All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:00 pm 
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Well the lights are out so I thought I would start a SB thread. Penalties & turnovers have doomed the Niners so far & the 3rd quarter kick off return was a killer. If Ravens go onto win I would be happy for Oher. However I know he is not playing lights out but I like Kaepernick more & more & he will have some rings during his tenure. I think he is the next QB to get that elite status.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:26 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

FINesse wrote:
Well the lights are out so I thought I would start a SB thread. Penalties & turnovers have doomed the Niners so far & the 3rd quarter kick off return was a killer. If Ravens go onto win I would be happy for Oher. However I know he is not playing lights out but I like Kaepernick more & more & he will have some rings during his tenure. I think he is the next QB to get that elite status.

I'm sure that's what Dan thought.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:33 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Looks like momentum is swinging.....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:51 pm 
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Turned out to be a pretty good game. Kaepernick I think is obviously the real deal & other than Tannehill of course , there is no other QB I would want. Not even Flacco who I think is a free agent & would love to play in Miami (my words not his but c'mon , who wouldn't want to play in Miami over Baltimore)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:10 pm 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

SF lost the game in the red zone 2 FGs. Baltimore TDs in the red zone. We have found out before how FGs instead of TDs will lose you a game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:03 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Getting rid of Cameron was the key to the Ravens victory.

Flacco is an elite QB. Haters keep on hating. He threw 11 TD's in the post season and no picks. There hasn't been a Miami QB since Marino even close to Flacco's abilities. Strong, physical QB with an accurate arm and poise in the pocket. He makes big plays consistently.

Kaepernick has tons of athletic ability, but next year the teams will have studied all the film. The Seahawks and Rams can handle him already. His defense helped him mightily tonight, but it was not enough.

Last edited by FrustratedFinFan on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:26 am 
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

has to be the strangest Super Bowl i've ever watched

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:36 am 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

It's funny to watch two brothers who are complete opposites...Jim is a nutcase and when a call doesn't go his way, he swings and sways his arms like a baby throwing a temper tantrum...while John is Mr. Cool lol. I'm glad Baltimore won.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:29 am 
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

swerve13 wrote:
has to be the strangest Super Bowl i've ever watched

Agreed , the power outage really killed the Ravens momentum. Had that been a team like the Patriots who were behind when that happened all the conspiracy stuff would be all over the place. The Niners defense let them down in the first half , prayers that Flacco threw on 3rd down were completed , when they had a play stopped for a loss on third down they seemed to let the runner get away for a first down & of course penalties. After the power outage , the power seemed to all go to the Niners & had they won there would those who would say the victory was tainted.
Still , I think we saw two QB's who will be talked about being the best of the best for some years to come.
Getting rid of Cameron at the time I thought he was a scapegoat but clearly the play calling much more suits Flacco now & the change at QB for the Niners was the right call as well. Two bold moves that paid off that will make these teams better for the years to come.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:41 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:

Getting rid of Cameron at the time I thought he was a scapegoat

Cameron was a HC here and deserved what he got. He wasn't a good HC. In fact he was awful.
That's not saying anything about him as an OC. Nor is it saying what he might do as a HC if he gets another opportunity in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:59 am 
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Just goes to show, people have been writing Flacco off for a couple of years now but the main reason the Ravens won the Superbowl is continuity. They found a coach and a QB and stuck with them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 am 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

It's not a conspiracy they cheated and got caught.....fined lost picks..

They cheated....The conspiracy is that the league gave them a slap on the wrist..

Pete Rose Sean Payton....did less and got more punishment.

The Patriots were beating teams with more talent...Now they lose to teams with less talent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:25 am 
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

degs wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Getting rid of Cameron at the time I thought he was a scapegoat

Cameron was a HC here and deserved what he got. He wasn't a good HC. In fact he was awful.
That's not saying anything about him as an OC. Nor is it saying what he might do as a HC if he gets another opportunity in the future.

Meant when Baltimore got rid of him , not us.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]