View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Dolphins think Lamar Miller can be better than Bush 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dolphins think Lamar Miller can be better than Bush
The Redskins went with 6th round pick Alfred Morris as the starting running back. I'd like to have Reggie back, but I don't think it's a necessity. Heck, if you're worried about 3rd down blocking, bring Ronnie Brown to finish his career in Miami. He'd be a good very good 3rd down back.

Quote:
The Dolphins think Lamar Miller can be better than Reggie Bush, whom they are not expected to re-sign this offseason.

Miller is bigger -- 5-foot-11 and 212 pounds -- and faster than Bush is, while he's also considerably cheaper. Miller seems to fit Joe Philbin's offense better, too, as a running back who hits the right hole at the right time. Bush was more of an innovator and creator out of the backfield. Miller averaged five yards-per-carry on 51 totes as a rookie.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50620837/ ... ayer_news/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:49 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Dolphins think Lamar Miller can be better than Bush
Omar Kelly has said something similar implying that Miami is comfortable with Miller, Thomas, Thigpen and Gray as their RBs going forward.

I still like the idea of bringing Bush back as a super utility guy, but it has to be at the right price.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I agree with you Jammer as I feel the same way, if it is meant to be, Bush will sign a lesser contract to remain a role player in Miami and if not, I wish him well.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:47 am
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

I'm excited to see a shifty, quick, decisive, powerful runner like Lamar Miller get more touches.

Those that had the pleasure of seeing him play for the Hurricanes know this guy can be special. And we saw glimpses of that this past season when he actually got a chance to touch the ball.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:13 am
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Rich wrote:
I'm excited to see a shifty, quick, decisive, powerful runner like Lamar Miller get more touches.

Those that had the pleasure of seeing him play for the Hurricanes know this guy can be special. And we saw glimpses of that this past season when he actually got a chance to touch the ball.

His running style is eerily similar to a post-retirement Ricky ('08 and '09).

I think Lamar is going to be an absolute stud.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I like Reggie and I think he was a good signing, but his days are over in Miami. Lamar will take his place next year. He did well in his first year, averaging 4.9 yards per carry off 51 carries + 0 fumbles. The real question is who will share the load with him. Daniel Thomas had a disappointing 2012, averaging only 3.6 yards per carry off 91 carries + 3 fumbles. I expect the Dolphins to bring in a veteran free agent. The Panthers are sure to let either DeAngelo Williams or Jonathan Stewart go, either is worth consideration.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:34 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:

I agree and it's time for him to step up and be the lead back. Reggie would just be taking away his touches. I love Reggie but that position is very expendable and we could put the money in other areas of need!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:55 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:

Definitely was great at the U. I certainly do not mind seeing him get the snaps this year.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We don't need to pay Bush $5M a season when we've got two perfectly capable runningbacks in Miller and Thomas. I'm perfectly fine letting those two carry the load next year.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:54 pm

wkloiber13 wrote:
We don't need to pay Bush $5M a season when we've got two perfectly capable runningbacks in Miller and Thomas. I'm perfectly fine letting those two carry the load next year.

Thomas is terrible. I'm willing to bet he doesn't make the roster next season.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:23 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Thomas is terrible. I'm willing to bet he doesn't make the roster next season.

I agree and hope the kid from Notre Dame takes his spot. What was Ireland thinking when he traded up to get him and DeMarco Murray was still on the board? I don't know why but I have faith this draft will be different maybe because Philbin and Ireland are hopefully on the same page unlike Sparano and Ireland. But I still get nervous that he doesn't maximize our 5 picks in the first 3 rounds!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:31 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Thomas is definitely in danger of getting cut. I too am hoping Jonas Gray steps up. I don't see us drafting a RB, but maybe a late pick or undrafted signing.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:36 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Maybe we could even work Thigpen into the rotation?? I still would like to see Bush as a Dolphin, but at a fair price.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]