View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Browns Norv Turner a 'big fan' of QB Matt Moore 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Browns Norv Turner a 'big fan' of QB Matt Moore
I think most of us believe Matt Moore will be gone, and a lot of us wish him well as he gets that starting position that he desires.

Quote:
Norv Turner a 'big fan' of QB Matt Moore

BARRY JACKSON (Miami Herald) : "Several Dolphins people, including Ryan Tannehill, have reached out to Matt Moore, hoping he will re-sign. Keep in mind that Cleveland offensive coordinator Norv Turner is a big fan of Moore, who will test free agency to see if there's a starting job available in a situation that's appealing to him. But he hasn't ruled out coming back to Miami. Kyle Orton earns - on average - $3.5 million per year to back up Tony Romo in Dallas, so quality backup quarterbacks like Moore aren't cheap. "
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... atter.html

NBC SPORTS: "Turner has never coached Moore, but Norv's Chargers were believed to be among the teams interested in Moore just after the 2011 NFL lockout. Instead of backing up Philip Rivers, Moore signed a two-year deal with the Dolphins for a better chance to start. The Dolphins want Moore back to hold the clipboard for Ryan Tannehill, but the Browns could offer a chance for legitimate playing time."
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50840992/ ... ayer_news/

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Browns Norv Turner a 'big fan' of QB Matt Moore
Would be strange to hire a new HC that doesnt want to work with your 1st round rookie QB... But hey it is Cleveland..

Norv is an OC now, so liking players is all well and good. But I doubt he has much say in what players he has to work with.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

How ironic if he ended up there considering I liked Weeden.

I'm not sure I see Matt going to Cleveland though, considering the Browns still need to find out what they have with Weeden .... it would be like Miami v2.0

Norv Turner's passing offense is extremely well suited for Moore's strengths though.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think Matt Moore should make an effort to get over to Arizona. Combining Moore with that receiving corps makes a lot of sense. It might even make Arizona competitive in what is turning into the best division in the NFL.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I think Matt Moore should make an effort to get over to Arizona. Combining Moore with that receiving corps makes a lot of sense. It might even make Arizona competitive in what is turning into the best division in the NFL.

I'm hoping for it. I'd actually start going to Cardinals games if it does.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yep....I might be willing to make a trip to see that. US Airways flights to Phoenix were pretty affordable. Well, that was pre-merger with American, but maybe it will stay that way. Moore is great with the deep ball. I can see him and Fitzgerald working very, very well together.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:34 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I need to forward this to Stephen Ross, seems fans will fill the seats for Matt Moore

LMAO :fart:

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

All Moore ever did for Miami was win. They rewarded him with an "open" competition to win the starting job. Better to have groomed Tannehill and worked a very raw QB into the game. I am pretty sure Moore would have managed more than 12 TD tosses in 2012. Tannehill might yet be a great one, but Moore got shafted. I would love to see him in Arizona as a starter.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

WOW. The right guy started. Period. Tannehill outperformed Moore in the offseason. AND in the preseason. Let it go.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:15 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

I'm hoping for it. I'd actually start going to Cardinals games if it does.

I'm hoping he ends up there. It would be a good situation for him and he deserves a chance to see if he can thrive somewhere. Only problem is I could see Arizona making Kolb restructure while drafting a guy at the top of the 2nd round.

Unless I was guaranteed the starting job I wouldn't want to go to Cleveland if I were Moore.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:42 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

hypocritex wrote:
WOW. The right guy started. Period. Tannehill outperformed Moore in the offseason. AND in the preseason. Let it go.

Poor guy got paid a few million to back up our rookie... What a shame...

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:47 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Poor guy got paid a few million to back up our rookie... What a shame...

The debate will never end. Some will argue Moore as the vet could have performed better while others will put to weak competition in 2011 and the Brandon Marshall target as making Moore look better than he really is.

I advocated giving him a shot with a full offseason but in hindsight am happy that we got to see that Tannehill can handle the game sooner rather than later.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I hope Matt Moore does get a chance to start for a team. With that being said, I would love to see him back in Miami.

Quality backup QB are ESSENTIAL.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:45 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
All Moore ever did for Miami was win. They rewarded him with an "open" competition to win the starting job. Better to have groomed Tannehill and worked a very raw QB into the game. I am pretty sure Moore would have managed more than 12 TD tosses in 2012. Tannehill might yet be a great one, but Moore got shafted. I would love to see him in Arizona as a starter.

He finished .500 and of those 6 teams that he beat none finished with a winning record. How does that constitute as 'all he did for Miami was win?'

I'm not hating on Matt Moore here either because I really like him and I admire the professionalism and the team first attitude that he has shown here but to say that all he has done here is win is a pretty bold statement

The reality is that RT was drafted to be the starting QB for years to come and the coaching staff chose trial by fire for him unfortunately that came at the expense of Matt Moore.. End of story

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Cleveland would be a bad fit for Moore, he'd be in the same situation in Cleveland as he is right now in Miami, sitting behind a younger quarterback. Honestly, I hope Miami offers Moore a nice backup deal similar to what Orton is making in Dallas. I'd be 100% fine with the Dolphins offering Moore a 3 year $12M deal. The guy has earned it.

But honestly, I've been suspecting for a while that Moore will leave Miami for somewhere with a chance to start, and I still think that will happen. The guy thinks he has the stuff to be a starter long term in the NFL, and I don't fault him one bit for following his dreams.

If I had to guess Miami's quarterback situation going into next season I think it will look something like this:
1 - Tannehill
2 - Flynn
3 - Devlin
I think the Seahawks are going to release Flynn to free up cap space and Ireland/Philbin will jump to get him this go around.

Moore is a great backup and I'd love to see us keep him, even if we have to pay a premium backup price, but I understand if the guy goes.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

I am a huge Moore fan. I hope Moore finds a starting job somewhere. He was classy about everything that occurred. But Tannehill is the future in Miami. Tannehill threw 12 TD's in 2012. But he also started 16 games and finished the last 4 games by throwing 5 TD's and 1 interception. Tannehill got a lot of experience during a throw away season. If Tannehill takes the next step and continues to progress, it will be largely due to the experience gained last year. Then you can thank Philbin for getting him the experience in 2012 instead of this year.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]