View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Osi Umenyora 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Osi Umenyora
From Rotoworld....

Osi Umenyiora - DL - Giants Per USA Today's Mike Garafolo, the Lions and Dolphins have expressed interest in free agent Osi Umenyiora.
This is our first Umenyiora news blurb in nine days, which suggests either that league-wide interest in him is light or he's simply asking for far too much money. Osi needs to check his expectations because the defensive end market has produced far weaker contracts than players like Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett expected. Umenyiora may have to wind up settling for about $4 million a year.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Osi Umenyora
I say give him a one year deal for $5 million line him up on the other side of Wake and watch our CB's look a lot better.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:50 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
I say give him a one year deal for $5 million line him up on the other side of Wake and watch our CB's look a lot better.

Yep. :yay:

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'd rather have Dumervil. He's younger and more productive recently. But at the same time I'd still be very happy with Umenyora. The man is a great player as well. If the reports are true that he's only going to command about $4M a season, then I'd love to see the Dolphins sign him for 2 years $8-10M. He'd be a great fit.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:44 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

wkloiber13 wrote:
I'd rather have Dumervil. He's younger and more productive recently. But at the same time I'd still be very happy with Umenyora. The man is a great player as well. If the reports are true that he's only going to command about $4M a season, then I'd love to see the Dolphins sign him for 2 years $8-10M. He'd be a great fit.

I agree. Osi is still very explosive off the edge. It would also give Olivier Vernon more time to develop also.

It's a buyer's market.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:05 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

ESPN wrote:
The Miami Dolphins are reportedly interested in free agent defensive end Osi Umenyiora.

Morning take: Umenyiora could be a good situational pass-rusher for Miami, but I'm not sure he's affordable. The Dolphins still have money to spend and are looking to add second-tier free agents.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -in-week-1

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Whichever one is cheaper between Dumervil and Umenyora and is willing to come in and play a role rather than be an every down player. They are equally terrible against the run.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:39 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I am not sure what kind of serious interest is out there for Osi, but I keep reading that the longer some of these free agents languish without a deal the better the chances of getting them for a bit less money.

Osi would be a nice addition for pass rushing though and I definitely think having another veteran opposite Wake would be a smart move besides the draft & then of course looking forward to Vernon's second year.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We could do ourselves a huge favor if we were able to sign Umenyora and Winston before the draft. Going into the draft with only one serious need would be excellent and open us up to drafting best player available.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I would rather find someone younger.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

rodneyfaile wrote:

it reminds me of the days with Trace Armstrong.....putting him opposite JT on passing downs.

Trace was older by the time he played for the Fins, so he didn't mind playing less snaps while still getting to go after the QB. Not sure if a younger guy would be ok in this type role?

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:47 pm

rodneyfaile wrote:

You can do both. Sign a veteran to a one year deal and bring him in on passing downs and draft a defensive end to develop for the future.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

You can do both. Sign a veteran to a one year deal and bring him in on passing downs and draft a defensive end to develop for the future.

I'm praying this is Ireland's plan!

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

I agree, and you could say the exact same thing about the RT position. If the Dolphins signed Eric Winston and Osi Umenyora in free agency, drafted a CB in the 1st round, and then drafted an OT and DE in the 2nd, they'd set themselves up pretty good.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]