View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Dolphins resign Brian Hartline 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Dolphins resign Brian Hartline
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
I was thinking......now that we signed Hartline, would you rather we break the bank (because if we want Wallace we have to break the bank) by signing Wallace or try to get Cook (TE) and Jennings?

You can get Wallace and Cook.

I've changed my stance on this, but I'd rather save TE to the draft. They need to take care of the Offensive Line and CB in Free Agency.

I agree.

A lot of defensive backs are being released that can still play at a high level. Chris Gamble and Aaron Ross to name a couple.

Do you think this is going to drive down the price for guys like Sean Smith?

Yup... I think Sean Smith's 10 million a season he's looking for just disappeared...

Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Glad to see the Hartline deal get done. It seems like a reasonable deal and probably looks a lot like Rich's proposal. As hopefully the QB play improves I look for good production from the WR position too.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:

Hartline bypassed free agency Friday, signing a six-year, $30.7 million contract ($12.5 million guaranteed) to remain with the Dolphins. Hartline said free agency would have been more "lucrative" but he said taking less money is an indication of his excitement about the team's future.

"It just shows how much more important it is for me to be in this organization and be in South Florida, and what we're growing, than it is to just chase the top dollar," he said.
Click here to find out more!

It was a similar story for backup quarterback Matt Moore, who signed a two-year, $8 million deal to return to the Dolphins. Moore, regarded among the league's best backups, opted not to become a free agent and pursue a starting job with another team.

"I think this team is definitely going places," he said. "There's big things to come and I didn't want to miss out."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
shularino wrote:
I would have been comfortable with about $8 mil guaranteed.

I think when we get the details of the contract, that's where the signing bonus will be around. Don't be misled by the "$12.5 million guaranteed" label. Some of those guarantees come in the form of bonuses outside of the signing bonus.

Quote:
considering a No. 2 QB, is probably getting something around $2mil/yr

I don't mean to pick on you man, but I don't think you've caught up with the value of NFL players in 2013. You're stuck somewhere in 2006. According to a report issued by the NFL in 2010, the typical salary range for a #2 QB in the NFL was $2-$5 million a year.

So we can make an apples to apples comparison, let's look at the salaries for some of the top veteran back up QBs in the NFL for 2012. I excluded guys on their rookie contract because they are obviously going to be cheaper and it is an apples to oranges comparison. I also excluded Alex Smith because he was the opening day starter and Matt Flynn because he was supposed to be the starter.

Kyle Orton - $3.5 mil a year
Jason Campbell - $3.5 mil a year
Shaun Hill - $3 mil a year
Matt Hasselback - $5.5 mil a year

You can probably get a Matt Leinart or a Vince Young for less... but is that really what you want the team to do? THAT would be $2 million better spent elsewhere.

You're undervaluing our own players and failing to realize that every season the player contracts are supposed to get bigger. That was the point of the last CBA, to give the veteran players more and to keep rookie salaries reasonable.

I think you're going to be severely shocked when you start seeing some of the contracts being signed in free agency. It is what it is, man. The price teams play to keep or acquire veteran talent. You can't fix everything by letting holes open up and hoping you patch them up in the draft.

Rich, I'm not the only one who thinks $6M/yr, $12.5M guaranteed is a stretch for Hartline.

Omar Kelly wrote the following on 3/7/13........

"I'd focus on locking down one of those two receivers (Wallace or Jennings) before sweetening my initial offer to Brian Hartline, which would be in the three-year, $14 million range. Make $8 million of Hartline's offer guaranteed, which means any other suitor would need to come strong to lure the eighth 1,000-yard receiver in Dolphins history away."

http://www.southflorida.com/news/fl-dolphins-free-agency-omar-builds-0308-20130307,0,5042722.story

My question is would Hartline have received a deal this sweet from another team? I have my doubts. So why did we need to sign him prior to talking with Jennings, Bouldin, Cruz, etc.? We know we're going in heavy for Wallace..........how nice would it have been to have him paired with one of those three.

I don't have a problem with signing Moore, but it's top level money for a No. 2. Considering Tannehill will likely be running more in 2013 and the Dolphins O-line issues, it's feasible he may go down at some point. If that happens, we know we can still win with Moore.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:57 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

shularino wrote:

My question is would Hartline have received a deal this sweet from another team? I have my doubts. So why did we need to sign him prior to talking with Jennings, Bouldin, Cruz, etc.? We know we're going in heavy for Wallace..........how nice would it have been to have him paired with one of those three.

Was it worth taking a chance on losing Hartline outright gambling that another team wouldn't offer as sweet a deal? There is no guarantee Miami is going land Wallace or Jennings. Why create another hole in a roster already full of needs? What about the chemistry already created between Hartline and Tannehill? Miami locked up Hartline with a reasonable contract before he had a chance to speak with other teams. That is just smart business.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:14 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

bobby0112 wrote:

Was it worth taking a chance on losing Hartline outright gambling that another team wouldn't offer as sweet a deal? There is no guarantee Miami is going land Wallace or Jennings. Why create another hole in a roster already full of needs? What about the chemistry already created between Hartline and Tannehill? Miami locked up Hartline with a reasonable contract before he had a chance to speak with other teams. That is just smart business.

It was worth the gamble IMO. Plenty of Wr on the market that could replace him from my view point. Brandon Gibson is one & will not cost as much. Not a fan of this signing at all, but I do not know the breakdown just yet either. I simply do not view Hartline as more than a good No. 3/4 Wr.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:19 am
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

shularino wrote:

Omar Kelly writes and says a lot of bizarre stuff. He's not exactly the best guy to quote to back up a point of view.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
shularino wrote:

Omar Kelly writes and says a lot of bizarre stuff. He's not exactly the best guy to quote to back up a point of view.

OK Rich............we'll just listen to you.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:04 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
It was worth the gamble IMO. Plenty of Wr on the market that could replace him from my view point. Brandon Gibson is one & will not cost as much. Not a fan of this signing at all, but I do not know the breakdown just yet either. I simply do not view Hartline as more than a good No. 3/4 Wr.

Brandon Gibson? LMFAO.

shularino wrote:

I don't have a problem with signing Moore, but it's top level money for a No. 2. Considering Tannehill will likely be running more in 2013 and the Dolphins O-line issues, it's feasible he may go down at some point. If that happens, we know we can still win with Moore.

You're smokin' crack if you think this team was going to throw top level money at Wallace and then try to pair him up with Cruz (another top level money guy), Jennings (wants $12mil/per), or Boldin. You can wish all you want, but the likelihood of the team making a Super Bowl run this year is not high. They're not going to spend wreckless with the cap, so they're clearly making sure they retain the "young" talent that's already on the team with whom Tanny has tremendous chemistry with and can continue to develop with ..... that is Brian Hartline. For all you know, tremendous opportunities could open up for him with Wallace taking the top off defenses and it won't be a situation like B-Marsh where Marshall commanded the ball on practically every passing down.

You need to stop whining about the Moore signing. It's a luxury we could afford because of how cheap Tanny's rookie contract was. All you have to do is look around the league and see the threat of your starting QB missing games (especially with teams reigning in the read-option). If Tanny was making $8 million per, you'd be seeing Devlin holding the clipboard as the #2 this year.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 am

shularino wrote:
OK Rich............we'll just listen to you.

I can quote local beat writers making the same argument I am.

What value does it bring?

And why are you using the word "we'll"? Are you more than one person?

At least I provide evidence for my arguments.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

Brandon Gibson? LMFAO.

Yea, on second thought you're probably right. I should have picked someone lower on the totem pole.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Yea, on second thought you're probably right. I should have picked someone lower on the totem pole.

Ya, don't stop at a 600 yarder receiver you slacker. See if you can find us a 300 yard one this time.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:29 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:

Ya, don't stop at a 600 yarder receiver you slacker. See if you can find us a 300 yard one this time.

Man, this is sad. You have been so indoctrinated with bad talent that you can no longer tell the difference between good & great. Let me get this straight. Hartline has 1 Yr of 600 Yd production & one year with more & suddenly the previous three years are forgotten? Seriously? Where are you getting that Hartline is just this awesome Wr?

When Miami needs a TD, Hartline will get them 10 Yds. What was Brian Hartline this time last year? A 500 Yd Wr. Thats right. Not even 600. He has one game against a bad team & it seems you have lifted him up to where you think a comparable WR is laughable. Hartline is easily taken out of a game which is proven by his 11 games with under 80 Yds receiving. Gibson found the endzone just one time less last year than Hartline has over his entire career. Heck Gibson doubled Hartline's TDs last year in one game. Miami just gave a 1 TD Wr 30 Million dollar contract. That is what is worth a LMFAO.

I think you would be very hard pressed to find to many people who would not think those two are comparable.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:05 pm
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

I'm fine with Hartline coming back but I do think Gibson would be a better compliment to Wallace. A big-bodied possession receiver with good red zone ability. He seems to be trending upward.

I feel like this offense could use a big WR target for Tanny. Hopefully we can bring in a 6'3" playmaker from the draft.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:

Free agency primer: Ranking the wide receivers

Impact players

1. Mike Wallace, Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Greg Jennings, Green Bay Packers
3. Wes Welker, New England Patriots

Solid starters

4. Danny Amendola, St. Louis Rams
5. Brian Hartline, Miami Dolphins (re-signed with Dolphins)

Hartline will command attention as a No. 2 option. I still believe the Dolphins will bring him back. Miami needs pass-catchers and the chemistry with Ryan Tannehill was impressive. If Hartline escapes, he'll make another quarterback happy with his consistent -- and sometimes record-setting -- play.

Role players with questions

6. Brandon Gibson, St. Louis Rams
7. Donnie Avery, Indianapolis Colts
8. Julian Edelman, New England Patriots

Notes: Gibson has 34 starts for the Rams over the past three seasons, but he's never the same guy from week to week. He's an option for teams seeking a second (or, realistically, third) receiver. ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -receivers

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFL Article wrote:
but he's never the same guy from week to week. He's an option for teams seeking a second (or, realistically, third) receiver. ...
Sounds just like Hartline.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Quote:
If Hartline escapes, he'll make another quarterback happy with his consistent -- and sometimes record-setting -- play.

What????????????

:) :hithead:

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
NFL Article wrote:
but he's never the same guy from week to week. He's an option for teams seeking a second (or, realistically, third) receiver. ...
Sounds just like Hartline.

ya seriously. One huge game and then goes into hiding for a month.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:01 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Man, this is sad. You have been so indoctrinated with bad talent that you can no longer tell the difference between good & great. Let me get this straight. Hartline has 1 Yr of 600 Yd production & one year with more & suddenly the previous three years are forgotten? Seriously? Where are you getting that Hartline is just this awesome Wr?

When Miami needs a TD, Hartline will get them 10 Yds. What was Brian Hartline this time last year? A 500 Yd Wr. Thats right. Not even 600. He has one game against a bad team & it seems you have lifted him up to where you think a comparable WR is laughable. Hartline is easily taken out of a game which is proven by his 11 games with under 80 Yds receiving. Gibson found the endzone just one time less last year than Hartline has over his entire career. Heck Gibson doubled Hartline's TDs last year in one game. Miami just gave a 1 TD Wr 30 Million dollar contract. That is what is worth a LMFAO.

I think you would be very hard pressed to find to many people who would not think those two are comparable.

Hartline surpassed Gibsons's best yardage in his 2nd year.

Keep huggin' that dumpster bud.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:49 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:

Is this Jethro math or something where 615 is more than 620? Of course Gibson best year of now 691, but we are not discussing that. If this is Jethro math, then your above statement would be true.

Funny thing is, you make these comments, but have yet to provide any back up for your opinion & what you tried is factually inaccurate. Please tell us where Hartline is so much better.

Rock Sexton wrote:

That would be you. I'm not saying Gibson is something special, just that Hartline is not either. Both can get better. Just for Hartline's talent & production there were cheaper options out there.

The better play for Miami would have been to let Hartline hit the market & found out his true value. They would have paid less for his services.

You are the dumpster diver. 30 million for a TD a year production. Ireland is making a huge gamble that Hartline will thrive as a No. 2 or the contract is structure to where Miami can draft a Wr, develop him & then cut Hartline before his contract gets stupid. I do not see this deal being more than a 3 Yr deal. I believe Hartline will be cut before 2016 at the lastest, but no way he sees Yr 4 & 5 from this deal.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:52 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
If Hartline escapes, he'll make another quarterback happy with his consistent -- and sometimes record-setting -- play.

What????????????

Yea, I almost spit out my drink when I read that.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

:pumpiron:

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Is this Jethro math or something where 615 is more than 620? Of course Gibson best year of now 691, but we are not discussing that. If this is Jethro math, then your above statement would be true.

Funny thing is, you make these comments, but have yet to provide any back up for your opinion & what you tried is factually inaccurate. Please tell us where Hartline is so much better.

Rock Sexton wrote:

That would be you. I'm not saying Gibson is something special, just that Hartline is not either. Both can get better. Just for Hartline's talent & production there were cheaper options out there.

The better play for Miami would have been to let Hartline hit the market & found out his true value. They would have paid less for his services.

You are the dumpster diver. 30 million for a TD a year production. Ireland is making a huge gamble that Hartline will thrive as a No. 2 or the contract is structure to where Miami can draft a Wr, develop him & then cut Hartline before his contract gets stupid. I do not see this deal being more than a 3 Yr deal. I believe Hartline will be cut before 2016 at the lastest, but no way he sees Yr 4 & 5 from this deal.

My bad, 4th year .... Paying a #2 what we paid Hartline is NOT a gamble with the cap the NFL has now.

I'm the dumpster diver and you're the one suggesting Brandon Gibson .... hahah. Ok Mr. Acorn.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Yea, I almost spit out my drink when I read that.

Hopefully it didn't hit Brandon Gibson's lap ........... Hahaha, sorry you left that for me, I had to take it.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:22 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Tanny has tremendous chemistry with and can continue to develop with ..... that is Brian Hartline. For all you know, tremendous opportunities could open up for him with Wallace taking the top off defenses and it won't be a situation like B-Marsh where Marshall commanded the ball on practically every passing down.

My exact feelings towards the Hartline signing. It WAS a smart move. Getting that true #1 will open way more opportunities for Hartline. 74 catches for 1000 yards "could" turn into 90 catches for 1300 yards. He reminds me a lot of when Denver had Ed McCaffrey, who was a security blanket and clutch guy.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:57 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
I can quote local beat writers making the same argument I am.

What value does it bring?

First, Omar Kelly spends more time devoted to the Phins than any other reporter. He has years of experience studying the NFL and knowing players market value, particularly the Phins. I can see where someone who provides an informed opinion seems bizarre to you.

For giggles, go ahead and find relevant sources saying other teams were seriously considering paying Hartline $6+mil/yr, $12.5mil guaranteed.

Rich wrote:
And why are you using the word "we'll"? Are you more than one person?

The "we" speaks to everyone else on this site, who actually spent time evaluating Philbin's previous team and the importance of his receivers to produce YAC an get in the endzone. Hartline isn't that guy.

Rich wrote:
At least I provide evidence for my arguments.

HA!.........the only evidence you've provided contradicts everything you're saying.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:

For giggles, go ahead and find relevant sources saying other teams were seriously considering paying Hartline $6+mil/yr, $12.5mil guaranteed.

The logic behind your statement is absolutely befuddling.

So because it's not reported in media outlets, other teams weren't considering him at that rate? Image

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:09 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
You're smokin' crack if you think this team was going to throw top level money at Wallace and then try to pair him up with Cruz (another top level money guy), Jennings (wants $12mil/per), or Boldin. You can wish all you want, but the likelihood of the team making a Super Bowl run this year is not high. They're not going to spend wreckless with the cap, so they're clearly making sure they retain the "young" talent that's already on the team with whom Tanny has tremendous chemistry with and can continue to develop with ..... that is Brian Hartline. For all you know, tremendous opportunities could open up for him with Wallace taking the top off defenses and it won't be a situation like B-Marsh where Marshall commanded the ball on practically every passing down.

I'd rather see us evaluate other options than pay $6+mil/year for a middle of the road receiver. Tannehill had tremendous chemistry with Hartline in one game...........the rest is a mixed bag.

Rock Sexton wrote:
You need to stop whining about the Moore signing. It's a luxury we could afford because of how cheap Tanny's rookie contract was. All you have to do is look around the league and see the threat of your starting QB missing games (especially with teams reigning in the read-option). If Tanny was making $8 million per, you'd be seeing Devlin holding the clipboard as the #2 this year.

What are talking about? Spend some time actually reading my posts before you try to blast me.

I wrote the following.........

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:14 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:

My bad, 4th year .... Paying a #2 what we paid Hartline is NOT a gamble with the cap the NFL has now.
Don't care if he is a No. 2, being a No. 2 on a team with bad Wr does not mean you are a No. 2 in the NFL talent world.

Rock Sexton wrote:
I'm the dumpster diver and you're the one suggesting Brandon Gibson .... hahah. Ok Mr. Acorn.

I said for the money there were cheaper comparable Wr out there. Heck even an NFL article ranked them 5/6. Can't get any closer. I'm not saying Gibson is better, but like Hartline had his best year last year. Hartline is most likely better, but the question is he the money difference better. That is my point.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:17 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'd rather see us evaluate other options than pay $6+mil/year for a middle of the road receiver. Tannehill had tremendous chemistry with Hartline in one game...........the rest is a mixed bag.

Good or bad game stats, I think as the season went on and besides the Arizona game, there was definitely a constant security blanket for Tannehill to have Hartline in the lineup.

I see what your saying about exploring other options, but if you look at the "guaranteed" money part of the deal, this can get restructured again in a couple of years. Did Miami over pay for Hartline, probably, BUT, I believe when Miami gets that true #1 receiver, that Hartline will become even more valuable to Tannehill and the Dolphins. It remains to be seen, but that is my personal gut feeling. The 2013 season will tell us a lot and let's hope for the best!

PS: I did hear a rumor that Detroit was prepared to snag Hartline for the money he wanted to play opposite Calvin Johnson.

Last edited by Finhead34 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:19 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:

Cool story bro. He had two other 100+ days and 4 games with 8 receptions or more in our absolute juggernaut of an offense.

Quote:
What are talking about? Spend some time actually reading my posts before you try to blast me.

I wrote the following.........

He's the best backup in the league and a guy who could start for a numerous amount of teams. So getting "top level money" at that position makes complete sense.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:

Hopefully it didn't hit Brandon Gibson's lap ........... Hahaha, sorry you left that for me, I had to take it.

I'm sure you take it often & a lot.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:21 am

shularino wrote:
First, Omar Kelly spends more time devoted to the Phins than any other reporter.

Really? More than Armando Salguero, who has been in the market far longer?

Now you're just making things up.

Quote:
The "we" speaks to everyone else on this site

Who gave you permission to speak for everyone else? Just speak for yourself.

Quote:
HA!.........the only evidence you've provided contradicts everything you're saying.

Yes, that makes sense. :hithead:

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
shularino wrote:

So because it's not reported in media outlets, other teams weren't considering him at that rate? Image

In shularino's la-la land, teams disclose all of their offseason plans.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:

Good or bad game stats, I think as the season went on and besides the Arizona game, there was definitely a constant security blanket for Tannehill to have Hartline in the lineup.

I see what your saying about exploring other options, but if you look at the "guaranteed" money part of the deal, this can get restructured again in a couple of years. Did Miami over pay for Hartline, probably, BUT, I believe when Miami gets that true #1 receiver, that Hartline will become even more valuable to Tannehill and the Dolphins. It remains to be seen, but that is my personal gut feeling. The 2013 season will tell us a lot and let's hope for the best!

PS: I did hear a rumor that Detroit was prepared to snag Hartline for the money he wanted to play opposite Calvin Johnson.

Anyone with eyeballs could see Hartline was Tanny's security blanket. But the naysayers will probably respond back with "well who else was there to throw the ball to?"

With where the cap is today and when you look at the salaries of receivers, the contract is par for the course. We don't even know how it's structured yet but some of these guys act like we just wrecked our cap re-signing young talent that our young QB has chemistry with.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:23 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

I'm sure you take it often & a lot.

Hahaha ..... game tied 1-1.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:24 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Hartline bypassed free agency Friday, signing a five-year, $30.7 million contract ($12.5 million guaranteed) to remain with the Dolphins. Hartline said free agency would have been more "lucrative" but he said taking less money is an indication of his excitement about the team's future.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-0 ... -jake-long

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:26 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Great point Rock, that really is a true statement on exactly how creative Miami was on Hartline's contract. Look, IMO, having continuity means something to a young QB and the fact that Hartline is smart young ball player, starting to come into his own in the NFL. He is a class act and will in my mind no doubt be valuable to Miami's offense. Cannot fault Ireland and thought it was a smart move.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:28 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Quote:
Hartline bypassed free agency Friday, signing a five-year, $30.7 million contract ($12.5 million guaranteed) to remain with the Dolphins. Hartline said free agency would have been more "lucrative" but he said taking less money is an indication of his excitement about the team's future.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-0 ... -jake-long

Omar Kelly didn't report that, though. So it must be made up.

2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
shularino wrote:

OK Rocco, I'll take that as you can't find any reliable source that says another team was prepared to aggressively target Hartline. Funny, we hear several reports where other FAs are being targeted by other teams. I guess Hartline didn't garner that much attention.

Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next