View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 here's a draft feature on Cordarelle Patterson that I saved 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post here's a draft feature on Cordarelle Patterson that I saved
Quote:
Unique. That describes Cordarrelle Patterson to a tee. Patterson brings a unique versatility to the next level that hasn’t been seen before. At my count, Patterson lined up as a back, threw a pass (28-yard completion), returned punts, returned kicks, and oh yeah, he played wide receiver.
Patterson’s versatility led to him breaking the Tennessee all-purpose yardage mark as he accounted for 1,858 yards in a disappointing 5-7 season for the Volunteers. To put Patterson’s numbers into perspective, we compare him to West Virginia’s Tavon Austin, arguably college football’s most versatile player. In 2012, Austin accounted for 231 total touches amassing 2,760 total yards. Patterson accounted for 99 total touches to accumulate his 1,858 yards. On a per touch basis, Austin averages 11.9 yards while Patterson averages 18.8 yards. One slight difference, Austin checks in at 5-foot-9 and 176 pounds while Patterson goes 6-foot-3, 200 pounds.

At 6-foot-3, 200 pounds it’s conceivable that Patterson could run a sub-4.4 40 yard dash at the NFL Combine. He’s an elite athlete with rare wingspan/catching radius. Patterson is a guy that you can check all the boxes from a physical standpoint. When Patterson sets his mind to dominating a game, he can. It’s so rare that a wide receiver can take over a game but Patterson is capable of doing just that.

Quote:
With most every NFL prospects there are downsides. For Patterson, they revolve around the question of does he have “it” in him to be great. There were times in the middle of the season that Patterson appeared disinterested in playing at a high level. He was a relative non-factor against Akron, Alabama, and South Carolina. In games against Mississippi State and Georgia it appeared that Tennessee was manufacturing ways to get him into the game, whether it be on reverses or on special teams.
Patterson will need to become a more fluid route runner at the next level. He relied on his speed and frame to win matchups as his routes looked lazy at times. This may be a product of the fact that Patterson was essentially a freshman last season and will come with good coaching and experience in an NFL system.

(follow link for article)

http://nflsfuture.com/2013/01/04/making ... aft-class/

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:17 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: here's a draft feature on Cordarelle Patterson that I saved
Quote:
"Unique. That describes Cordarrelle Patterson to a tee. Patterson brings a unique versatility to the next level that hasn’t been seen before. At my count, Patterson lined up as a back, threw a pass (28-yard completion), returned punts, returned kicks, and oh yeah, he played wide receiver.
Patterson’s versatility led to him breaking the Tennessee all-purpose yardage mark as he accounted for 1,858 yards in a disappointing 5-7 season for the Volunteers. To put Patterson’s numbers into perspective, we compare him to West Virginia’s Tavon Austin, arguably college football’s most versatile player. In 2012, Austin accounted for 231 total touches amassing 2,760 total yards. Patterson accounted for 99 total touches to accumulate his 1,858 yards. On a per touch basis, Austin averages 11.9 yards while Patterson averages 18.8 yards. One slight difference, Austin checks in at 5-foot-9 and 176 pounds while Patterson goes 6-foot-3, 200 pounds."

Take a chance Jeff! Roll the dice on this kid at #12 and pair him up with Mike Wallace (FA) and top it off with either Wheaton or Patton in the 2nd and Ertz in the 3rd. Rest of the draft can be DE, CB and OL.

Last edited by MdDolfan on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:57 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
NFL Network's Albert Breer released a mock draft Tuesday for which he enlisted assistance from league executives, and he sent Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson to the Cleveland Browns at No. 6 overall.
Chances are Breer isn't nailing Patterson-to-Cleveland in mid-January for a draft that will take place in late April, but it's notable that he has Patterson so high. We've noticed other draft-analysis websites sleeping on Patterson a bit, but have him ranked in the top-ten underclassmen overall. Patterson is a candidate to have "rising stock" as the draft season progresses.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:59 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Good size and speed, but I dont like the neg on him. Seems mental, like his head and heart are not in it.
Coming from a CC to a SEC school for one season he should be playing every down like its a bowl game, even if the team was not that good.

Just my 2 cents...

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:07 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Very talented kid with a lot of upside. The positives out way the negatives, but I would not take him in the top 10, as he is not polished enough.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Raw talent.....just like our QB. I don't think our staff has the luxury of these kind of projects. The team has been rebuilding for a decade now, with the wild aberration of the 2008 Pennington season.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

ESPN Boston expects revamping their receiver corps to be an offseason "focus" for the Patriots.
Esteemed beat writer Mike Reiss believes the Pats may restock at receiver with a "double-layered plan between free agency and the draft." The Pats harvested free agent wideouts last offseason, but still ended up shorthanded, giving an unfortunate amount of snaps to vanishing veteran Deion Branch. The Pats have never used a first-round pick on a receiver during the Bill Belichick era, but Tennessee's Cordarrelle Patterson could be a target if Belichick decides to break his April mold. An ideally sized 6-foot-3, 205 pounds, Patterson boasts exceptional speed and hands to go along with his NFL-ready frame. However, it's unlikely Patterson is still available when the Patriots select at No. 29.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]