View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 Jason Taylor to JETS " Close to done" 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Jason Taylor to JETS " Close to done"
« Previous PostSource: Jason Taylor to Jets “close to done”
by: Mike Berardino April 9th, 2010 | 1:58 PM Nothing is official, but the rumors are flying that Jason Taylor has all but agreed to become a New York Jet.
A Taylor associate tells me the deal is “close to done” and that all that’s left to discuss is how much of the voluntary offseason program the 35-year-old linebacker will be allowed to skip.
“He was courted by some other teams but it looks like New York is the spot,” the associate said. “He’s waiting for them to make it more enticing for him.”
The deal would be for two years at $3.45 million, the maximum the Jets could pay him under the new rules for an uncapped NFL year.
However, agent Gary Wichard tells me there will be “nothing till next week” on Taylor’s 2010 home.
Wichard also shot down the rumor that had Taylor staying up in New York for a third straight day of a red-carpet recruiting visit. Wichard tells me Taylor is back home now.
It’s possible a deal has been reached in principle but the Taylor family wants to spend the weekend contemplating a career move they probably never could have imagined until now.
They also could be giving the Dolphins a little extra time to come to their senses and retain a co-captain and potential Hall of Famer who has immense respect within the locker room and among the fan base

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:59 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Re: Jason Taylor to JETS " Close to done"
IF JT goes to JET land...i m gonna puke and throw away all JT souviners in the trash! ARG!! this make me sick.. I don't understand what BP and staff are waiting for!! and i will not go JT HALL OF FAME in the future just cuz he went to suck JETS

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:02 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Wow. No.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:22 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm trying to be fair and impartial as he's being offered $3.4 million dollars where the Dolphins have offered him nothing. The Jets have gone out of the way to show him the respect that he's earned over the years ... the Dolphins have a "its going to be done our way" attitude. No flexibility.

Still, for me, it would tarnish the way I'd feel about him. I can't help that. It's more than a business to me. And my respect for this organization will drop as well.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

BP and staff better prove us fans that they made the right decision on letting go JT....I just dont understand why BP resign Ferg when he on 8 game suspension and tht crazy trouble OG fins just sign few weeks ago..and they're not gonna sign JT???? I lost respect for BP and Ireland...at least ZACH THOMAS is smart enough to turn down Patriots cuz he couldn't see himself in divison rivalry team .. and funny tht JT HATE the JET and thier fans??? hmm maybe JT is a HYPOCRITE ....as much of a FIns fans JT is ....it hard to become a JETS fans..i cant do it ..i just cant understand how he can do it

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:53 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Maybe he is going to sign with the Jets so he can help the Dolphins beat them from the inside?

But seriously...is this that big of a loss?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:00 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Big Dave wrote:
I'm trying to be fair and impartial as he's being offered $3.4 million dollars where the Dolphins have offered him nothing. The Jets have gone out of the way to show him the respect that he's earned over the years ... the Dolphins have a "its going to be done our way" attitude. No flexibility.

Still, for me, it would tarnish the way I'd feel about him. I can't help that. It's more than a business to me. And my respect for this organization will drop as well.

Really though? JT has had offers from other teams. He has said in the past how much he hates the Jets and the Jet fans. This is surreal really. If he goes to play for them.. I lose all respect for him. SIP are doing what they feel is right for the organization. But, they should still attempt to reach out.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'll believe it when it happens.
Until then, it's all speculation.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:20 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:

I'm kinda with you Dave in trying to be fair which leaves me torn here because lets not forget this is the guy that chose to dance on national tv rather then come to camp and try to impress a new coaching staff, something that would be expected of a captain and veteran like himself.
I feel he turned his back on the Skins too stating that it was to hard for him to play there and be away from his family so he comes back to Florida and works for peanuts to be home......Now this?....The Jets?.....OUCH!!
Last I checked NY is pretty close to D.C so the hypocricy comment might not that far off?.. Don't get me wrong JT was a hell of player for us! but if the organization wants to go in another direction then be it.. I forgave the Dolpins for sending Marino to the curb so I'm pretty sure I'll forgive them for this...I don't want JT to go especially to the jets but if he can stoop that low and not puke while walking into that stadium, then its water under the bridge to me

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:29 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

paydurt wrote:
I forgave the Dolpins for sending Marino to the curb

Dang, I haven't done that yet. I put it all on Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wannstedt.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

3.45M for JT and a 2-yr. deal seems cheap, especially the value he has in the locker room and on the field with his play.
If the Dolphins have NOT offered him a contract, then there is nothing wrong in the business sense of the NFL for him to sign such a contract with ANYONE. If someone is willing to give me 3M and someone else isn't, I'd run around the County Courthouse nekkid with a chicken mask on if that was the job description. I'd do the two days in the hoosegow and laugh all the way to the Riviera, but that's just me and I have very little shame.

ON THE OTHER HAND, he has publicly stated that he would never play for them, and we're talking about a team and a coach that ran their mouths about Miami last season to beat the band. We're also talking about an athlete THAT IS NOT POOR. He is NOT MIDDLE CLASS; UPPER MIDDLE CLASS OR ANY other label that classifies people making less than Millions a year (He doesn't need to make another dime in his lifetime to live beyond the dreams of avarice).

The vast majority of his fans ARE.

I have the Aqua 99 jersey and an 8x10 autographed Photo amongst the goodies of my Phins shrine. I will not burn them, will not harm them, but they will remain 'down-out of commission' until he no longer wears gangrene's stain. I will then happily display them again since he was/is a great player for us once they have been thus cleansed of the bile-encrusted taint of being a Jet.

This of course is meaningless if he doesn't soil himself by becoming a Rappin' Rexy lackey.

Didn't we just sign Crowder to an extension? The rate was something like 4M? I'd give JT 4M, even though one's ILB and the other's OLB...I'd risk that just on past performance (not to mention more opportunities <ie.,snaps> at WILB.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

A one year contract for 80 bajillion dollars wouldn't do Miami any harm in the future since there is no cap in place.

If not for your own team's success, for godsake sign him for the team's fan base....afterall, we pay their salaries with memorabilia and tickets.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

[q
uote="Big Dave"]
paydurt wrote:

Dang, I haven't done that yet. I put it all on Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wannstedt.[/quote]
Thanks Dave!!.. Just to clarify,I forgave the organization but never will I ever forgive Wanny... NEVER!!..
I'm sure I'll even have a blurb about my feelings on this attached to my tombstone..

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
paydurt wrote:

Dang, I haven't done that yet. I put it all on Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wannstedt.

May the haters throw stuff at me, but 12 TDs and 17 picks his final year (including something like 8 returned for TD's), including a benching in his final game ever didn't really warrant a comeback.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Iowafin wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
paydurt wrote:

May the haters throw stuff at me, but 12 TDs and 17 picks his final year (including something like 8 returned for TD's), including a benching in his final game ever didn't really warrant a comeback.

Concerning Marino you might want to take the stance if you cant say something good about him .... there could be a number of ways to end that thought.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:40 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Iowafin wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
paydurt wrote:

The only thing Dave is gonna throw at you for that one is a permanent ban. ;-)

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:48 pm

This organization basically fired Shula as well.. You can chalk that up to JJ also , made me sick to watch him lobby for Shulas job while on FOX. Point is we get over it & we will get over this as well & be behind JT when he gets put up in the ring of honor. Obviously the guy can still play & needs to make as much $$ as he can ... Hollywood never came calling as he had hoped.
We got behind JT when called out Ricky as a quitter & got behind Ricky when he returned , got suspended & returned again.

I agree however with Iowa ... until its official its still speculation.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If JT does indeed sign with the Jets, he will no longer be a Dolphin. Ever. No retiring his jersey, unless to not infect others. No Dolphins Ring of Fame. Nada. He will indeed be a traitor and should receive nothing but scorn from all Dolphans forever more.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
paydurt wrote:

I just always believed that Marino earned the right to end his career the way HE wanted that's all..

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:36 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

It's not like Jason has not left Miami before. He wanted out of Miami when Parcells took over because he did not want to go thru a rebuilding process again and wanted to go to a contender. The whole Dancing with the Stars thing and not wanting to show up for off season workout and the eventual trade soured me a little bit.

This would be a stunning move by Taylor, but it not like he not been willing to bolt before. I will always be a Zach Taylor fan because even when Zach had a chance to join the Patriots, he did not.

Also, like some have said, until it is a done deal I will treat it as speculation.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If the Dolphins don't want him anymore and the Jets are willing to pay him, how can you blame JT for wanting to continue to play football? I think the Dolphins are making a big mistake by not signing him for depth at OLB. But its not my $ and I don't have a say in the decision making. This type of situation is one of the harsh realities of professional sports.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

This is terrible, but I blame the 'Phins more than JT.

Last time Jason left he was undecided, his mind was clouded, and he would rather be dancing. Well, obviously, Washington didn't work out and he came back and continued to have two great years with us. Now, why the hell would we NOT resign Jason Taylor? We can use him the same way the Jets are going to, he should retire a Dolphin, and we should accomodate to one of our better defensive players and THE team leader in the locker room and on the field.

It aboslutely befuddles me why the Trifecta are acting like snobs and beating around the bush with JT. Pretty disgraceful if you ask me.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

However if this is coming from his agent and not anyone from NY, it could just be a bluff to grab more interested from our FO.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:04 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Id like to see the Phins pay him but the phins made it to the playoffs when he left the first time. Some people never learn

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:04 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Iowafin wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
paydurt wrote:

I've thought about this a lot over the years. I see your point to an extent. However, two of Miami's losses that year (both home to the JEts and Colts) Marino played well enough to win, but the defense failed big time. Miami could have been an 11-5 team going into the playoffs, instead of 9-7. Marino's final win was a 4th quarter comeback on the road.

Many of the INT came after Marino's injury. He would have been healthier in 2000. The stubborn JJ attitude of running the ball when we had no running game made Marino force more throws that he normally did.

Miami went 11-5 the following year, with Jay Fiedler. They had Lamar Smith churning out over a 1,000 yards. Could Marino have given them 1 more win that year? I think so. 12-4 would have meant a first round bye. The Super Bowl winner that year was the Ravens, a team Miami beat easily at home that year. I would have like to have seen how such a scenario would have played out.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:32 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iowafin wrote:
I'll believe it when it happens.
Until then, it's all speculation.

Thanks Iowafin, I'm trying my darndest to be patient.
Stuff gets so confusing and there's so many out right lies, innuendos and speculation, it's hard to believe anything anymore.
I want him here tho'. I'll never hate on JT but I would never, never pull for a jests win over anyone.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:38 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
paydurt wrote:

Me either Dave. JJ and wanny are just low to me. It was always about jj, not the team, and wanny just didn't have a clue...

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:40 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iowafin wrote:
A one year contract for 80 bajillion dollars wouldn't do Miami any harm in the future since there is no cap in place.

If not for your own team's success, for godsake sign him for the team's fan base....afterall, we pay their salaries with memorabilia and tickets.

:bravo2:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]