View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Jaime Dukes is an idiot 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Jaime Dukes is an idiot
this guy was on NFL AM mocking Mike Wallace saying he chased the money and doesn't care about winning and that the Dolphins won't sniff the playoffs. I got news for you Jaime, this team is now better than the Super Bowl champion Ravens. Talk about a team that won't sniff the playoffs it's them. They lost the entire starting defense sans Ngata. Lost their best receiver and starting center.
Baltimore's lucky to win 7 games this year and Pittsburgh looks like a .500 team now. Cincinnati is now the best in that division by default. They should owe us compensation for the way we crippled Baltimore and Pittsburgh with our moves.

I firmly believe that only New England, Denver, Indianapolis and Houston are better teams than us right now in the AFC. So this ludicrous idea that we're not a playoff team is horse manure. We won 7 in Tanny's rookie year and should have won 9 or 10. This team is markedly better now.
You watch how many analysts predict the playoffs for this team after free agency and the draft are finally over.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:54 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Jaime Dukes is an idiot
We lost a starting CB, MLB, OLB, LT, TE, RB....and signed a WR, MLB, OLB.

How are we better?

Still plenty of moves that need to be made.

Also, because somebody doesn't think we're a playoff team they're an idiot? Didn't we go 7-9 after supposedly bringing us even with the Patriots in the 2010 Off Season? Let it play out dude.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:13 am

swerve13 wrote:
this guy was on NFL AM mocking Mike Wallace saying he chased the money and doesn't care about winning and that the Dolphins won't sniff the playoffs. I got news for you Jaime, this team is now better than the Super Bowl champion Ravens. Talk about a team that won't sniff the playoffs it's them. They lost the entire starting defense sans Ngata. Lost their best receiver and starting center.
Baltimore's lucky to win 7 games this year and Pittsburgh looks like a .500 team now. Cincinnati is now the best in that division by default. They should owe us compensation for the way we crippled Baltimore and Pittsburgh with our moves.

I firmly believe that only New England, Denver, Indianapolis and Houston are better teams than us right now in the AFC. So this ludicrous idea that we're not a playoff team is horse manure. We won 7 in Tanny's rookie year and should have won 9 or 10. This team is markedly better now.
You watch how many analysts predict the playoffs for this team after free agency and the draft are finally over.

:yay: actually we are even better than the teams you mentioned & looking at the schedule the only loss we may incur is if we have mental errors & beat ourselves. (jumping in the ring to challenge for the biggest homer award)

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:28 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

FINesse wrote:
:yay: actually we are even better than the teams you mentioned & looking at the schedule the only loss we may incur is if we have mental errors & beat ourselves. (jumping in the ring to challenge for the biggest homer award)

LOL you already scared me, :youwin:

Nobody cared when Wallace was a top NFL WR for back to back years making 6 figures a season, so why now are they concerened with his money...

Steelers were dumb to not lock him up mid way through the 2011 season, he was offended and he is playing somewhere else.
Wallace did not want to stay in Pitt.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:38 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
this guy was on NFL AM mocking Mike Wallace saying he chased the money and doesn't care about winning and that the Dolphins won't sniff the playoffs.

He did chase the money, but so are every other NFL player. Its the business and in today NFL to say a team will not win is asinine, considering the way teams turn things around
& frankly I'm not sure the Steelers will be a playoff team either.

swerve13 wrote:
I got news for you Jaime, this team is now better than the Super Bowl champion Ravens.
Miami is better at WR, but that is the only position I can say that about. Not sure about LB. This is not a knock on the new guys either. Just will have to see how they fit.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:46 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
We lost a starting CB, MLB, OLB, LT, TE, RB....and signed a WR, MLB, OLB.

How are we better?

Still plenty of moves that need to be made.

Also, because somebody doesn't think we're a playoff team they're an idiot? Didn't we go 7-9 after supposedly bringing us even with the Patriots in the 2010 Off Season? Let it play out dude.

seriously PR whoever we end up with at the cornerback position will be better than what we put out there last year. Even if it's 2 rookies. And left tackle wasn't a strength last year either.
I'm not worried about running back. I think Miller will be an upgrade.

He's an idiot for the arrogant way he was saying it. I guess you'd have to see it. He was belittling Miami and Wallace, and honestly from what i've seen Wallace seems like a pretty cool cat and a classy guy in his interviews. Dukes can think what he wants because it seems like many others in the media love what we are doing.

if the Colts can go from 2-12 to 11-5 in one season it's easy to see us winning 2 or 3 more games is all i'm saying. That's what most experts will eventually predict for us after we get a few more free agents and use all those picks.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:53 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think this video on NFL.com is a fair assessment of what the Dolphins have done so far.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/0ap2000000150223/Did-the-Dolphins-overpay-in-free-agency

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

if the Colts can go from 2-12 to 11-5 in one season it's easy to see us winning 2 or 3 more games is all i'm

They is RT. Just like the key last year for the Colts was A. Luck.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:42 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

They is RT. Just like the key last year for the Colts was A. Luck.

I agree Mak. Our season will be on the back of Ryan Tannehill. A good QB in the NFL means a world of difference. I am not even making any comparisons, but the reason guys like Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers are so elite is that they see the whole field on every snap, they are relaxed and confident in their ability and for the most part they have so much experience and awareness that they anticipate really well & it is like they can look at all 5 reads and even under duress they don't panic and most of the time beat their coverages.

Of course, Tannehill was just a rookie, but Andrew Luck was too and you can see how elite that kid will be as the game already slowed way down for him as the season went on. The game slowed a bit for Tannehill too, but his natural awareness and decision making is what we need to see him accomplish in a positive improvement for the upcoming 2013 season.

Luck, RG III, Wallace, Kaepernick are the up and comers, let's hope Tannehill in his second year can start flourishing more.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

You can't take anything Jaime Dukes or Warren Sapp say seriously... both of them talk out of their rears and have no right being analysts.

On the other hand, I absolutely love Scott Pioli as an analyst... he's not overpowering, brings solid football knowledge to the table and is never too quick to judge. I know he won't be an analyst long but hell we need more guys like him.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:18 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Sorry, it should have said RT is the key.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:23 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
this guy was on NFL AM mocking Mike Wallace saying he chased the money and doesn't care about winning and that the Dolphins won't sniff the playoffs.

He did chase the money, but so are every other NFL player. Its the business and in today NFL to say a team will not win is asinine, considering the way teams turn things around
& frankly I'm not sure the Steelers will be a playoff team either.

Based on the perceived perception of the Dolphins over the past few years, I'm not surprised. The Bills and Bucs were praised last year for their free agent expensive additions and were praised for it. Of course, hind sight says the Bills ended up being worst. I think the Bucs are on the way up.

So, Miami gets the shaft again from some of the media. Not a big deal. I hate that Wallace cost so much, but he gambled on a larger pay day than take the Steelers offer and it paid off for him. Now the pressure is on him (and Ireland) to earn the big contract.

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I got news for you Jaime, this team is now better than the Super Bowl champion Ravens.
Miami is better at WR, but that is the only position I can say that about. Not sure about LB. This is not a knock on the new guys either. Just will have to see how they fit.

I agree, Scot. I think the Dolphins are a better team than 2012, but as you said, our new linebackers are replacing a couple that really played ball. I don't see how our linebackers are better at the moment. I am excited about the possibilities of putting the quarterback on his rear end. We have some serious holes at LT and CB right now. And where is that pass rusher we've been hearing that we want to compliment Wake for the past couple of years? Maybe they are counting on Olivier Vernon to take the next step forward. Many were saying that he'd have been a first round pick if he'd waited another year to go into the draft.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:31 am
Profile WWW

John Abraham did visit but left without a contract. He's up in New England now.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:34 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:
Luck, RG III, Wallace, Kaepernick are the up and comers, let's hope Tannehill in his second year can start flourishing more.

For what its worth Tannehill was in the same conversations as them last season, and most of the top analysts saw a lot of upside potential claiming he was hindered by lack of players around him...

I recall a segmant at one point that Had RT in the mix of top 3 rookies... I think the late season push of the others is where he fell behind..

I am hoping we dont have to worry about that position for another 15 years, I saw enough last year to believe its possible and it seems they are putting some weapons around him to prove himself this year.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

we were already a better team than the Bucs or Bills were before we started signing really good players. We already had a strong nucleus in place. And now we just added Keller. I'm standing pat that we're now the 5th or 6th best team in the AFC.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Jets' top free-agent target is taking his talents to South Beach. Gibson, 25, is the latest mediocre talent to join GM Jeff Ireland's burgeoning "Dream Team," and should be slotted into his ideal role of No. 3 receiver behind Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline. Gibson can move the chains and is a threat in the red zone, but offers nothing after the catch and is prone to mental mistakes. His 108 yards after the catch were an absurd 167th in the NFL last season. With just one 100-yard game in 54 career contests, Gibson won't be a major threat for fantasy value as the fourth or fifth option in Miami's pass game. Davone Bess may be done in Miami.

Schefter is an idiot.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Quote:
Schefter is an idiot.

I agree ... until he praises a move we make , then he is a genius.

(I was waiting for a dream team reference)

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
Jets' top free-agent target is taking his talents to South Beach. Gibson, 25, is the latest mediocre talent to join GM Jeff Ireland's burgeoning "Dream Team," and should be slotted into his ideal role of No. 3 receiver behind Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline. Gibson can move the chains and is a threat in the red zone, but offers nothing after the catch and is prone to mental mistakes. His 108 yards after the catch were an absurd 167th in the NFL last season. With just one 100-yard game in 54 career contests, Gibson won't be a major threat for fantasy value as the fourth or fifth option in Miami's pass game. Davone Bess may be done in Miami.

Schefter is an idiot.

The quote above came from rotoworld, but Schefter wrote it up? WTF?

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Yes it came from Rotoworld...Schefters name was at the bottom.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]