Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
ArmandoSalguero TE Dustin Keller Is now getting a physical and if all checks out afterwords the club and his agent will talk terms.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:55 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:45 am
Posts: 440
Roto world just put up
Talks between TE Keller, Dolphins heating up

The Dolphins are giving free agent TE Dustin Keller a physical and will then proceed with contract negotiations.
It sounds like there's mutual interest in getting a deal done as soon as possible. Keller is likely asking for Jared Cook money, but will have to settle for something more like the four-year, $21 million deal Martellus Bennett got. The Dolphins have already spent a combined $42 million in guarantees alone on Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1686
Location: Charlotte, NC
Seems out of order, aren't the contract terms generally negotiated and agreed upon first (with the assumption the player will pass the physical)..........then the player gets the physical.

Anyway, I think that's the way it goes............so it sounds like Keller's a Dolphin.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:46 pm
Posts: 259
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Sweet. I think he'll be an upgrade.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
When we talked about tight ends on Phinfever Live!, I stated that Keller was the guy I want the Dolphins to look at.

From a passing game perspective, he has been the most productive of all the free agent tight ends. His blocking might leave something to be desired, but with the signing of Mike Wallace, there will be less players in the box to block.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
Rich wrote:
When we talked about tight ends on Phinfever Live!, I stated that Keller was the guy I want the Dolphins to look at.

From a passing game perspective, he has been the most productive of all the free agent tight ends. His blocking might leave something to be desired, but with the signing of Mike Wallace, there will be less players in the box to block.


Cook, Finley, Keller ............ all of their blocking abilities are lackluster.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:19 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
So if we sign Keller we're still left with no in-line blockers. In my opinion we still need to draft another tightend. I like Toilolo from Stanford. The guy is built like a OT but has soft hands. He's a great blocker and an absolute terror in the redzone. I think he'd complement Keller very well.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
wkloiber13 wrote:
So if we sign Keller we're still left with no in-line blockers. In my opinion we still need to draft another tightend. I like Toilolo from Stanford. The guy is built like a OT but has soft hands. He's a great blocker and an absolute terror in the redzone. I think he'd complement Keller very well.


Or we can convert Yeatman back to tight end.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:31 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
So if we sign Keller we're still left with no in-line blockers. In my opinion we still need to draft another tightend. I like Toilolo from Stanford. The guy is built like a OT but has soft hands. He's a great blocker and an absolute terror in the redzone. I think he'd complement Keller very well.


Or we can convert Yeatman back to tight end.


Good idea plus the tight end spot can wait in the draft till the 5th round or something and we get the bpa early


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r