View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Ted Ginn Jr. — doesn’t regret his three seasons in Miami 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Ted Ginn Jr. — doesn’t regret his three seasons in Miami
Quote:
By Ben Volin

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

“I still got my Dolphin sign,” he said Thursday at the Super Bowl, taking off his sweatshirt to reveal the tattoo of the Dolphins logo on his right forearm. “

Ginn said he’s OK with the “bust” label.

“It is what it is. If I’m a bust, I’m a good bust,” he said. “I don’t have no bad feelings toward Miami. When I was there, I had nothing but good times.”

“My first year I had eight quarterbacks,” he said. “I could never say I went into the ballgame with the same quarterback.”

Ginn, who has 2-year-old twins with his longtime girlfriend, still lives in Miramar in the off-season. He said he has no regrets about not making it big with the Dolphins.

“I don’t think it was my play, personally,” Ginn said of being traded. “I think it was a business move that they had to do, and hey, it will be like that sometimes. I got the best of the deal, though.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sport ... -sa/nWCRg/

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:17 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Ted Ginn Jr. — doesn’t regret his three seasons in Miami
AQNOR wrote:
“My first year I had eight quarterbacks,” he said. “I could never say I went into the ballgame with the same quarterback.”

Green, Lemon, Beck....Yup. That's 8.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I wish we'd kept him. It wasn't his fault he was drafted so high. I thought he had the talent to stick on the roster. He had the speed to stretch the defense and he was a good kick off return man. I never understood the Dolphins decision to let some players go that could have given us depth at certain positions.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:15 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree with you Dave. Ginn would have still been a very good 3rd-4th wide out to have on the team and also his ability on kick off and punt returns. He got a very bad wrap on teams that were already in disarray (besides the one flash in the pan season of 2008)

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:09 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I think he ran out of bounds to easy, and was undersized for anything more than open field running.

Quote:
2009 REVIEW

Ted Ginn Jr.
~ Ranked 76th in the league with 56.2 WR fantasy points (basic scoring system)
~ Tied for 149th in the league with 1 receiving touchdown
~ Ranked 94th in the league with 454 receiving yards
~ Ranked 117th in the league with 28.4 receiving yards per game
~ Tied for 107th in the league with 38 receptions
~ Ranked 75th in the league with 78 targets
~ Ranked 126th in the league with 3 receptions of 20+ yards
~ Tied for 88th in the league with 25 catches for first downs
~ Ranked 265th in the league with 44 yards after the catch (YAC)

Since joining SF he has not broken 300 yards receiving. It must have been a slow day for the media to even bother interviewing him. The waterboy contributed more to that team this year LMAO!!!

He is a FA, lets see how much love they give him in SF lol... We could get him back cheap if we wanted I would guess, I mean he played in 13 games in 2012, he had 2 receptions. He actually is competition for our 3rd WR
:embarrassed:

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:49 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
I wish we'd kept him. It wasn't his fault he was drafted so high. I thought he had the talent to stick on the roster. He had the speed to stretch the defense and he was a good kick off return man. I never understood the Dolphins decision to let some players go that could have given us depth at certain positions.

If he was a reliable deep threat and good 3rd receiver then the 49ers wouldn't have signed Manningham, Moss and drafted Jenkins so high. Not so sure Miami has been missing much.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:11 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

If he was a reliable deep threat and good 3rd receiver then the 49ers wouldn't have signed Manningham, Moss and drafted Jenkins so high. Not so sure Miami has been missing much.

I'm trying to see where I said he was a "reliable deep threat and good 3rd receiver". I don't see it.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:48 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
jammer wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

I'm trying to see where I said he was a "reliable deep threat and good 3rd receiver". I don't see it.

Easy there Big Sensi-Dave. Just a general comment, not a critique or implication toward you. :youwin:

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Well Ginn there goes the old saying that a great WR makes an average QB good.....

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
jammer wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

I did not see where you said he was a "reliable deep threat and good 3rd receiver" either BD.

It seems to be becoming, at least an occasional practice to quote someone's post and then write a comment that is not specific to the quotation. Not sure why? It does makes sense that if someone quoted your post and then wrote a comment afterward that there would be some connection.

Hmmm maybe if we tried it ourselves a few times ... . : )

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:53 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:

I did not see where you said he was a "reliable deep threat and good 3rd receiver" either BD.
\

I think Jammer is trying to pick a fight with ole Big Dave. LOL.

He does make a point. Ginn wasn't a reliable deep threat or 3rd receiver. I think we could have used him this past year though.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

BD he probably dont know that you stop run away trucks at work. lol

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:54 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
BD he probably dont know that you stop run away trucks at work. lol

I am a hero! I save lives.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

AQNOR wrote:

It seems to be becoming, at least an occasional practice to quote someone's post and then write a comment that is not specific to the quotation. Not sure why? It does makes sense that if someone quoted your post and then wrote a comment afterward that there would be some connection.

You're wrong about the furniture. Suede tends to stay warmer than leather.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:42 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

:)

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:45 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:

Thanks for pointing out my etiquette flaws.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:59 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

He was a bust. He needed to go. Too many clutch drops. And he avoided contact like the plague. He was the 9th overall pick in that year. This wasted pick is one of the key failures that have caused the Dolphins to be so thin on talent.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:10 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Drafting Ted Ginn at #8 overall in the first round, and getting rid of Wes Welker was one of the worst combination moves in the history of the Dolphins, and the main reason I dislike cam cameron much more than nick saban.
But once the damage was done, and he was a Dolphin, no need to ship him off to another team for nothing and compound it. Sure #8 overall in the first round is too much for a special teams guy, but the Dolphins haven't had a serious return threat since he left.

The game hasn't started yet, but I just can't handle the idea of Ted Ginn with a Superbowl ring and Dan Marino without one.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Funny that.

Your preference of wood houses over brick ones is .... weird. I mean who would not prefer a brick house just ask Lionel Richie.

Last edited by AQNOR on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:50 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

He might not regret his three seasons in Miami, but I'll bet he does regret not reaching the end zone on that last kickoff return last night.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:52 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ginn was a one man wrecking ball vs. The Jets....

I agree letting him go compounded a bad pick....We would have been better last year had we had him. Desmond Howard?

Always next year he is a free agent today....

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:11 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Can we bring back OJ Brigance while we're at it?

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]