Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:49 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11248
Location: Lancaster, PA
Quote:
A lot of teams have third-round grades on Baylor WR Terrance Williams, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.
Mayock believes Williams followed up a less than average Senior Bowl with a poor COmbine performance, showing little explosiveness in lower body tests. Apparently, teams see him as a glider or smooth athlete who lacks a quick twitch or second gear.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:58 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
He would be a great pick if he's still there in the 3rd Rd. I think he'd be a good pick at the end of the 2nd as well.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
That's what I've been trying to say on Williams. I like him, but he's a little stiff.

I still think he goes in the 2nd round. He just have good vertical speed, nice hands, uses his body well both short and deep, and plays tough over the middle.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5511
Location: Columbia, SC
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
A lot of teams have third-round grades on Baylor WR Terrance Williams, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.
Mayock believes Williams followed up a less than average Senior Bowl with a poor COmbine performance, showing little explosiveness in lower body tests. Apparently, teams see him as a glider or smooth athlete who lacks a quick twitch or second gear.



I heard Mayock when he made that statement. All of these players have weaknesses that need to be improved.

At the end of the day, I think he still goes in the 2nd round and is very good value.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:55 am 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
If he's still there in the 3rd....... :grin:
We have to pick him! But Ireland is picking so who the hell knows.... :cry:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:04 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
jammer wrote:
He would be a great pick if he's still there in the 3rd Rd. I think he'd be a good pick at the end of the 2nd as well.


If he's still there in the late 2nd to mid 3rd, we need to pounce. This kid is a good football player.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
Phins Rock wrote:
That's what I've been trying to say on Williams. I like him, but he's a little stiff.

I still think he goes in the 2nd round. He just have good vertical speed, nice hands, uses his body well both short and deep, and plays tough over the middle.


I rather Hopkins or Bailey over him in the 2nd. He catches the ball waaaay to much with his body and he has little to no wiggle and falls after first contact!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5511
Location: Columbia, SC
MdDolfan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
That's what I've been trying to say on Williams. I like him, but he's a little stiff.

I still think he goes in the 2nd round. He just have good vertical speed, nice hands, uses his body well both short and deep, and plays tough over the middle.


I rather Hopkins or Bailey over him in the 2nd. He catches the ball waaaay to much with his body and he has little to no wiggle and falls after first contact!


DeAndre Hopkins is a kid I love, but I am not sure if he makes it to the 2nd round. He ran a 4.57 40 at the combine and 4.52 40 at Clemson Pro Day today.

He plays at that speed and his ball skills are very good. He was good in the drills at the combine and he was good in the drills today.

I did not mock him to Miami because I did not think he would be there, so we will see how things develop these next few weeks.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r