Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12000
Location: Raleigh, NC
Of course, the draft isn't here yet.

Quote:
BEN VOLIN: "Hearing from a source that #Dolphins are pretty set on moving Jonathan Martin to LT next season. Would mean they've moved on from Long"
https://twitter.com/BenVolinPBP/status/ ... 4729752576

ROTOWORLD: "The Dolphins have blown the majority of their cap space on Day 1 of free agency, so they're almost certainly moving on from free agent Jake Long anyway. This should confirm it. Although Martin struggled mightily after moving to left tackle late in the year, the staff apparently sees room for growth. Pass protection could be an issue for the Dolphins in 2013. At least they have receivers now, we guess."
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/51155989/ ... ayer_news/

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
I read that too. At the least I hope it means they're working the deal with Winston cuz otherwise we're probably going O-line in the first round yet again. Fist pump!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1646
Told ya if Jake Long walked, his replacement was already on the roster.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24756
Location: Miami, FL
Jonathan Martin better be roiding like crazy.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
All the big time WRs and TEs won't matter if Tannehill is on the ground. Wish we didn't have to, but might need to go OL early in the draft.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:01 am 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
rodneyfaile wrote:
All the big time WRs and TEs won't matter if Tannehill is on the ground. Wish we didn't have to, but might need to go OL early in the draft.


I don't like it either but if that's the route we went at least we have 2 second rd picks and 2 thirds to get skilled position players. If Fishers there at #12 go get him but Id rather have Rhodes at 12 if Millener is gone (and he will be gone)


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:15 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
The thing is Miami didn't blow all of their cap space in Day 1, they swapped out big contracts for their linebackers and gave one big contract to Wallace.

As Rich pointed out in other threads, they still have plenty to spend and moves to make that could open up more cap room.

I hate how some are trying to lump Miami in with the spending sprees of the Redskins, Cowboys and Raiders of the past. Miami is changing parts, not wildly spending on every position.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:16 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
By some I mean talking heads on ESPN, NFL Network and radio show guys not in the Miami area.

Have to see the forest through the trees.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: Charlotte, NC
MdDolfan wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:
All the big time WRs and TEs won't matter if Tannehill is on the ground. Wish we didn't have to, but might need to go OL early in the draft.


I don't like it either but if that's the route we went at least we have 2 second rd picks and 2 thirds to get skilled position players. If Fishers there at #12 go get him but Id rather have Rhodes at 12 if Millener is gone (and he will be gone)


I put the chance of us getting Millener at less than 25%. I think he'll go to the Lions at 5, but if the Lions don't take him, things get interesting. The teams drafting 6-11 have greater needs than CB.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5592
Location: Houston, Texas
I am very happy we have Wallace and possibly a guy like Keller on the offense to go along with Hartline/Bess, BUT, in order to keep Tannehil right side up when he goes back to pass, I certainly hope Miami signs a proven veteran to help anchor the line as well as drafting a couple of mean farm fed boys in the draft.

The explosive players on offense will do us less good if Tannehill is under duress.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5343
Location: Wellington, FL
Finhead34 wrote:
The explosive players on offense will do us less good if Tannehill is under duress.

While having a QB standing all alone in the pocket is a nice concept, it usually only happens when facing less able defenses. Once you get to Jan, better be able to adjust to blitz happy defenses that get pressure on the QB...

Big Ben will miss Wallace running wide open 40 yards down field when the defense is grabbing his ankles next season...

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:50 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
Finhead34 wrote:
I am very happy we have Wallace and possibly a guy like Keller on the offense to go along with Hartline/Bess, BUT, in order to keep Tannehil right side up when he goes back to pass, I certainly hope Miami signs a proven veteran to help anchor the line as well as drafting a couple of mean farm fed boys in the draft.

The explosive players on offense will do us less good if Tannehill is under duress.


Still have Vollmer and Winston out there, not to mention some good 2nd round prospects in the draft.

I think Miami has moved on from overpaying offensive linemen due to high rate of injury and the fact that the play doesn't drop dramatically when some of the backups are plugged in. Its risky, but I think its their new approach.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:51 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
10acjed wrote:
Big Ben will miss Wallace running wide open 40 yards down field when the defense is grabbing his ankles next season...


I agree and think that is going to be Tannehill's biggest strength this year...turning broken plays into huge gains with Wallace's speed and Hartline having more room to operate.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, k-dash and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r