View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Report: Dolphins intent on Martin at LT 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Report: Dolphins intent on Martin at LT
Of course, the draft isn't here yet.

Quote:
BEN VOLIN: "Hearing from a source that #Dolphins are pretty set on moving Jonathan Martin to LT next season. Would mean they've moved on from Long"
https://twitter.com/BenVolinPBP/status/ ... 4729752576

ROTOWORLD: "The Dolphins have blown the majority of their cap space on Day 1 of free agency, so they're almost certainly moving on from free agent Jake Long anyway. This should confirm it. Although Martin struggled mightily after moving to left tackle late in the year, the staff apparently sees room for growth. Pass protection could be an issue for the Dolphins in 2013. At least they have receivers now, we guess."
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/51155989/ ... ayer_news/

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: Report: Dolphins intent on Martin at LT
I read that too. At the least I hope it means they're working the deal with Winston cuz otherwise we're probably going O-line in the first round yet again. Fist pump!

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:33 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Told ya if Jake Long walked, his replacement was already on the roster.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:34 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Jonathan Martin better be roiding like crazy.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:35 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

All the big time WRs and TEs won't matter if Tannehill is on the ground. Wish we didn't have to, but might need to go OL early in the draft.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

rodneyfaile wrote:
All the big time WRs and TEs won't matter if Tannehill is on the ground. Wish we didn't have to, but might need to go OL early in the draft.

I don't like it either but if that's the route we went at least we have 2 second rd picks and 2 thirds to get skilled position players. If Fishers there at #12 go get him but Id rather have Rhodes at 12 if Millener is gone (and he will be gone)

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:01 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The thing is Miami didn't blow all of their cap space in Day 1, they swapped out big contracts for their linebackers and gave one big contract to Wallace.

As Rich pointed out in other threads, they still have plenty to spend and moves to make that could open up more cap room.

I hate how some are trying to lump Miami in with the spending sprees of the Redskins, Cowboys and Raiders of the past. Miami is changing parts, not wildly spending on every position.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:15 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

By some I mean talking heads on ESPN, NFL Network and radio show guys not in the Miami area.

Have to see the forest through the trees.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:16 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

I don't like it either but if that's the route we went at least we have 2 second rd picks and 2 thirds to get skilled position players. If Fishers there at #12 go get him but Id rather have Rhodes at 12 if Millener is gone (and he will be gone)

I put the chance of us getting Millener at less than 25%. I think he'll go to the Lions at 5, but if the Lions don't take him, things get interesting. The teams drafting 6-11 have greater needs than CB.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:32 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I am very happy we have Wallace and possibly a guy like Keller on the offense to go along with Hartline/Bess, BUT, in order to keep Tannehil right side up when he goes back to pass, I certainly hope Miami signs a proven veteran to help anchor the line as well as drafting a couple of mean farm fed boys in the draft.

The explosive players on offense will do us less good if Tannehill is under duress.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:36 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:
The explosive players on offense will do us less good if Tannehill is under duress.

While having a QB standing all alone in the pocket is a nice concept, it usually only happens when facing less able defenses. Once you get to Jan, better be able to adjust to blitz happy defenses that get pressure on the QB...

Big Ben will miss Wallace running wide open 40 yards down field when the defense is grabbing his ankles next season...

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:49 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
I am very happy we have Wallace and possibly a guy like Keller on the offense to go along with Hartline/Bess, BUT, in order to keep Tannehil right side up when he goes back to pass, I certainly hope Miami signs a proven veteran to help anchor the line as well as drafting a couple of mean farm fed boys in the draft.

Still have Vollmer and Winston out there, not to mention some good 2nd round prospects in the draft.

I think Miami has moved on from overpaying offensive linemen due to high rate of injury and the fact that the play doesn't drop dramatically when some of the backups are plugged in. Its risky, but I think its their new approach.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
Big Ben will miss Wallace running wide open 40 yards down field when the defense is grabbing his ankles next season...

I agree and think that is going to be Tannehill's biggest strength this year...turning broken plays into huge gains with Wallace's speed and Hartline having more room to operate.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]