View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:37 am



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bleacher Report Ranks Wake the No. 1, 4-3 DE 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1301
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Bleacher Report Ranks Wake the No. 1, 4-3 DE
Bleacher report ranked the top 50, 4-3 DEs. Cam came in first! Olivier Vernon is 39th.......not bad for the rookie.

A few others of note:

Osi Umenyiora (Atl) - 31st
Elvis Dumervil (Bal) - 27th
Mario Williams (Buf) - 22nd
Chandler Jones (NE) - 18th
John Abraham - 8th, Free Agent

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444339-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-50-4-3-defensive-ends


Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4589
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Bleacher Report Ranks Wake the No. 1, 4-3 DE
shularino wrote:
Bleacher report ranked the top 50, 4-3 DEs. Cam came in first! Olivier Vernon is 39th.......not bad for the rookie.

A few others of note:

Osi Umenyiora (Atl) - 31st
Elvis Dumervil (Bal) - 27th
Mario Williams (Buf) - 22nd
Chandler Jones (NE) - 18th
John Abraham - 8th, Free Agent

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444339-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-50-4-3-defensive-ends



I did not even read his name, all I see in his picture and when I do the slide show it goes through 50 guys with Watt as # 1...

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 321
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Post Re: Bleacher Report Ranks Wake the No. 1, 4-3 DE
10acjed wrote:
shularino wrote:
Bleacher report ranked the top 50, 4-3 DEs. Cam came in first! Olivier Vernon is 39th.......not bad for the rookie.

A few others of note:

Osi Umenyiora (Atl) - 31st
Elvis Dumervil (Bal) - 27th
Mario Williams (Buf) - 22nd
Chandler Jones (NE) - 18th
John Abraham - 8th, Free Agent

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444339-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-50-4-3-defensive-ends



I did not even read his name, all I see in his picture and when I do the slide show it goes through 50 guys with Watt as # 1...



You must have somehow clicked on the 3-4 DE slideshow lower on the page. The link shows 4-3 DEs with Vernon #39 and Wake #1


Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:36 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3118
Location: MA.
Post Re: Bleacher Report Ranks Wake the No. 1, 4-3 DE
Chandler Jones had one sack in his last 10 games and only 47 tackles all year..

And he is 18th best in the NFL?


Last edited by Kev1321 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:21 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 898
Post Re: Bleacher Report Ranks Wake the No. 1, 4-3 DE
It's bleacher report. Imo it's the sports equivalent of the National Enquirer.


Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:23 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1301
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Re: Bleacher Report Ranks Wake the No. 1, 4-3 DE
Just to be clear, they're ranking the best DEs who played a majority of their snaps, in 2012, in a 4-3. In 2012, 20 of the 32 teams ran a 4-3. So if that's their criteria, then a maximum of 40 of the players should be their team's intended starters (2 starting DEs in a 4-3). So any player, ranking above 20 is in the bottom half for starters, vice versa, any player scoring 20 or below is in the top half for starters. Like, Vernon, they also considered non-starters as they evaluated the top 50. Though they rated Vernon higher than Odrick, since Odrick didn't make the list. In fairness, Odrick also plays DT.

If interested, here's a breakdown of each team's D.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1283271-breaking-down-the-defensive-schemes-for-all-32-nfl-teams


Last edited by shularino on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:26 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Bleacher Report Ranks Wake the No. 1, 4-3 DE
Kev1321 wrote:
Chandler Jones had one sack in his last 10 games and only 47 tackles all year..

And he is 18th best in the NFL?


It's Bleacher Report, so take it with a grain of salt

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1301
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Re: Bleacher Report Ranks Wake the No. 1, 4-3 DE
cspooner13 wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Chandler Jones had one sack in his last 10 games and only 47 tackles all year..

And he is 18th best in the NFL?


It's Bleacher Report, so take it with a grain of salt


Per my last post, 18 is about the middle mark for starting 4-3 DEs.


Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.