View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Brandon Gibson's Contract 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Brandon Gibson's Contract
Per Rotoworld

3/15/2013: Signed a three-year, $9.78 million contract. The deal contains $3.75 million guaranteed -- a $3 million signing bonus and Gibson's first-year base salary. 2013: $750,000, 2014-2015: Under Contract, 2016: Free Agent

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:15 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Brandon Gibson's Contract
Seems like 4th or 5th WR money to me.

Everyone's freaking out about Bess, but remember Philbin comes from a team that uses a lot of options on the passing game.

Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, James Jones

Their top 5 WR's in no specific order.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:43 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Signed a three-year, $9.78 million contract. The deal contains $3.75 million guaranteed -- a $3 million signing bonus and Gibson's first-year base salary.

It kind of makes you wonder why the Rams didn't want him back. Then again, I'm not sure if I'd pay Davone Bess that.

IamPZ wrote:
Everyone's freaking out about Bess, but remember Philbin comes from a team that uses a lot of options on the passing game.

I hope we keep him and let Bess and Gibson battle it out for the #3 WR position. Would the Dolphins want to pay $2.63 million for a #4 wide receiver this year?

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
It kind of makes you wonder why the Rams didn't want him back. Then again, I'm not sure if I'd pay Davone Bess that.

I was expecting they would let Hartline go for his $6m a year asking price. And would replace him with someone of this cailber.

I'm surprised you think Bess isn't even worth that much. I'd extend him for that price right now as well as draft a rookie, giving us: Wallace, Hartline, Bess, Gibson and a solid rookie as our WR core for the next 5 years!

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:14 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

degs wrote:
I'm surprised you think Bess isn't even worth that much. I'd extend him for that price right now as well as draft a rookie, giving us: Wallace, Hartline, Bess, Gibson and a solid rookie as our WR core for the next 5 years!

Actually I am wondering if Ireland wants to pay that for a #4 WR. I would, especially if that person were Bess. I think you need 4 very good receivers for this type of offense.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
degs wrote:

Actually I am wondering if Ireland wants to pay that for a #4 WR. I would, especially if that person were Bess. I think you need 4 very good receivers for this type of offense.

I get the impression that if Ireland did not want to pay for Bess, Bess would have been cut within an hour of Gibson being signed. I also get the impression that Philbin understands the value of having options in the receiving game.

As I said before, imagine drafting another WR in the 3rd round (or higher). We would actually have DEPTH at the position. Wow! What a concept!

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]