View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Keenan Allen 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Keenan Allen
Allen finally worked out today and his 40 times have a ridiculous range of 4.45 to 4.75.

Most are in the 4.5 range though, which is a pretty good time for him. Still, because of his medical concerns I think there's a decent chance he could be there for Miami at #42.

If they don't go Austin/Eifert at 12, I could see Allen being the pick. He'd add the big presence at pass catcher that you're missing, plus be the replacement for Bess in the slot.

He's not talked about a lot anymore, but I think he's a legit option in the 2nd round.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:42 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Keenan Allen
I think he is worth taking and becoming a possible future replacement for Hartline.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
He's not talked about a lot anymore, but I think he's a legit option in the 2nd round.

Pretty noticeable how all of the WRs have dropped off in mock drafts and discussions after free agency hit.

I've seen Markus Wheaton and Terrence Williams, two guys we talked about being mid 2nd rounders, dropping to late 3rd and mid 4th round options.

I don't know that Allen drops too far, especially with the Vikings, Rams, Bengals, Patriots, Texans and Ravens (probably forgetting another team) needing a good receiver. He may be hurt, but he's been considered a first round talent for a while.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Pretty noticeable how all of the WRs have dropped off in mock drafts and discussions after free agency hit.

I've seen Markus Wheaton and Terrence Williams, two guys we talked about being mid 2nd rounders, dropping to late 3rd and mid 4th round options.

I don't know that Allen drops too far, especially with the Vikings, Rams, Bengals, Patriots, Texans and Ravens (probably forgetting another team) needing a good receiver. He may be hurt, but he's been considered a first round talent for a while.

I was watching the NFL Network yesterday, and they showed New England's depth chart at receiver. I realize they have the best tight end duo in the NFL, but behind Danny Amendola, their entire squad of WRs are a bunch of no-names. I was surprised, losing Welker should without a doubt hurt them this season. Not to mention Gronk possibly entering a 4th surgery on his forearm and missing a few games as well.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:55 am

I think the Pats have their eyes on Hopkins or Patton. Both more explosive than Allen.

Keenan is a slot WR. Not what the Pats are really looking for.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:10 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I like Swope myself, kid is quick too, low 4.3...

Would not mind seeing him end up here, he had a huge 2011 year with Tanne at A&M. I could see him in Hartline or Bess's role, or a little of both depending on what they are doing with WR sets...

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If the Dolphins are at all serious about moving Davone Bess, then they should attempt to trade back with Minnesota. If Miami trades their 1st and Bess for Minnesota's two 1st round picks, that's a fair trade.

In that scenario the Dolphins would have a shot to draft two players. They could draft a tightend (ie. Eifert), an offensive tackle (ie. Fluker), a guard (ie. Cooper), or a receiver (ie. Patterson, Austin, Allen).

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:54 am

wkloiber13 wrote:
If the Dolphins are at all serious about moving Davone Bess, then they should attempt to trade back with Minnesota. If Miami trades their 1st and Bess for Minnesota's two 1st round picks, that's a fair trade.

In that scenario the Dolphins would have a shot to draft two players. They could draft a tightend (ie. Eifert), an offensive tackle (ie. Fluker), a guard (ie. Cooper), or a receiver (ie. Patterson, Austin, Allen).

There is no way Miami would get close to that for the 12th pick. Even with Bess in there.

I'd say maybe a 1, 3 and 6 or something.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

There is no way Miami would get close to that for the 12th pick. Even with Bess in there.

The points equivalent for Minnesota's two picks is our 1st and 3rd. Bess is worth a 3rd round pick in my opinion. Bess and a 1st is the equivalent of their two 1st round picks. If they need a 5th or 7th to sweeten the deal, that wouldn't be hard to get done.

Minnesota needs a slot receiver since Harvin is gone. They probably won't be able to get Austin. Adding Bess in the slot would fill an area of need and free them up to go after someone like Patterson at 12. That way they'd have Jennings, Bess, and Patterson.

We'd be able to go after any one of a multitude of players, including Eifert, Allen, Fluker, Cooper, etc.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:05 am

wkloiber13 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

The points equivalent for Minnesota's two picks is our 1st and 3rd. Bess is worth a 3rd round pick in my opinion. Bess and a 1st is the equivalent of their two 1st round picks. If they need a 5th or 7th to sweeten the deal, that wouldn't be hard to get done.

Minnesota needs a slot receiver since Harvin is gone. They probably won't be able to get Austin. Adding Bess in the slot would fill an area of need and free them up to go after someone like Patterson at 12. That way they'd have Jennings, Bess, and Patterson.

We'd be able to go after any one of a multitude of players, including Eifert, Allen, Fluker, Cooper, etc.

So you're saying 2 3rd round picks are worth a 1st round pick?

Miami went all the way from 12 to 28 in 2010 and got a 2nd round pick in return. Miami had to throw in a late round pick.

You MIGHT be able to pull off a 2nd rounder from Minny, but I don't even see that happening.

Regardless, I can't see them trading down that far.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:13 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

Miami went all the way from 12 to 28 in 2010 and got a 2nd round pick in return. Miami had to throw in a late round pick.

You MIGHT be able to pull off a 2nd rounder from Minny, but I don't even see that happening.

No, I'm saying our 12th overall pick and either Davone Bess or a 3rd round pick is worth their two 1st round picks.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:24 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

wkloiber13 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

No, I'm saying our 12th overall pick and either Davone Bess or a 3rd round pick is worth their two 1st round picks.

I think you throw the value chart out the window with this draft. Minnesota isn't getting one of the elite prospects at 12 but they have a chance to grab very good LB, WR, CB or S prospects with those 2 first rounders. I'd stay put or only jump up a few spots if I were them.

If a team in the teens really wants Austin, Cooper, Eifert or Rhodes and wants to leap frog a few teams then I could see Miami dealing back.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

we can get 2 wrs in the 3rd rd swope and wheaton or the 2 that would be great here

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
I think you throw the value chart out the window with this draft. Minnesota isn't getting one of the elite prospects at 12 but they have a chance to grab very good LB, WR, CB or S prospects with those 2 first rounders. I'd stay put or only jump up a few spots if I were them.

If a team in the teens really wants Austin, Cooper, Eifert or Rhodes and wants to leap frog a few teams then I could see Miami dealing back.

The only time teams throw the value chart out is when it comes to quarterbacks. I think it's becoming apparent that there isn't an elite quarterback prospect in this year's draft.

But if the Vikings think there is an elite receiver, lineman, passrusher, etc at 12, then the deal might get done. I'm not saying this is something that will happen, I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:41 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Rotoworld had him at 4.71 & 4.75, but there is talk that he is still not 100% healthy. Speed is not his calling card to begin with, so it sounds like it may not hurt him to badly if you listen to the guys from the NFL Network who still think he goes in the 1st round.

Mayock thinks he goes somewhere between mid twenties and early 40's.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:04 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I know what Mayock thinks, and frankly I trust him more than a lot of other so-called "experts", but I don't see Allen slipping past the late twenties

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

i'm pretty sure I heard that the league altered that trade value chart.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:22 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

mia305 wrote:
we can get 2 wrs in the 3rd rd swope and wheaton or the 2 that would be great here

Just so folks will know this, Ryan Swope has serious medical concerns in regards to concussions. I like the kid's talent, but this has Jahvid Best/Austin Collie written all over it.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]