View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 trade rumors 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post trade rumors
According to Omar on his twitter with @PFCentral, "Phins trying to move up for any of big 3 OTs, more likely something cooking with Cleveland, if they don't trade down with SD."

I am so torn about what I want to happen. A trade up to get a solid OT would be better than a trade for Albert for several reasons; we'd have him cheaper than what Albert will cost, and for longterm, so it will be cheaper for years. Then again, a trade back with SD could get us Eifert and another draft pick, and then we can still trade for Albert to take care of the OT dilemma.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Post Re: trade rumors
A 1st and a 2nd for an OT would be better than a 2nd for one?

Give me Albert and Eifert over Lane Johnson and nothing....

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:

I get that, PR, and I am with you if it's just that simple. My hesitation is in not feeling great about putting that kind of cash into Albert. Not sure he's worth the payday or the draft compensation. I guess I'd feel better if I had seen him play. Wasn't he rated 28th or so among tackles? Was that among Left tackles, or all tackles? Then there are the injury questions...

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

With the Bucs getting Revis (thank goodness for him being gone), and the Jets now owning the 9th and 13th pics, they will likely take at least one of the best corners in the draft. I'd rather us draft a corner first overall and trade for Albert than with our 2nd 2nd rounder.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:08 pm

k-dash wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I get that, PR, and I am with you if it's just that simple. My hesitation is in not feeling great about putting that kind of cash into Albert. Not sure he's worth the payday or the draft compensation. I guess I'd feel better if I had seen him play. Wasn't he rated 28th or so among tackles? Was that among Left tackles, or all tackles? Then there are the injury questions...

Last year he was rated the 9th best pass protecting LT. The previous season he was 4th. This was after major improvement from year 2 to 3, and then 3 to 4.

His run blocking is average, although I'm not to concerned with that out of my LT.

Outside of last season's back problems, he's been very healthy.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:09 pm
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

Brandon Albert is not quite Pro Bowl level, but he is a very good OLT. Left Tackles get PAID, and Albert is a proven commodity.

For all the hype about the Big 3, they have yet to prove their worth in the NFL. Jeff Ireland is really not in a position to take a chance on an unproven kid at OLT protecting Tanehill's blind side.

I've read some post were people have said why not just pay Jake Long. Well, as much as I liked Jake, his body has been ravaged by injuries the last few years. Albert is much healthier than Jake and probably at this stage, a better pass protector.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

k-dash wrote:

The draft compensation? You don't think a top 10 LT is worth a second round pick? As was just said, other than his back injury last season, he's been pretty durable throughout his career. I would have no problem giving up a second round pick (of which we have two) and signing this guy to a 3 or 4 year contract at $7-8 million per year. A good investment in the development of Tannehill and the team as a whole. I think it's a deal that has to get done.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Why not trade for Albert who is proven and then hope that a Cooper, a top DE who another team may fall in love with, maybe a team falls in love with Vaccaro or ( and this is very possible) a team like Minnesota falls for Tayvon and we can get both 1st round picks? I just think that this possibility is way smarter then 2 picks for a possible stud tackle

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If I were Miami I would be on the phones right now with someone like Minnesota or Dallas to see if we can move down and maximize what we can do in the first round, knowing that we're going to make the deal for Albert.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

cspooner13 wrote:
If I were Miami I would be on the phones right now with someone like Minnesota or Dallas to see if we can move down and maximize what we can do in the first round, knowing that we're going to make the deal for Albert.

I would tell Minnesota that you have a garbage qb, AP is a beast but without more help he will wear down soon, 1 wr who is possibly an injury waiting to happen (and Philbin would know) so since you guys need more help get the Percy Harbin clone in Tavon Austin

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

That doesn't work if the Jets take Tavon at 9

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

cspooner13 wrote:
That doesn't work if the Jets take Tavon at 9

That would be dumb for them to do that. If they draft Tavon then you know he's the whole focus of the offense and he can't succeed like that hell he may get hurt more likely on an offense that bad

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

cspooner13 wrote:
k-dash wrote:

The draft compensation? You don't think a top 10 LT is worth a second round pick? As was just said, other than his back injury last season, he's been pretty durable throughout his career. I would have no problem giving up a second round pick (of which we have two) and signing this guy to a 3 or 4 year contract at $7-8 million per year. A good investment in the development of Tannehill and the team as a whole. I think it's a deal that has to get done.

I said what I said with it in my mind that he was 28th rated LT. Now that PR has shown me what his rankings are, I am on board with the idea.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:32 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Albert isn't a bust while Johnson "might" be. Give me Albert for a 2nd instead of a rookie for a 1st, 2nd and a chance he'll bust.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Albert isn't a bust while Johnson "might" be. Give me Albert for a 2nd instead of a rookie for a 1st, 2nd and a chance he'll bust.

Exactly what I'm saying Mak

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'll Take Jonathan cooper at 12 & a LT in Rd. 2. Not willing to pay Albert what Long wants & give up a 2nd for the privilege

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
I'll Take Jonathan cooper at 12 & a LT in Rd. 2. Not willing to pay Albert what Long wants & give up a 2nd for the privilege

If we're looking at somebody like Cooper, I'd hope we'd trade back a handful of spots, add another pick, and then look to take him. While I really like Cooper, OG isn't a big area of need right now. I'm personally hoping either Milliner or Johnson falls to us.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

While I would like to slot Cooper in as our pick at 12, I just can't see us taking a guard so high. We've already got Incognito and Jerry, and signed Lance Louis in free agency to push Jerry. I can't see Philbin taking yet another guard when there are better value picks on the board. I would be very surprised if the Dolphins were to take Cooper or any other guard at 12. Now, if they were to trade back with Dallas or Minnesota, then it would make much more sense value wise. I'm not sure I see it there either, but it would make much more sense

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

Dphins4me wrote:

You've been preaching drafting playmakers but now want us to take a guard at 12?

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:21 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Its a sad day in a Dolphins fans life when other fans are fine with our starting guards being Incognito, Jerry and Louis.

I'd rather have a play maker myself, but if the top Guard on the board is there at 12 and they decide to take him... I won't get bent out of shape over that.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:28 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:
Its a sad day in a Dolphins fans life when other fans are fine with our starting guards being Incognito, Jerry and Louis.

I'd rather have a play maker myself, but if the top Guard on the board is there at 12 and they decide to take him... I won't get bent out of shape over that.

Louis and Incognito are more then enough not elite but if we can get better in need spots ill definetly take them as our starters

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:48 am

IamPZ wrote:

Its a guard...

Yes, they are important, but not top half of the first round important.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:54 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

IamPZ wrote:

The Dolphins could use an upgrade at the guard position. The reason is that Incognito and Jerry are maulers, and it's a change from the Sparano physical push them back type of responsibilities. Philben requires quicker guards.

Incognito's has done a nice job for us, and Jerry has come into camp in shape. I believe they have the same starting group as they had to finish the season last year, so, we definitely do not need to panic over this group.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:10 pm
Profile WWW

Not a single one of the top 20 guards in the NFL (per PFF) was taken with a top 15 pick.

The overwhelming majority of them were taken in rounds 2-4.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Not a single one of the top 20 guards in the NFL (per PFF) was taken with a top 15 pick.

The overwhelming majority of them were taken in rounds 2-4.

:yay:

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 pm
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Rich wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

Its a guard...

Yes, they are important, but not top half of the first round important.

plus you can get studs like Winters, Frederick and Quessenberry in round 3. Guard depth is good in this draft. I think we are going to draft a guard, but it will be in round 3 or 4.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:15 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

As much as I would like to slot one of the guards in at 12 from a purely talent standpoint, we have a guard corp that can get the job done. Are they the cream of the crop? No, absolutely not. But they are good enough to warrant waiting on a guard until much later in the draft, probably the third day.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]