View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 (espn) Marshall to Dolphins rumors circulating 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post (espn) Marshall to Dolphins rumors circulating
Quote:
By Tim Graham
By the time most folks have had their morning coffee and checked in with the AFC East blog, this item might be irrelevant.

But for your night owls and predawn risers, here's a snapshot of what's going on in what's believed to be a fast-moving and fluid process.

There are notable rumblings the Miami Dolphins are in legitimate pursuit of Denver Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall.

Two Miami Herald columnists, Greg Cote and Armando Salguero, independently blogged about it late Tuesday night.

Cote writes "I am as hopeful as I have been in a long while that Marshall could actually end up in Miami before the draft" and "genuine interest is there."

Salguero apologized for citing some backchannel info, but passed along some whispers that supposedly originated in the Broncos' locker room.

The Seattle Seahawks are believed to be the other top candidate for Marshall. The Seahawks hosted Marshall, but declined to sign the restricted free agent to an offer sheet.

As NFC West warden Mike Sando shared a quote Seahawks coach Pete Carroll delivered about Marshall on Tuesday: "We've done our homework and done our research on that. Really, it's not in our hands. The Broncos have some things that they have to do. We're on alert here."

NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora reported Tuesday the Dolphins are shopping receiver Ted Ginn. That would seem to signal the Dolphins have another move in the works. Ginn is their only receiver who can stretch the field -- albeit ineffectively because he drops too many passes. But dealing him without a replacement in mind would be reckless.

In considering the currency of the day, the Dolphins own the 12th, 43rd and 73rd picks through the first three rounds of the draft.

The Seahawks hold the sixth, 14th and 60th picks.

:jests: :jests:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:08 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: (espn) Marshall to Dolphins rumors circulating
10acjed wrote:
Cote writes "I am as hopeful as I have been in a long while that Marshall could actually end up in Miami before the draft" and "genuine interest is there."

Most of his 'tude issues are that he feels underpaid for what he puts on the field. If we do trade for him he will have that contract that he definitely deserves.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:13 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Once again with the Jets picking up Holmes for a 5th, maybe the Phins FO can give up Ginn, a late rounder, and perhaps something for next year. I mean, I believe that we might be able to get him with a player and a pick and that pick doesn't have to be our 2nd rounder. Then we can take defense on every pick if thats what the FO wants to do, or what if they pick up Marshall and still draft Dez. We would have a 1-2 combo that only the Cardinals and maybe Saints only have. I mean thats getting greedy but hey no one can ever complain about our WR's again.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:18 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I really hope they are able to work out a trade to bring Marshall to Miami. Miami would be able to fill a huge need with a young proven NFL WR. Instead of hoping they able to draft someone who will be a legit #1 WR. I'd send Miami's 3rd round pick and Ginn or Smiley to Denver in a heart beat if that would get it done.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]