View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Rams Sign Jake Long? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Rams Sign Jake Long?
LOL don't count it as 100% official yet, but yes, this is my darn source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Long

I am usually not like this, but if this is true really hope he craps his pants in St. Louis.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:41 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Rams Sign Jake Long?
well roto world does not agree..

they just posted this

Dolphins remain in the hunt for FA Jake Long

NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reported on Total Access Wednesday that the Dolphins still haven't ruled out re-signing free agent Jake Long.
Tweeted Long less than an hour ago, "Got the tour of STL today and was pleasantly surprised. Not selling our house in MIA though!" Reported Darlington, "I'm told that the Dolphins still do really like Long. They do still want him back." If the Rams were going to bowl Long over with a contract, we suspect it would have happened by now. Long's decision is clearly down to St. Louis and Miami.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

randylvc wrote:
well roto world does not agree..

they just posted this

Dolphins remain in the hunt for FA Jake Long

NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reported on Total Access Wednesday that the Dolphins still haven't ruled out re-signing free agent Jake Long.
Tweeted Long less than an hour ago, "Got the tour of STL today and was pleasantly surprised. Not selling our house in MIA though!" Reported Darlington, "I'm told that the Dolphins still do really like Long. They do still want him back." If the Rams were going to bowl Long over with a contract, we suspect it would have happened by now. Long's decision is clearly down to St. Louis and Miami.

I would not understand the situation where the Rams would sign him for a similar contract we offered, while we are the team that drafted him, paid him mega bucks, and have much more upside than the Rams IMO. This is very ironic, but if he wants to go to a winning situation, he is going to resign with us. The Rams are going to have to offer him significantly more in my opinion to land him if they're battling against us, but I still think he gets away from Miami.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:51 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Due to all of Jake Long's injuries, it is taking a while to get his physical done.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

LOL wikipedia changed his team back to the Fins.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Big Dave wrote:
Due to all of Jake Long's injuries, it is taking a while to get his physical done.

We have a pretty nice offer on the table from what I am hearing, not sure the exact numbers but its not that far out of range that other teams can negotiate...

Long will be a Dolphin unless another team offers him the 10 - 11 mil he is looking for.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm not sure how much we've offered Long, but if the Rams want to get him they're going to have to flat out beat our offer. Because at the end of the day it had better be fiscally advantageous for someone to leave the only team they've ever known and pack up their family and all their things. Not only that but there are a lot of taxes involved in buying new mansions. So if the Rams want to get him, they can't just beat us by a few hundred thousand, it had better be a couple million more a season. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense for Long to leave Florida for Missouri.

I would love to see Jake return for around $7-8M a season so long as the contract is structured in a team friendly way that keeps his cap number low and give the Dolphins an out if he gets hurt again. If that is the case, I'm up for Long to return. Keeping him and drafting depth would be a good move.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:16 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
LOL wikipedia changed his team back to the Fins.

That's because anyone can go to wikipedia and change content.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:35 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The longer this goes, the better the chances of Jake returning to Miami. He is learning that teams have MAJOR concerns about his injury history the last few years as well as his decline in play.

He can still be a very effective OLT, but he is not what he was 2-3 years ago when you could make a valid case for him being the best OLT in the game.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
The longer this goes, the better the chances of Jake returning to Miami. He is learning that teams have MAJOR concerns about his injury history the last few years as well as his decline in play.

He can still be a very effective OLT, but he is not what he was 2-3 years ago when you could make a valid case for him being the best OLT in the game.

Any deal he signs will effectively commit a team to paying him handsomely for 2-3 years while he plays 50% of the games at a decreasing level. I don't even think he will be in football in 2 years.

I hope the Rams sign him. I'd rather move on.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]