View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Cameron Wake not making waves 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Cameron Wake not making waves
Quote:
DAVIE - Talk is cheap.

Cameron Wake knows that. Always has

It's not a tell-me league, it's a show-me league," Wake says. "Nobody wants to hear about what you think you can do or what you used to do. What are you going to do on Sunday? Show me. That's what I hope I'll be able to do."

The opportunity presented itself down here, and I have my first season under my belt and I'm still not satisfied. I want more. I want to get better. I want to get bigger, I want to get faster, I want to get stronger. I want more responsibility."

The question is can Wake become a major weapon in his second NFL season?

"Ask me in July," he says, smiling. "Nobody wants to hear what you think. They want to see what you can do. I could go upstairs to coach right now and say, 'Hey, I can play. I can play.' What are you going to do in the offseason and when we get in camp? Show me on the field."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... entinel%29

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:25 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Cameron Wake not making waves
He has certainly shown me a lot with the little opportunity he was given this year.

If he can learn to play against the run I think we will have a serious force to be reckoned with for the next few years.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:08 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I am currently doing a loan for a former teammate of Wake's from the BC Lions. He tells me that Wake is very fired up about his chances with the Fins. I will get some inside info from him and post it.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:14 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I think he is doing a fine job. A few pounds, and a bit more learning he should be a great addition.

I just hope we can keep a set of good D coaches...

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:02 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

WAke's relative success last season, along with Stefan Logan's has opened the door for a flood of CFLers to cross over and try the NFL.

How cool would it be if Dmitri Tsoumpas successfully makes the jump as well?

Heck we added 3 ex CFLers already, and a couple of guys we probably should add like to at least try TC like Adarious Bowman and a S/CB named Browner.

Wake is a much much better DE than OLB right now, and he really does have to show what he can do at OLB before he sees much more playing time than nickel rusher.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]