View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 FSU might have two steals at defensive end 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post FSU might have two steals at defensive end
Florida State had 3 excellent pass rushers on their roster and 2 of them suffered season ending injuries, making it more likely they become mid draft steals at a very important position.

Quote:
According to the National Football Post's Russ Lande, "rumors persist" that Florida State DE Cornelius "Tank" Carradine (ACL surgery) will be able to work out for NFL teams ahead of April's draft.
Many evaluators believe Carradine's game tape is superior to Seminoles teammate Bjoern Werner's. Werner is a projected top-ten pick. Per Lande, Carradine may be able to work out "at close to 100 percent," although he's still just three months removed from tearing his right ACL against Florida in late November. The injury could still make Carradine a steal in this year's draft.

Quote:
Brandon Jenkins has that same capability with his overall athleticism, great instincts, and foot quickness to make an impact for several teams. His draft stock may have fallen some because of the injuries, but he has first round talent. If he is selected later than that he could be a virtual steal for a team who is in need of an edge rusher. He has the athleticism to play the 4-3 defense rush end or the 3-4 defense outside rush linebacker positions.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:44 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: FSU might have two steals at defensive end
Its a DE conditioning camp... LOL They had a great D-line because of these guys

I like Werner, but we wont see him... Caradine would have been a 1st rounder too..

Problem is ACL is usually a 8 - 12 month recovery, so he may be ready for camp, or he may be ready in Nov...
Have to see where he is now, I doubt he is doing anything more than showing teams where he is in his rehab. Cant see a 260 pound man running around a lot 3 months after a ACL surgery...

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

10acjed wrote:
Its a DE conditioning camp... LOL They had a great D-line because of these guys

I like Werner, but we wont see him... Caradine would have been a 1st rounder too..

Problem is ACL is usually a 8 - 12 month recovery, so he may be ready for camp, or he may be ready in Nov...
Have to see where he is now, I doubt he is doing anything more than showing teams where he is in his rehab. Cant see a 260 pound man running around a lot 3 months after a ACL surgery...

Werner will probably be gone by the fifth pick. Forget about him. I think Carradine and Jenkins can be had in the second or third round. If one of them are still available, jump on them. This team needs a pass rushing threat to play opposite Cam Wake. In today's league, a pass rushing threat has much greater value than a lockdown corner.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Quote:
Brandon Jenkins has that same capability with his overall athleticism, great instincts, and foot quickness to make an impact for several teams. His draft stock may have fallen some because of the injuries, but he has first round talent. If he is selected later than that he could be a virtual steal for a team who is in need of an edge rusher. He has the athleticism to play the 4-3 defense rush end or the 3-4 defense outside rush linebacker positions.
[/quote]

I said this back in December that this guy will be one of the steals of the draft. I would get him in the 3rd round but I think he's projected as a forth. He is not that great against the run but is an absolute monster in pass rush. We need to hit Tom Brady and Jenkins is the man to do it.
I'm a life long FSU fan but i'm no homer...EJ Manuel folds under pressure but is he can sit behind a veteran for a year or 2 I think he can be a starter in the NFL.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

MdDolfan wrote:
Quote:

I said this back in December that this guy will be one of the steals of the draft. I would get him in the 3rd round but I think he's projected as a forth. He is not that great against the run but is an absolute monster in pass rush. We need to hit Tom Brady and Jenkins is the man to do it.
I'm a life long FSU fan but i'm no homer...EJ Manuel folds under pressure but is he can sit behind a veteran for a year or 2 I think he can be a starter in the NFL.[/quote]

EJ definitely had some disappointing moments at FSU, but overall I thought EJ was a solid QB, although he did not live up to the loft expectations most of us had on him.

He looked very good in the Senior Bowl and was MVP of that game, and a strong combine will help even more. One thing that teams will be impressed with is his presence and his smarts.

Brandon Jenkins definitely could be a steal, especially if he makes it into the 4th round. I was so disappointed for Tank when he hurt his knee in the Florida game, but he is going to make some team happy.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]