View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:59 am



Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 NOW we should trade up for Lane Johnson 
Author Message
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21751
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: NOW we should trade up for Lane Johnson
10acjed wrote:
Makchell wrote:
In fact, some people have proposed cutting all of the offensive linemen on the team since we don't need them anymore.

Dang, who said that? I don't remember reading that post.


A bit of an exaggeration


Or a joke at the expense of someone who exaggerates what others are saying?

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:41 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4617
Post Re: NOW we should trade up for Lane Johnson
Quote:
Selecting a fifth offensive lineman in the draft's first two-rounds since 2007 certainly isn't sexy


This tells me Miami is failing somewhere. Whether it be at scouting or in the development of these players.


Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:30 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21751
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: NOW we should trade up for Lane Johnson
Dphins4me wrote:
Quote:
Selecting a fifth offensive lineman in the draft's first two-rounds since 2007 certainly isn't sexy


This tells me Miami is failing somewhere. Whether it be at scouting or in the development of these players.


Disagree.

Most of those selections have been good players.

Jake Long, Mike Pouncey, Samson Satele... none of them are busts. Still waiting on Jonathan Martin.

Jake Long simply broke down physically... Pouncey is an arrow up player.

Satele is still in the league with the Colts. He was simply a victim of circumstance. He got drafted by one regime in 2007 that believed in zone blocking, but he was not a system fit in 2008 when they went to a power blocking scheme. He's not a worldbeater, but is a starting caliber player.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:37 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4617
Post Re: NOW we should trade up for Lane Johnson
Rich wrote:
Disagree.

Most of those selections have been good players.

Jake Long, Mike Pouncey, Samson Satele... none of them are busts. Still waiting on Jonathan Martin.

Jake Long simply broke down physically... Pouncey is an arrow up player.

Satele is still in the league with the Colts. He was simply a victim of circumstance. He got drafted by one regime in 2007 that believed in zone blocking, but he was not a system fit in 2008 when they went to a power blocking scheme. He's not a worldbeater, but is a starting caliber player.

Now we are back to changing OLman again. Constance change brings no change.

Has Satele been a good starting player is the question?


Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6768
Post Re: NOW we should trade up for Lane Johnson
Disagree.

Most of those selections have been good players.

Jake Long, Mike Pouncey, Samson Satele... none of them are busts. Still waiting on Jonathan Martin.

Jake Long simply broke down physically... Pouncey is an arrow up player.

Satele is still in the league with the Colts. He was simply a victim of circumstance. He got drafted by one regime in 2007 that believed in zone blocking, but he was not a system fit in 2008 when they went to a power blocking scheme. He's not a worldbeater, but is a starting caliber player.



Yes they are "solid" players, but we haven't won a SB drafting that way. it's time to draft playmakers, not safe OL picks.


Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:41 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21751
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: NOW we should trade up for Lane Johnson
Dphins4me wrote:
Now we are back to changing OLman again. Constance change brings no change.


Exactly, every regime wants their players and every 2-3 years we have a new regime.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21751
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: NOW we should trade up for Lane Johnson
Makchell wrote:
Yes they are "solid" players, but we haven't won a SB drafting that way. it's time to draft playmakers, not safe OL picks.


That wasn't the point I was making, though.

I am in agreement with taking a playmaker.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finhead34, Google [Bot], StereoMike and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.