View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Thanks draft gurus 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Thanks draft gurus
Seriously, a big shout out to PR, Swerve, and anyone else with knowledge of these players coming out. I read about the guys here and then go research youtube ETC. It's a huge help. :awe:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Thanks draft gurus
Yeah much thanks. I don't watch college football so it's good to get some names here and then go research them.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:46 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8939233

I consider myself a bit of a draft nerd so for you guys who don't watch college football this may help....

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8939233

let me know if it doesn't play!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:56 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Not sure why you mentioned me and swerve, but left out Phinsfansc...He's the resident "guru" and I have learned to not argue with him too much....Please don't give them examples, Tony;) Haha.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:02 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Not sure why you mentioned me and swerve, but left out Phinsfansc...He's the resident "guru" and I have learned to not argue with him too much....Please don't give them examples, Tony;) Haha.

That's why I said adn "anybody else I missed". Yes Phinsfansc is the da man regarding the draft.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Thanks for the kind words. With that said, we have a good bit of posters on the boards that enjoy the process as much as I do and have an eye for talent.

We all are wrong on guys sometimes and dead on for others guys. It is definitely not an exact science.

Long way to go and I am quite sure all of us will agree on some guys and get into disputes on other guys like me and swerve are now on Ensah and Vacarro. Hahaha, funny JP, but I know how much you enjoy this and I love reading your blogs on the draft.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
Seriously, a big shout out to PR, Swerve, and anyone else with knowledge of these players coming out. I read about the guys here and then go research youtube ETC. It's a huge help. :awe:

Thanks Big Mak, it's my pleasure to spill out all the useless draft knowledge I have stored in my brain for my fellow Fin Fans. LOL.

I've always been a big nerd when it comes to the NFL draft. I know Tony is the same way.
Tony and PR are really interesting to listen to about prospects. Both have alot of college football knowledge. Let's start our own draft site guys. LOL

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:53 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

well in my latest Mock Tony I have our Dolphins taking Zeke Ansah again for 2 reasons. Ireland seems commited to Clemons now at safety and I also have Vaccaro being drafted by the Jets before we pick.

Here's a sampling:

1. Chiefs - Geno Smith - QB
2. Jags - Damontre Moore - DE
3. Raiders - Star Lotuleli - DT
4. Eagles - Luke Joeckel - OT
5. Lions - Bjoern Werner - DE
6. Browns - Mike Glennon - QB
7. Cards - Eric Fisher - OT
8. Bills - Ryan Nassib - QB
9. Jets - Kenny Vaccaro - S
10. Titans - Dee Milliner - CB
11. Chargers - Lane Johnson - OT
12. Dolphins - Ezekial Ansah - DE

I know that Kiper and all the other draftniks are saying they don't have any QB's rated high in this draft but i still believe a handful of them will be overdrafted because that's the nature of the league. And if Locker and Ponder can go in the top 10 then so can Smith, Barkley, Glennon or Nassib. That pack of teams from 6 to 9 all need upgrades at quarterback. Thats the wildcard range in round 1. Those 4 teams.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:04 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
well in my latest Mock Tony I have our Dolphins taking Zeke Ansah again for 2 reasons. Ireland seems commited to Clemons now at safety and I also have Vaccaro being drafted by the Jets before we pick.

Here's a sampling:

1. Chiefs - Geno Smith - QB
2. Jags - Damontre Moore - DE
3. Raiders - Star Lotuleli - DT
4. Eagles - Luke Joeckel - OT
5. Lions - Bjoern Werner - DE
6. Browns - Mike Glennon - QB
7. Cards - Eric Fisher - OT
8. Bills - Ryan Nassib - QB
9. Jets - Kenny Vaccaro - S
10. Titans - Dee Milliner - CB
11. Chargers - Lane Johnson - OT
12. Dolphins - Ezekial Ansah - DE

I know that Kiper and all the other draftniks are saying they don't have any QB's rated high in this draft but i still believe a handful of them will be overdrafted because that's the nature of the league. And if Locker and Ponder can go in the top 10 then so can Smith, Barkley, Glennon or Nassib. That pack of teams from 6 to 9 all need upgrades at quarterback. Thats the wildcard range in round 1. Those 4 teams.

That Browns pick is pretty interesting, but any time you have a new coaching staff in place, they may want to move on if they don't like what they see with Brandon Weedon.

I think if the Dolphins don't address pass rusher in FA, then Ansah makes a lot of sense. No CB is worth picking this high with Millner probably off the board, and the only other player I could see coming in to play is the Patterson kid.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Yup. I had Cleveland taking Jarvis Jones or Dee Milliner before I read this yesterday.

Quote:
According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the new Browns regime "badly" wants to upgrade on Brandon Weeden.
It's no secret that new VP of Player Personnel Mike Lombardi isn't a Weeden supporter, and also worth noting that La Canfora and Lombardi were tight at NFL Network as tag-team reporters. So La Canfora's information here is probably solid. Weeden is well aware he'll face a challenge for his starting job in 2013 training camp. The challenger will likely be acquired via trade or the draft. Feb 11 - 4:03 PM

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If I had to narrow it down to a small pool of likely players the Dolphins would take at 12,
the best bets are:

K. Vaccaro
D. Milliner
Lane Johnson
Zeke Ansah
Cordarelle Patterson
and maybe Dion Jordan (if he's deemed a fit)

Dolphins would be salivating if either Moore or Werner were to slip down to #12

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:49 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

swerve13 wrote:
If I had to narrow it down to a small pool of likely players the Dolphins would take at 12,
the best bets are:

K. Vaccaro
D. Milliner
Lane Johnson
Zeke Ansah
Cordarelle Patterson

If Jarvis Jones fell you don't think we'll take him? His game is similar to Von Miller from Denver!

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:35 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

If Jarvis Jones fell you don't think we'll take him? His game is similar to Von Miller from Denver!

No LBs in the 1st rd....IMO

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Makchell wrote:

He'd be a pass rusher. Might have to stand him up occasionally like Denver does with Von, but on 3rd down he's going after the QB from the edge.

I'd be shocked if Jones fell out of the top 10, swerve.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:05 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
Makchell wrote:

He'd be a pass rusher. Might have to stand him up occasionally like Denver does with Von, but on 3rd down he's going after the QB from the edge.

I'd be shocked if Jones fell out of the top 10, swerve.

I would be to, but I just saw a mock draft today on the NFL Network with Bjoern Werner going 15th.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
the best bets are:

K. Vaccaro
D. Milliner
Lane Johnson
Zeke Ansah
Cordarelle Patterson

I don't view him as a defensive end and experts now seem to think he's going to freefall some because of a Spinal Stenosis condition. I guess you never know. I think he either goes in the top 5 or slips all the way to the Saints.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:52 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

That the thing about the draft. Every little negative thing there could be about a kid is going to come out the next few months. From physical to personal mishaps, it all going to come out and get BLOWN UP.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

this is one of the toughest drafts to predict in recent years. Especially the quarterbacks are hard to pin down. And lots of boom or bust athletes too. Still a long way to go. The combine will be important.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]