View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Cooper, Warmack, and Fluker 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Cooper, Warmack, and Fluker
I've got a question for those of you who are more into the game-film than I am. What are the chances that a Johnathan Cooper, Chance Warmack or D.J. Fluker could be moved to the tackle position?

Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Cooper, Warmack, and Fluker
cspooner13 wrote:
I've got a question for those of you who are more into the game-film than I am. What are the chances that a Johnathan Cooper, Chance Warmack or D.J. Fluker could be moved to the tackle position?

Cooper has the feet to possibly play OT, but neither have the ideal height to play OT. Warmack has the arm length at 34 1/4", but Cooper arms are considered to short at 33". Fluker is already a ORT, but he is definitely a better fit in a power blocking scheme. Warmack is a OG, PERIOD. Does not have the movement skills to be a OT.

Now if you want a kid that has played OG, but has also played OT and can definitely play OT, Kyle Long of Oregon would be your guy.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Cooper and Warmack are elite guard prospects. Either guy would be a nice upgrade to our interior offensive line. Like someone posted before, Fluker is an ORT, and a very good one at that. I'm still hoping we're able to draft Lane Johnson at 12, or sign Eric Winston, draft Jonathan Cooper this year, and draft Jake Matthews next year.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:12 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

sounds like teams are considering drafting Fluker to play guard

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:32 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

phinsfansc wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

Cooper has the feet to possibly play OT, but neither have the ideal height to play OT. Warmack has the arm length at 34 1/4", but Cooper arms are considered to short at 33". Fluker is already a ORT, but he is definitely a better fit in a power blocking scheme. Warmack is a OG, PERIOD. Does not have the movement skills to be a OT.

Now if you want a kid that has played OG, but has also played OT and can definitely play OT, Kyle Long of Oregon would be your guy.

Long's arms are a little on the short side as well.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:21 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Rich wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

Long's arms are a little on the short side as well.

They are Rich. But he certainly has the height and the footwork to be a solid OT.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:32 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

So many of the college tackles entering the draft will have to move to guard. Another reason why this tackle class has become so weak.

Long, Pugh, Wagner, Aboushi.....at first were all talked about as highly rated tackles but when the film was watched and the measurements were taken alot of teams moved them to guard. It thinned out the tackle ranks and only the famous 3 ascended above the pack to be high level left tackle prospects.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Fluker is a RT, yes. So I should have specified that I was asking about the potential for either of them to be moved to LT at some point. Obviously not right away, but sometime down the road.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

cspooner13 wrote:
Fluker is a RT, yes. So I should have specified that I was asking about the potential for either of them to be moved to LT at some point. Obviously not right away, but sometime down the road.

Quite honestly, I don't think any of those kids can make the move to OLT. If the Dolphins want to grab an OLT, it needs to be Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Watson or Armstead.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:54 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Personally I'm really high on Terron Armstead, as I've stated before in this forum

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

cspooner13 wrote:
Personally I'm really high on Terron Armstead, as I've stated before in this forum

Same here......

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

very high praise.

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock explained on Path to the Draft Friday that he moved Eric Fisher ahead of Luke Joeckel on his offensive tackle rankings because Fisher offers more upside.
"I just happen to think that Fisher's ceiling is a little bit higher," Mayock said, citing Fisher's superior length, athleticism, and quicker feet. Mayock insisted that Fisher, Joeckel, and Lane Johnson all have All-Pro NFL potential. They're also likely to all be top-11 draft picks, and quite possibly top 7.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:20 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Honestly, I think my favorite out of the three of them would be Lane Johnson

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
very high praise.

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock explained on Path to the Draft Friday that he moved Eric Fisher ahead of Luke Joeckel on his offensive tackle rankings because Fisher offers more upside.
"I just happen to think that Fisher's ceiling is a little bit higher," Mayock said, citing Fisher's superior length, athleticism, and quicker feet. Mayock insisted that Fisher, Joeckel, and Lane Johnson all have All-Pro NFL potential. They're also likely to all be top-11 draft picks, and quite possibly top 7.

I saw that tonight on the show.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

cspooner13 wrote:
Honestly, I think my favorite out of the three of them would be Lane Johnson

I kinda think Fisher and Johnson will end up being better than Joeckel. Those two are giant athletes.
But Mayock just said he thinks all 3 have the potential to be as good as Joe Thomas. WOW!

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree with this

Quote:
Citing "whispers around the league," ESPN's Adam Schefter hinted on his blog that Alabama OG Chance Warmack could be in for a draft-day mini-slide.
Schefter believes it "wouldn't be completely shocking" if Warmack were available at the Cowboys' No. 18 overall selection. Warmack is a lock first-rounder, but keep in mind many pegged David DeCastro as a top 10-15 pick last April and he lasted to the Steelers' pick at 24. Guard is not a coveted NFL position.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I've ways thought Cooper and Warmack would go later than most are mocking. I'd never take a guard that early.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
I've ways thought Cooper and Warmack would go later than most are mocking. I'd never take a guard that early.

warmack's name has cooled over the past month while Cooper is a real hot name heading up to the draft. I'm thinking he goes top 12. Heard the Titans love him, and want to get the run game back to where it use to be.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]