View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Examining AFC East strength of schedules 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Examining AFC East strength of schedules
ESPN wrote:
Examining AFC East strength of schedules

The strength of schedule ratings are out for 2013, and (surprise!) the New England Patriots no longer have the easiest schedule.

For two straight years, the Patriots had the easiest strength of schedule in the AFC East and one of the easiest in the NFL. In 2013, New England has the 14th-toughest schedule in the league.

Here are the complete strength of schedule ratings next season for the AFC East:

* No. 8: Miami Dolphins (.520 winning percentage)
* No. 14: New England Patriots (.508 winning percentage)
* No. 19: New York Jets (.496 winning percentage)
* No. 26: Buffalo Bills (.473 winning percentage)

What stands out most is that Miami has the eighth-toughest schedule next season. The Dolphins were 7-9 in 2012 and will be expected to make a jump in the second year under head coach Joe Philbin and quarterback Ryan Tannehill. However, a brutal slate for Miami that includes games against the Atlanta Falcons, Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals, the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens and two against the Patriots could make it tough for the Dolphins to make a playoff push.

The Dolphins have plenty of resources via the draft and free agency this offseason to build a stronger team. They definitely will need it to survive a tough upcoming slate.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -schedules

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:38 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Examining AFC East strength of schedules
Why does this not surprise me? Every year it seems the Dolphins get a top 10 toughest schedule and the Pats get a giant cream puff of a schedule.. So the Pats actually have some competition this year? Wow.. The Phins are still 8th which I suppose is better than appearing good against bad competition

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:02 am
Profile YIM WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Pats regularly have a top record and they play against the crap that is the rest of the AFC East. Of course they have an easy schedule. There just aren't that many wins to go around

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:23 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Hard to have a tough schedule when the rest of your Div is a joke... Pats get 6 games against -500 teams....

We can fix that by winning more games

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:11 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

10acjed wrote:
Hard to have a tough schedule when the rest of your Div is a joke... Pats get 6 games against -500 teams....

We can fix that by winning more games

That is exactly right & why I keep saying between us , the Jets & Bills it speaks volumes how crappy these organizations have been for nobody to really step up with any consistency for all these years.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Since 2001, the Pats have won the AFC East the 10 out of the past 12 years. Even prior to the salary cap, no NFL team has dominated their division like the NE.

I guess the only silver lining is the Dolphins were pretty dominating in the 70's and 80's and look where we are now.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:27 am

Yeah, when I talk football with my friends and they get on my case about how much the Dolphins suck , it is so great to bring up the 1970's. When I throw 30 years ago in their faces it really puts them in their place.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

My point was all good things will eventually come to an end, whether it's the Pats of the 2000's, the Cowboys of the 90's, 49ers of the 80's or the Steelers / Dolphins of the 70's. Hopefully, like the Steelers and 49ers we'll have another cycle of good fortune and the Pats will have several down years.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

shularino wrote:
Since 2001, the Pats have won the AFC East the 10 out of the past 12 years. Even prior to the salary cap, no NFL team has dominated their division like the NE.

I guess the only silver lining is the Dolphins were pretty dominating in the 70's and 80's and look where we are now.

2001 is the year Brady took over for Bledsoe.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]