View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Tyler Eifert -#1 Tight End for 2013 Draft 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Tyler Eifert -#1 Tight End for 2013 Draft
If Miami can somehow trade and come back down from pick #42 and find a way to get this kid, I believe this is a weapon that would help Tannehill tremendously. There is talk Eifert may not even make it out of the first round, but if he slips to the very end of the first, early, second, you move up and snatch this kid.

Eifert ranks as No. 1 tight end for April's NFL Draft and is widely considered the top player at his position. He is projected as a late first- or early second-round selection; check out the mock draft analysis here.

Although he didn't match his production from a year ago, Eifert still led the Irish in receiving in 2012 with 50 catches for 685 yards and four touchdowns, including six catches for 61 yards in Monday's title game. Even without a 100-yard receiving game during his time in South Bend, he finishes his Notre Dame career with 140 catches for 1,840 yards and 11 scores, holding numerous school records by a tight end.

Eifert looks the part (6-foot-5,252 pounds) for the position and has always been a reliable receiver, but he really improved as a blocker the past three seasons. He has strong hands and does a nice job making contested catches in traffic with the smooth body control and footwork of a wide receiver. The most versatile weapon on the Irish offense, Eifert lined up both in-line and out wide on the Notre Dame offense, often matching up with opposing cornerbacks. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664437

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Tyler Eifert -#1 Tight End for 2013 Draft
Yep.....the team also needs multiple WR's, a DE, a CB and o-line help. Fasano is adequate for now. Since the team might not keep Hartline or Sean Smith, I don't think the team can afford a luxury pick when other areas of need are greater.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think your right in the obvious team needs, but if you have a chance to get a guy that can be Gronk like in a tight end that can be a huge upgrade to the offense as well. The NFL has proven that big athletic seam threat and red zone threat tight ends are a luxury to have on your team.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:30 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Yep.....the team also needs multiple WR's, a DE, a CB and o-line help. Fasano is adequate for now. Since the team might not keep Hartline or Sean Smith, I don't think the team can afford a luxury pick when other areas of need are greater.

TE is NOT a luxury pick...

This team needs pass catchers. Whether it's WR's, or TE's, that's their biggest need. They need to be ultra aggressive in pursuing those guys this off season....Fasano is not even close to being good enough as a #1.

I'm not Eifert's biggest fan, but if Miami loves, they should do what it takes to go get him.

Although from what I've read from former scouts, Zach Ertz seems to be the perceived #1 TE in this class.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:19 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

TE is NOT a luxury pick...

This team needs pass catchers. Whether it's WR's, or TE's, that's their biggest need. They need to be ultra aggressive in pursuing those guys this off season....Fasano is not even close to being good enough as a #1.

I'm not Eifert's biggest fan, but if Miami loves, they should do what it takes to go get him.

Although from what I've read from former scouts, Zach Ertz seems to be the perceived #1 TE in this class.

I agree...we need playmakers period but especially on O! And Ive watched tons of Stanford games (not a lot of ND) and Ertz is the real deal. Size speed and hands...not to sure about his blocking though!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:43 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s7O2ao3 ... ata_player

The one thing I love most about this kid is he catches almost every ball with his hands!!!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]