View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 Why does Roto HATE the Dolphins? 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Why does Roto HATE the Dolphins?
please give me an example of Roto praising the Dolphins because I can't remember a time when they did. Here is another bash from this BS site....

Jonathan Martin - T - Dolphins Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin performed worse at left tackle than right tackle last season.
Martin allowed 19 hurries in 216 pass-blocking snaps at left tackle, compared to 28 in 372 at right. Martin, of course, is the favorite to protect Ryan Tannehill's blindside this season. After an offseason of reckless spending at nearly every other position, the Dolphins are rolling the dice on one of the most important spots on the field. Tannehill could pay a heavy price for the decision. Source: Erik Frenz on Twitter Apr 5 - 12:55 PM

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Why does Roto HATE the Dolphins?
well i actually think they are correct in this case. We don't look good at tackle right now.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:01 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
well i actually think they are correct in this case. We don't look good at tackle right now.

He not talking about that statement. We all know there is a question at OLT in regards to Martin. He is talking about the Bullcrap statement about the "RECKLESS" spending Miami has done.

Rotoworld and WalterFootball.com have been hard on Miami and the spending. It irks me big time.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Seems like any team that makes a huge free agency splash gets talked about in this way. Happens every year.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
Seems like any team that makes a huge free agency splash gets talked about in this way. Happens every year.

Didn't the Dolphins and specifically Ireland get roasted by the media last year for not spending in free agency? I seem to also remember the media giving the Bills props for throwing money around last year.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:27 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:

St. Louis has been active, and the contract they gave TE Jared Cook was just ridiculous. Don't see them getting the heat that Miami is. Buffalo spent big last year and I don't recall them catching the hell Miami is either.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:28 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Win ... it will solve everything.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:33 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

swerve13 wrote:

The Eagles were being chosen as Superbowl favorites after their big free agency spree.

I guess all those guys that were wrong back then are trying to make up for it now.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think it's just fashionable to hate anything Ireland does until he proves he can put a winner on the field. Here's hoping that this is the seasons the Phins show that they are going in the right direction.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:44 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Walterfootball despises the Dolphins and especially Ireland i swear

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:44 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The Eagles were being chosen as Superbowl favorites after their big free agency spree.

I guess all those guys that were wrong back then are trying to make up for it now.

For sure and Vick sucks.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:00 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

pauspe wrote:
I think it's just fashionable to hate anything Ireland does until he proves he can put a winner on the field. Here's hoping that this is the seasons the Phins show that they are going in the right direction.

Very true.......

Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Oh noez..... I can't believe Roto doesn't like us.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:42 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'm loving it at this point. The dumbest thing Ireland could do would be to not bring in new talent. We're setting the table for years to come & when we continue to steadily improve I hope they're still hating.

Its become funny enough that i'll join em; I saw Ireland at dinner the other night & he liked his food so much he left an almost %30 tip. I don't know how he can be so foolish

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:28 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

One time Ireland saw a soda can on the sidewalk & he kicked it instead of recycling. He'll never save the world while being so careless.

Ireland was putting gas in his car this morning & he meant to stop at $40 but he accidentally poured 7 cents extra. Doesn't he know he didn't that much more fuel?

When Ireland is playing Double Dragons on NES he always takes the time to kick the Glitch spot until he has totally full hearts. He doesn't even need the ability boost because hes already good enough at the game but hes just an excessive person.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:42 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

St. Louis has been active, and the contract they gave TE Jared Cook was just ridiculous. Don't see them getting the heat that Miami is. Buffalo spent big last year and I don't recall them catching the hell Miami is either.

Buffalo hasn't been relevant since the days of their Super Bowl runs. I don't think anyone would notice at this point if the media were ripping them

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

exactly. But really, I could care less what people say about us. Haters be hatin!

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:22 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

..... we shouldn't have signed all these good players. We should have resigned all the guys we had so that we could be just as good as we were last year. No sense taking unnecessary risks I say. We just look desperate now; almost like we want to win. I hate being desperate. ...sigh...

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:53 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Its not that they hate or do not like the Dolphins. They dislike Jeff Ireland.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:

Not likely. Dolphins fans think everyone in the universe thinks of Ireland and especially Ross as a joke. Truth is, 99% of fans outside of South Florida cant even name the Dolphins owner or GM.

It really is unexplained why some places hate the Dolohins. We aren't the only fans that feel this way but there definitely is something to it

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:53 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

You know what the say about opinions....

Martin did a credible job at both tackle positions last year and he improved as the season went along which is a good reason to believe that he is going to be even better in his second year.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:42 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

degs wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

Not likely. Dolphins fans think everyone in the universe thinks of Ireland and especially Ross as a joke. Truth is, 99% of fans outside of South Florida cant even name the Dolphins owner or GM.

It really is unexplained why some places hate the Dolohins. We aren't the only fans that feel this way but there definitely is something to it

The media is based out of NY....About all the insider guys are Billycheat suckasses.....
And half the guys on ESPN and NFLN are ex Patriots.
I find that as the root of the problem

Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:43 am

catman_56 wrote:
You know what the say about opinions....

Martin did a credible job at both tackle positions last year and he improved as the season went along which is a good reason to believe that he is going to be even better in his second year.

The worst rated tackle in the NFL did a credible job?

Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The worst rated tackle in the NFL did a credible job?

Rich, until Martin and his play dough body and strength improves, I will probably always be nervous really counting on him as a pillar on Miami''s line. I sure hope the strength coach made him a priority in the off season to make him stronger in the weight room.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:31 am

Once again the local media down here seems to hate the Dolphins. So the ex Patriot thing or the NY thing does not really hold water anyway.
As I said winning solves everything. Until that happens teams like the Dolphins , Bills , Chiefs , Jaguars , etc. who have not done anything in like a ..... friggin decade deserves to be hated on if that is the term you want to use.
This is the method to my madness ... being deemed the negative one. All these losing seasons of not doing squat but then coming to this site & reading how we are close , how Dolphin players are #1 in totally meaningless stats , how it is really the referees fault , or injuries (when our lack of depth had been exposes) , how year after year every meaningless move was praised until that player wasnt on the field a few weeks later , and then being offended by these TRUE opinions. I can go on and on but not many will agree with me so I wont. And then finally this off season it was realized by the front office so a BUNCH of moves were FINALLY made. That is an admission of all, that.
We have all that cap space for a reason. You dont see the teams who win year after year with all that cap space.
Whether these moves will work or not will be determined but as one who has been hard on this team I can tell you they were necessary because we were not close , good , etc and moral victories seem to only count here.
So anyway , win & the press will praise if that is really important anyway. Because right now those opinions like i said are deserved.
By the way ... who the hell is Rotoworld anyway? Any why even care about them.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:39 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
•The New England Patriots only have five selections in this year's NFL draft.
Morning take: The Patriots are usually the opposite. But poor decisions to trade picks for veterans like Albert Haynesworth and Chad Johnson caught up to New England this year. The Patriots also can trade down to acquire more picks.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... t-shortage

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Come on we all know why people love to hate the Dolphins ... perfect season.

Go ahead guys pop the cork.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]