for his controversial slide toward Ed Reed of the Baltimore Ravens.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -fined-10k

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:

For us to actually get any enjoyment and talk trash about the Patriots losing in a game that we haven't been to since before I was born, is ridiculous.

I wish I wasnt born yet, it would be nice to be turning 21 again...
I found pleasure in those Buff SB losses. I find pleasure in the Patsies losses too..

Unfortunately its my sick demented way of enjoying post season football...

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I am tired of basically rooting for anyone to knock the Pats off in the playoffs/Super Bowl every year, instead of pulling for the Dolphins.

I am obsessed. Patriots fans in New England are obnoxiously spoiled. I enjoy the silence when they get knocked out. (Beyond the usual blaming that goes on as to why they lost).

It is time for the Dolphins to dominate.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
Quote:
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for his controversial slide toward Ed Reed of the Baltimore Ravens.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -fined-10k

10-0 before spy gate...7-7 since

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:29 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Want to cheer for them to lose, go for it. I want to cheer for MIA in the playoffs....imagine.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dolfanrar wrote:
Patriots fans in New England are obnoxiously spoiled. I enjoy the silence when they get knocked out. (Beyond the usual blaming that goes on as to why they lost).

I'm 32 years old and have lived in New England my whole life. Prior to 2001 no one up here gave a crap about the Pats outside of 1985 and 1996. There was some mild interest when Bledsoe was drafted but that is about it. Growing up all of my friends were either Cowboys, 49ers or Giants fans. The only ones who rooted for the Pats were the children of true, die hard Pats fans. Few and far in between.

To sum it up, you have no idea how bandwagon and fickle the fans are up here. Once Brady goes and NE experiences a decade like Miami has just endured it will be a joke. And to sum up their football knowledge, many wanted NE to trade Brady when Cassel's contract was up. They go with what is popular and then go away when its over.

I'm sure its like that in any city, but the obnoxious, arrogant and clueless attitude you described is spot on.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

jammer wrote:
Dolfanrar wrote:
Patriots fans in New England are obnoxiously spoiled. I enjoy the silence when they get knocked out. (Beyond the usual blaming that goes on as to why they lost).

I'm 32 years old and have lived in New England my whole life. Prior to 2001 no one up here gave a crap about the Pats outside of 1985 and 1996. There was some mild interest when Bledsoe was drafted but that is about it. Growing up all of my friends were either Cowboys, 49ers or Giants fans. The only ones who rooted for the Pats were the children of true, die hard Pats fans. Few and far in between.

To sum it up, you have no idea how bandwagon and fickle the fans are up here. Once Brady goes and NE experiences a decade like Miami has just endured it will be a joke. And to sum up their football knowledge, many wanted NE to trade Brady when Cassel's contract was up. They go with what is popular and then go away when its over.

I'm sure its like that in any city, but the obnoxious, arrogant and clueless attitude you described is spot on.

So true.....
I can't tell you how many games in Foxboro i have gone to..walked up the window and got my choice of seats..I went to a Redskin/Pats game one time and if there was 2000 fans in the stands i would be surprised....Been to many Dolphin games with more Miami fans than NE...

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Want to cheer for them to lose, go for it. I want to cheer for MIA in the playoffs....imagine.

I do both..

Unfortunately Miami has not gone much lately, and I enjoy football, so when watching I tend to root for teams. Basic rule of thumb is I root for Miami first, and any team playing the jets, pats or bills second.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I hear Brady is trying out for kicker next year.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2