View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:04 am



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 If Taylor signs with the Jets 

Will Taylor retire as a Dolphin 1 day if he signs with NY?
1. yes, its just a business, he'll sign for one day anre retire as normal 44%  44%  [ 8 ]
2. No, signing with the Jets will ensure he never signs back with Miami. 56%  56%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 18

 If Taylor signs with the Jets 
Author Message
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5354
Post If Taylor signs with the Jets
:cry: my fathead will find the dumpster. I'm wondering if he'll ever retire as a Dolphin if he does


Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
Absolutely not.

He's JT, I realize that. Nobody hated the Jets more than him. He was the best pass rusher we ever had, and maybe the best player on the defensive side of the football that we ever had.

But to sign with the Jets would tarnish everything. He'd be the enemy, and I would never respect him again. And as Dave said in another thread, I would respect this FO a lot less as well.


Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3227
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
Gary, I don't know what to think because I did not think it would happen, but obviously it is close to being a done deal.

He is not getting more money than he could have gotten with Miami, but it looks like he wanted to continue to play and did not want to wait to see how things looked in Miami after the draft.

I thought he would have been a solid signing for 1 more year, as he was productive, more so than Joey even though Porter had more sacks. There is also plenty of sentiment on this board and more places for Miami to continue the youth movement.

Jason is probably not going to be a starter with the Jets, just a situational pass rusher. I don't understand why he would not have taken the same role in Miami.

Like I said, I don't know how to feel. Zach Thomas had a chance to sign with the Patriots and did not because he could not play against Miami. Jason left Miami once before and looks like he is willing to again with the Jets of all teams. I know it is business, but this is stunning to me.

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:57 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3070
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
After eating humble pie and coming back to the Dolphins the way he did last year JT, I think, deserves some love. I don't think that is Parcells style. Parcells has no special attachment to the Dolphins, their history or the legacy that will be left to the Dolphins when he is gone.

JT deserves to be in the ring of honor and might go into the HOF. Doing a little extra to keep him in Miami if it means stroking his ego etc... it should be done.

That JT can help the Phins next year even if only as a situational pass rusher seems to be clear IMO. Not much veteran presence at the OLB position and what better veteran than JT will Miami be able to pick up no matter who they draft.

If you don't want to sign him until after the draft for strategic purposes then hold his hand until then so he is not tempted by the likes of the jests.


Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4373
Location: Sunny South Florida
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
:cry: :cry: :cry:

this will just about write off the 2010 season for me, not takin JT back is telling me they either dont care about winning in 2010... Or they think they are fine at OLB, which would make me think they are down right stupid....


I dont blame JT 1 bit, the contract he gets could easily be given by the fins... 3 - 4 mil from what rumors are flying around.....

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
 Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
I know that its a bizz move if he goes to the jets but it will still hurt :cry: I am just gettin over him in Washington .

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:51 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8927
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
When he went to Washington he was traded and Washington wasn't a bitter rival in our division. If he goes to the Jets, a team he himself has admitted to despising, that would certainly leave a bad taste in my mouth both towards him and towards our front office. The class of this organization continues to plumit. The 70-80's are a very fricken long time ago, we need some change for the better here.


Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 463
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
God, you guys are like Packer fans.

Look, it's a business. He's openly stated he wants to be here but this team has said, as of now, it's not interested. He can still play the game. It doesn't appear there are teams banging down the door for him, but if one of those teams happens to be the Jets, good luck to him.

All this talk about loyalty is a bunch of B.S. The man gave everything he had to this organization for over a decade. He was paid extremely well for it. THAT'S THE BUSINESS!

Move on... and be thankful he helped us as much as he has over the years. Jets, Patriots, 49ers, whomever... he has the right, as a free agent, to sign with a team that really wants him. Good for him.


Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4373
Location: Sunny South Florida
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
MNDolfan wrote:
God, you guys are like Packer fans.

Look, it's a business. He's openly stated he wants to be here but this team has said, as of now, it's not interested. He can still play the game. It doesn't appear there are teams banging down the door for him, but if one of those teams happens to be the Jets, good luck to him.


Well....

Quote:
“He was courted by some other teams but it looks like New York is the spot,” the associate said. “He’s waiting for them to make it more enticing for him.”



It looks as tho other teams are interested..... And there is an initial offer on the table from Miami...
Figure if the Jest are willing to give him somewhere in the range of 3.4 mil, the Fins were alread offering around 1.5...

People say that Miami feels they will have the opportunity to counter offer.. Hopefuly this will end like the Clark interview we had, get the fans hopes all up, then go sign with the original team...


But, I hold nothing against JT.... Its Miami who is kicking him to the curb... There is no loyalty in this buisness, JT is just doing what Favre did... He is going to throw it in their faces by signing with a rival...

He isnt against us, as we all want him back....

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:26 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
Quote:
As far as I know Jason Taylor deal to the Jets is NOT "close to done." Reports saying it is close are simply NOT CORRECT.

http://www.twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero

Quote:
JASON TAYLOR A JET? SURELY YOU J-E-S-T!: Jason Taylor visits the Jets today and it is perfunctory. He will re-sign with Miami. He wants to stay here and the Dolphins, after the draft and before training camp, will agree to remarry. You may call your bookie professional wagering laision and bet the ranch on that.

http://blogs.herald.com/random_evidence ... z0kSNr9KBw


Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:21 am
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1006
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
AQNOR wrote:
After eating humble pie and coming back to the Dolphins the way he did last year JT, I think, deserves some love. I don't think that is Parcells style. Parcells has no special attachment to the Dolphins, their history or the legacy that will be left to the Dolphins when he is gone.

JT deserves to be in the ring of honor and might go into the HOF. Doing a little extra to keep him in Miami if it means stroking his ego etc... it should be done.

That JT can help the Phins next year even if only as a situational pass rusher seems to be clear IMO. Not much veteran presence at the OLB position and what better veteran than JT will Miami be able to pick up no matter who they draft.

If you don't want to sign him until after the draft for strategic purposes then hold his hand until then so he is not tempted by the likes of the jests.


I also think the key here is the Jason Ferguson signing. Why wasn't his status evaluated after the draft, like JT's "has" to be. You're telling me people were beating down the door for an injured 35 year old player who's already suspended for 8 games? What smart business practice was carried out in Fergusons's situation?

Jason Taylor I am sure was looking at that situation and asking, why was HE signed already and not me?

Add to the fact that the Dolphins are -1 at linebacker this offseason already.

It is all bizzare to me. This has been a very underwhelming offseason if you ask me.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:13 am
Profile
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20183
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
1984phins wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
After eating humble pie and coming back to the Dolphins the way he did last year JT, I think, deserves some love. I don't think that is Parcells style. Parcells has no special attachment to the Dolphins, their history or the legacy that will be left to the Dolphins when he is gone.

JT deserves to be in the ring of honor and might go into the HOF. Doing a little extra to keep him in Miami if it means stroking his ego etc... it should be done.

That JT can help the Phins next year even if only as a situational pass rusher seems to be clear IMO. Not much veteran presence at the OLB position and what better veteran than JT will Miami be able to pick up no matter who they draft.

If you don't want to sign him until after the draft for strategic purposes then hold his hand until then so he is not tempted by the likes of the jests.


I also think the key here is the Jason Ferguson signing. Why wasn't his status evaluated after the draft, like JT's "has" to be. You're telling me people were beating down the door for an injured 35 year old player who's already suspended for 8 games? What smart business practice was carried out in Fergusons's situation?

Jason Taylor I am sure was looking at that situation and asking, why was HE signed already and not me?

Add to the fact that the Dolphins are -1 at linebacker this offseason already.

It is all bizzare to me. This has been a very underwhelming offseason if you ask me.


How much did Ferguson resign for and how much does JT want?

People are acting as if money isn't a factor here.

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:48 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
Rich, I don't think it is a factor. I think it sits purely on BP's and Ireland's stubborness.

Right now, Ross would probably give up the mother load in order to bring back JT, and not let him go to the Jets. It would be a PR nightmare if they were to let him to to NY, and that is the last thing that Ross wants as he is all about the fans.

To me, there is no need to "re-assess" the situation after the draft. Miami is going to need JT either way. Right now, Cam Wake is not a 3-down, base 34 OLB, and especially not on the strong side. If you don't bring back JT, you are counting on a rookie on one side, with a guy not ready to play the position yet, on the strong side.

Not only that, but Miami has lost plenty of leaders over the last couple of years on this team. Holliday, Ayodele, Smiley if he is traded, Porter, Zach Thomas...

JT needs to be resigned.


Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:05 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
:cry: J-U-S-T saying would hate to see him go to a team he hates a team we hate I know its a bizz move but not to them at least let him go out with a winning team think the J-O-K-E-S had there little run last season this time they wont get that far :jests:

_________________
Image


Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:34 am
Posts: 66
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
The other issue to consider with respect to signing Ferguson and not JT (in addition to the $$ as Rich points out) is draft subterfuge. If you sign JT, other teams think you are less likely to pick up an OLB, if you don't, they think "hey OLB is an area of need" -- same goes for Ferguson.

I am not stating this IS the case, I am just saying I think it is a factor.

Another potential factor is that JT wants to get in to the media. There is no other market that rivals the opportunities to get in to movies like NY - aside from LA which doesn't have a team.


Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:14 am
Profile
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20183
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
Phins Rock wrote:
Rich, I don't think it is a factor.


You're wrong.

It is.

JT has some monetary demands the Dolphins are not willing to meet right now.

_________________
Image


Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:24 am
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Rich, I don't think it is a factor.


You're wrong.

It is.

JT has some monetary demands the Dolphins are not willing to meet right now.


Agreed. If things go a certain way during the draft.. I am sure they would be willing to be more flexible with JT. However, they have to practice sound business before anything. From what I understand, other teams have shown interest in JT. I don't get why he goes straight for the Jets. The team he has been trash talking since he got here.

If he signs with the Jets. I won't be a happy camper.

_________________
Image


Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:36 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8927
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Rich, I don't think it is a factor.


You're wrong.

It is.

JT has some monetary demands the Dolphins are not willing to meet right now.

Well considering Fergy isn't going to play half the season, the money probably isn't as big a deal. JT can only get 3mil+ with the Jets over two years. I don't think your going to get a proven player with his talent for less; and JT is available for the whole season (barring injury).


Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:52 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8927
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
I'm going to go way out there on the conspiracy ledge right here so take it with a grain of salt.
What if the Dolphins front office have told JT that they will resign him after the draft and that they will give him X amount of money. The deal is that JT has to at least pretend to look around and act as if he is a bona-fide free agent without any strings attaching him to Miami. This helps the front office with their 'draft subterfuge'.


Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: If Taylor signs with the Jets
Phin wrote:
I'm going to go way out there on the conspiracy ledge right here so take it with a grain of salt.
What if the Dolphins front office have told JT that they will resign him after the draft and that they will give him X amount of money. The deal is that JT has to at least pretend to look around and act as if he is a bona-fide free agent without any strings attaching him to Miami. This helps the front office with their 'draft subterfuge'.



Haha. Anything is possible. I know Sparano and JT are close.

_________________
Image


Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:27 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.