View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Jets Close to Deal With Garrard 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Jets Close to Deal With Garrard
The Jets are close to signing David Garrard, who had a very good workout with them this week. I'm a little surprised that the article makes no mention of Matt Moore, whom has less mileage and injury concerns. The Jets would be wise to look at Moore before signing anyone. I'm glad they aren't smart though. Best of luck to Garrard (except when he plays us), he was a class act here in Miami.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9002619/david-garrard-closing-deal-new-york-jets-source

Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Jets Close to Deal With Garrard
Technically, the Jets can not talk with Matt Moore, until he officially becomes a free agent. Which unless the Phins and Moore come to terms, will occur March 12th. Since Garrard is not with a Team, the Jets are not restricted to FA rules.

Anyway, I expect the Jets to show interest in Moore after the 12th.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:12 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

shularino wrote:
Technically, the Jets can not talk with Matt Moore, until he officially becomes a free agent. Which unless the Phins and Moore come to terms, will occur March 12th. Since Garrard is not with a Team, the Jets are not restricted to FA rules.

Anyway, I expect the Jets to show interest in Moore after the 12th.

Garrard will have to make the final roster and be active for week one to even get his contract $.. Only thing signing gets him is paid to go through camp, and some insurance if he gets hurt again...

He is an easy signing, and the Jets are just getting some fresh bodies in there...

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Maybe Garrard will go water skiing again and hurt his knee.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:15 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

I think some QB's should just fade off into the sunset already. Garrard was a non factor when we signed him & is even more of one now. The Jets blew their chance at a QB by not trading Revis for Smith straight up.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The jests will probably be drafting a new QB. I see Matt Moore as a Cardinal.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:13 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Moore is going to cost anywhere from 3-5 million whereas Garrard will probably cost 1-2 million. They just need a vet to make them look respectable for a year when they get out from Sanchez's contract.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:23 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

FINesse wrote:
I think some QB's should just fade off into the sunset already. Garrard was a non factor when we signed him & is even more of one now. The Jets blew their chance at a QB by not trading Revis for Smith straight up.

Not until he takes a live snap at least... I would not say he is a threat, however looking at the depth chart I'd say by name alone he gives them the best chance to win....

Just have no clue if he can even play.. Last year he was the camp choice before he blew his knee out chasing his kid around the pool or whatever happened lol...

But the Jets need help, no way they can even mention Sanchez being the starter...

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:37 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

FINesse wrote:

Was that a joke?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:47 pm

MdDolfan wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Was that a joke?

Well I guess I will take this bait. Look , Nobody is gonna win squat with David Garrard as their starting QB. Not the Jets this season & not the even the great Miami Dolphins had he started for us last season. If you are referring do the Smith / Revis part as a joke ... why the hell shouldn't that have happened. The Jets need a QB & the Niners want Revis , surely at least their could have been some dialogue.

Get the punchline?

BTW , I think like most I have no problem with guys disagreeing with comments. In fact I welcome the debate. But like most when posts are not agreed upon , it seems it is done in a pretty asinine way like it was here. And that is no joke.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]