Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:32 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11248
Location: Lancaster, PA
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 8650.story


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5511
Location: Columbia, SC
swerve13 wrote:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-dolphins-could-receive-an-early-compensatory-pick-in-2013-20130302,0,6598650.story



This crap with the Sun-Sentinel is getting on my darn nerves. That would be nice if the Dolphins got another pick.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-dolphins-could-receive-an-early-compensatory-pick-in-2013-20130302,0,6598650.story



This crap with the Sun-Sentinel is getting on my darn nerves. That would be nice if the Dolphins got another pick.


Get the iphone app.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:31 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Highly doubt that.

Langford got 6 million per year, Marshall got 5.33 per year....Henne was the only other noteworthy loss.

I don't see how we get more than a 6th.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:33 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
Phins Rock wrote:
Highly doubt that.

Langford got 6 million per year, Marshall got 5.33 per year....Henne was the only other noteworthy loss.

I don't see how we get more than a 6th.


Marshall was traded. Compensatory picks are only for Free Agents lost and signed by another club.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:04 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
degs wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Highly doubt that.

Langford got 6 million per year, Marshall got 5.33 per year....Henne was the only other noteworthy loss.

I don't see how we get more than a 6th.


Marshall was traded. Compensatory picks are only for Free Agents lost and signed by another club.


I meant Richard Marshall.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4758
Quote:
...

Langford and quarterback Chad Henne were the only major free agents the Dolphins lost in 2012. And cornerback Richard Marshall was the only major free agent the Dolphins signed and kept after training camp. Everyone else were minimum guys, and most didn't make the 53 man roster.

Based on the elementary understanding I have of how the compensatory picks formula works Henne and Marshall likely cancel each other out.

That leaves Langford, which BloggingtheBeast.com says could be worth a fourth-round pick in the 2013 draft.

Whether it is a fourth rounder or a fifth rounder, it appears ...


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 8650.story


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6501
Phins Rock wrote:
Highly doubt that.

Langford got 6 million per year, Marshall got 5.33 per year....Henne was the only other noteworthy loss.

I don't see how we get more than a 6th.

Doesn't playing time also figure into it? If so, Marshall missed a high majority of the season.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:06 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
We lost a starting quarterback and a starting defensive tackle. If we were able to get an extra 4th, that would be excellent. Having 7 picks in the first four rounds would really give us some options.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4660
Location: MA.
Good ammo to trade up in the second with our original pick.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6501
Kev1321 wrote:
Good ammo to trade up in the second with our original pick.
Not sure if you mean the comp pick or not, but just to FYI anyone who might not know. Comp picks cannot be traded.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4660
Location: MA.
Dphins4me wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Good ammo to trade up in the second with our original pick.
Not sure if you mean the comp pick or not, but just to FYI anyone who might not know. Comp picks cannot be traded.


Reading is not your strong suit.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6501
Kev1321 wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Good ammo to trade up in the second with our original pick.
Not sure if you mean the comp pick or not, but just to FYI anyone who might not know. Comp picks cannot be traded.


Reading is not your strong suit.

That would be comprehension, not reading. Maybe its not my ability to comprehend, but your lack of ability to communicate your thought in the written form.

So if you were not referring using the comp pick as ammo to help Miami move up in 2nd Rd with their original pick. What is good ammo? What does a comp pick in Rd. 4 have to do with ammo for moving up in the 2nd, if you were not referencing that Comp 4th?


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r