View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 I think I may be changing my pick to Cordarelle Patterson 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post I think I may be changing my pick to Cordarelle Patterson
during the past month there hasn't been a player more highly praised among draft analysts.
I'm now sold that Patterson is well worth the 12th overall pick and I think it could become the easy pick for Ireland after we sign a top fre agent receiver. This guy is a wizard in the open field. He could do wonders for Ryan Tannehill's career.

Here is what my favorite guy Mike Mayock saw when he watched Patterson

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped" after studying Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson on tape.
"The one kid I'm really interested in seeing run (at the Combine) is the Patterson kid from Tennessee," said Mayock. "You heard me say earlier I haven't seen any really explosive difference makers (in this draft); This kid's only played one year of Division-I football. And I put the tape on, my draw dropped. And he's big. ... He's 6-foot-3, 200-plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. All I know is his ceiling could be really exciting because he's so darn raw. And I can't wait to see him run."
Quote:

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: I think I may be changing my pick to Cordarelle Patterson
If he's there when we pick it will be interesting to see what we do. While I'm skeptical of this kid because you don't see much production from him. I can see the physical skillset guys like Mayock are talking about. Personally, I like Keenan Allen more than Patterson. But they're both good.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Do you think Miami should use this first round pick on a WR if they resign Hartline and then sign either Wallace or Bowe? I don't. I guess this will all unfold over the next two months.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:45 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

bobby0112 wrote:
Do you think Miami should use this first round pick on a WR if they resign Hartline and then sign either Wallace or Bowe? I don't. I guess this will all unfold over the next two months.

I guess it depends on what they are looking for. I would not rule it out, figure Wallce and we would still like to see a bigger red zone target added. If its Bowe then we still lack speed.

All I know is with each addition it only strengthens the group as it will draw cover in different areas and allow people to be single covered.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I still say sign Wallace and draft a DE.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I have been debating swapping our 1st and trading a 3rd with a team like the Brown's and snagging Dee Milliner. I am not a fan of Sean Smith eating up our cap space this off season, and believe if they would accept a 3rd and a swap of 1sts, I'd jump all over it.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped" after studying Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson on tape.
"The one kid I'm really interested in seeing run (at the Combine) is the Patterson kid from Tennessee," said Mayock. "You heard me say earlier I haven't seen any really explosive difference makers (in this draft); This kid's only played one year of Division-I football. And I put the tape on, my draw dropped. And he's big. ... He's 6-foot-3, 200-plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. All I know is his ceiling could be really exciting because he's so darn raw. And I can't wait to see him run."
Quote:

While I completely respect Mayock more than any other draft analyst. He loved Pat White. At this moment I do not see Miami drafting a Wr in Rd. 1. I'm hoping Hunter falls to the 2nd Rd.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I really don't want to draft a corner at 12. I'd rather sign one or even 2 corners and use picks in rounds 2 and 3.

I'd be happy with a scenario like signing Cary Williams(Ravens) and drafting Blidi Wreh-Wilson in round 2 and Jamar Taylor in round 3. Then you've got a nice talented young secondary to play with.

Use our top pick for a receiver or a pass rusher.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:02 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE

this guy is like a 6'3" version of Barry Sanders

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:21 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

My money is on Miami signing WRs in FA and grabbing another in the late 2nd round, maybe early 3rd. They need immediate returns, not gambling on a developing guy being the number 1 target.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:55 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

If we want playmakers we grab Patterson. That kid is legit!

6'3 and not only is he pulling the ball down as a receiver, he's lining up as a RB, returning kicks, and straight up making plays.

Unreal burst speed too... kid goes from jogging to lightning in a half second.

Would love to see Miami bring him in and let him loose.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:34 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

IamPZ wrote:

6'3 and not only is he pulling the ball down as a receiver, he's lining up as a RB, returning kicks, and straight up making plays.

Is he at that level where he could make an imidiate impact?

I think my main concern with round one is finding that type of player at a position we need like WR or TE.
I would love to land a big WR like Patterson, and add a speedster like Wallace. I feel it would really open up our passing game, and we would see guys like Bess, Fasano and Hartline (if they return) being singled in the red zone.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 am

10acjed wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

I think my main concern with round one is finding that type of player at a position we need like WR or TE.
I would love to land a big WR like Patterson, and add a speedster like Wallace. I feel it would really open up our passing game, and we would see guys like Bess, Fasano and Hartline (if they return) being singled in the red zone.

He's got the physical tools to make an immediate impact but from what I understand doesn't have much football under his belt.

Even so, if you watch that vid that swerve posted, seems he has amazing vision for someone so raw.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:42 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think it could be smart to draft a WR in the first round even if Hartline is resigned and we sign Wallace/Bowe/Jennings. Look at the strides Matty Ice and Joe "armpunt" Flacco made when their teams made great efforts to land them multiple big-play WRs. Hartline, Wallace/Jennings/Bowe, Patterson/Allen, and Bess would be a nightmare for opposing defenses and would give Tannehill one of the easiest jobs in the NFL. Kind of like stacking DEs, it becomes a situation where even though you give up strength at another position it could put your team over the edge in production. Plus, if Jennings drops production after getting paid, Wallace gets hurt again, Patterson/Allen busts, etc., we're not screwed.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:01 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Just my opinion.
But Patterson, Wallace, Hartline, Bess sound like a nice mix...
You add size and speed, then still have the possesion guys that have the timings and playbook down and chemistry with RT... We also still have Binns and Matthews who both seemed to be making some progress by the end of the year...

Add in a FA TE like Keller and I would be real excited to see it unfold on the field....

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

IamPZ wrote:

I don't have any issue with getting Patterson, but if you draft him at 12 then you best have other major areas (OT, DE, CB, reliable WR) covered through free agency.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

I agree with that. We'd be keeping up with the Patriots on the scoreboard.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
Just my opinion.
But Patterson, Wallace, Hartline, Bess sound like a nice mix...
You add size and speed, then still have the possesion guys that have the timings and playbook down and chemistry with RT... We also still have Binns and Matthews who both seemed to be making some progress by the end of the year...

Add in a FA TE like Keller and I would be real excited to see it unfold on the field....

I like all of that except the Keller move, Draft Gavin Escobar instead. A tall, fast seamkiller.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

I don't have any issue with getting Patterson, but if you draft him at 12 then you best have other major areas (OT, DE, CB, reliable WR) covered through free agency.

we still have plenty of high picks after 12 and we'll undoubtedly sign 2 starters with all of our money.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I think a lot of how Miami will draft will depend on what they do in Free Agency.

If the Dolphins don't bring Jake Long back, do they feel comfortable with Jonathan Martin at OLT? He would worry me.

Do the Dolphins put the franchise tag on Sean Smith, or let him walk? Personally, I would let Smith walk. I know 6'3 CB with talent are hard to find, but Smith has played no where near the the talent level he potentially can reach.

Do the Dolphins look to sign a free agent DE/OLB? There are some talented ones out there. DE Michael Bennett of Tampa Bay, DE Cliff Avril of Detroit, DE Michael Johnson of CIN, DE/OLB Anthony Spencer of Dallas and DE/OLB Paul Krueger of Baltimore.

It's a given that the Dolphins will look to take a run and one of the top WR in free agency, with Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace being at the top of that list.

Many questions will have to be answered.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:35 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

swerve13 wrote:

I like all of that except the Keller move, Draft Gavin Escobar instead. A tall, fast seamkiller.

Yeah I should have elaborated a little more, I see Keller as an upgrade to Fasano, and both are FA's so if you can pick one or the other realistically and still draft exactly the same why not just pay a little more and upgrade the position completely...
But it would depend on what kind of money he would be seeking...

Then take Egnew out back and shoot him... LOL

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
My money is on Miami signing WRs in FA and grabbing another in the late 2nd round, maybe early 3rd. They need immediate returns, not gambling on a developing guy being the number 1 target.

:yay: This is exactly what I hope Miami does. Especially with all the other needs that must be addressed. And especially if they resign Hartline. That would leave a 1st,2nd and two 3rd round picks to address CB, Pass rusher, OT and TE. A scenario like this plugs a lot of holes as long as those players can contribute.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]