View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
 a corner I hope we can get in the 4th round 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post a corner I hope we can get in the 4th round
I keep reading great things about D.J. Hayden. He actually had a heart issue that supposedly isn't a problem anymore.

Quote:
Houston CB D.J. Hayden ran a forty time of 4.42 seconds at the school's pro day on Monday.
He pulled his hamstring on the second run. If this is your first introduction to Hayden, be sure to check out some of his games. The Houston corner's closing burst is excellent and he consistently finds the football to disrupt at the catch point. Sure, there was a freak heart issue that nearly ended Hayden's life, but we hope he earns a clean bill of health.

Quote:
Houston CB D.J. Hayden will hold a personal pro day for NFL teams on Monday.
Hayden also has four private workouts scheduled. The Houston product is a talented corner with excellent closing speed and vision to find the football as the receiver turns his head. However, the medicals will be the most important part of Hayden's draft process due to a near fatal heart issue this fall.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:02 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: a corner I hope we can get in the 4th round
I'll have to check him out. Hopefully YouTube has some full game cut-ups.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

He has nice size at 6'0, 192 lbs. 6 interceptions in 2 years of ball at Houston after a couple of years in JUCO is the type of production you like to see.

Him, Brandon McGee of Miami and Sanders Commings of Georgia would be nice mid round picks.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:22 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
He has nice size at 6'0, 192 lbs. 6 interceptions in 2 years of ball at Houston after a couple of years in JUCO is the type of production you like to see.

Him, Brandon McGee of Miami and Sanders Commings of Georgia would be nice mid round picks.

Darius Slay is another one from Mississippi State

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:33 pm

ag_fin_90 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Slay isn't far behind Banks. He'll be gone before the 2nd round comes to a close.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:47 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Slay isn't far behind Banks. He'll be gone before the 2nd round comes to a close.

Havent read too much on him in the 2nd so i was thinking the 3rd and maybe he slips to the 4th if we were lucky

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Slay's stock went too high. He'l likely be taken in the top 50. Banks will probably get drafted behind him. But tere will be plenty of quality corners in round 3 including Hayden from Houston.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:30 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve, you can forget about Hayden being a mid round pick. Mike Mayock looked at a couple of his game tapes and combined with what he did at the Houston Pro Day, he is now Mayock #3 behind Millner and Rhodes.

A lot depends on how his medical checks out, but if he does, Mayock thinks he is a 1st round pick.

Obviously Mayock is not the be all that ends all, but he is well respected.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
swerve, you can forget about Hayden being a mid round pick. Mike Mayock looked at a couple of his game tapes and combined with what he did at the Houston Pro Day, he is now Mayock #3 behind Millner and Rhodes.

A lot depends on how his medical checks out, but if he does, Mayock thinks he is a 1st round pick.

Mayock has him rated above Trufant? Seriously? Maybe I'm off-base here, but I have him as the second CB behind only Milliner. I just like him better than I do Rhodes. I don't know anything about this Hayden though, I'll have to check him out

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

This is Mayock's top 5 cornerbacks as of today. Hayden was just added and B.W Webb was dropped out.

Cornerback

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
2. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
3. D.J. Hayden, Houston
4. Desmond Trufant, Washington
5. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Connecticut

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:51 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
This is Mayock's top 5 cornerbacks as of today. Hayden was just added and B.W Webb was dropped out.

Cornerback

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
3. D.J. Hayden, Houston

Jordan Poyer from Oregon State and Jonathon Banks not on there? Dont agree with this

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:53 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

ag_fin_90 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Cornerback

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
3. D.J. Hayden, Houston

Jordan Poyer from Oregon State and Jonathon Banks not on there? Dont agree with this

Blidi had a hell of a performance at the Combine, so I can understand why Mayock has him up here. I personally don't think he's better than Banks, but what do I know?

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

cspooner13 wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Cornerback

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
3. D.J. Hayden, Houston

Blidi had a hell of a performance at the Combine, so I can understand why Mayock has him up here. I personally don't think he's better than Banks, but what do I know?

I focus on tape more so i cant take it that seriously but Blidi is a talent

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:16 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Like I said, Mayock is not the be all the end all, but he has access to a hell of a lot more tape on these kids than most of us could dream of.

This is NFLDraftScout.com rankings. This is on the CBSSPorts.com site.

5 *Dee MillinerInjured CB 1 Alabama Jr 6-0 201 1
13 *Xavier Rhodes CB 2 Florida State rJr 6-2 210 1
21 Desmond Trufant CB 3 Washington Sr 6-0 190 1
30 Johnthan Banks CB 4 Mississippi State Sr 6-2 185 1-2
47 Jamar Taylor CB 5 Boise State rSr 5-11 192 2

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
Like I said, Mayock is not the be all the end all, but he has access to a hell of a lot more tape on these kids than most of us could dream of.

Jamar Taylor in the top 5? That's a bit surprising. I've watched a lot of Boise State over the years and I haven't been overly impressed with Taylor. I would put Blidi ahead of him, and probably Hayden, but like I said earlier, I haven't really seen Hayden and can only go by what other "experts" have said about him.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:34 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:

crap really? even with the heart condition?

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:55 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

ag_fin_90 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Cornerback

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
3. D.J. Hayden, Houston

I like both of those corners, but people doubt their speed at the next level. Speed matters at the corner position. But I like both of them in the late 2nd, early 3rd range.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:57 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:

my personal favorite is Jamar Taylor. Always gets his hands on the ball when it's in the air. Would be excited to get him at pick 42.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:58 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

cspooner13 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Jamar Taylor in the top 5? That's a bit surprising. I've watched a lot of Boise State over the years and I haven't been overly impressed with Taylor. I would put Blidi ahead of him, and probably Hayden, but like I said earlier, I haven't really seen Hayden and can only go by what other "experts" have said about him.

We all have our opinions spoon, and we all probably have things we like in cornerbacks that other folks don't. You like Desmond Trufant as the 2nd CB and I think he is a very good football player and would have no problem with him at #12. I just happen to like Xavier Rhodes better because of his size and ball skills and his physicality.

Do I think Xavier is a little tight in his hips, yes, but I have seen him play both bump and run and zone coverage while at FSU and I think he is a very good cornerback.

Both Xavier and Desmond are on my list of kids that are possibility for Miami at #12 in my opinion. Tavon Austin, Bjoern Werner, Jonathan Cooper, Chance Warmack and Jarvis Jones.

swerve, Mayock did state that Hayden physical exams would be key for teams.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:44 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

We all have our opinions spoon, and we all probably have things we like in cornerbacks that other folks don't. You like Desmond Trufant as the 2nd CB and I think he is a very good football player and would have no problem with him at #12. I just happen to like Xavier Rhodes better because of his size and ball skills and his physicality.

Do I think Xavier is a little tight in his hips, yes, but I have seen him play both bump and run and zone coverage while at FSU and I think he is a very good cornerback.

Both Xavier and Desmond are on my list of kids that are possibility for Miami at #12 in my opinion. Tavon Austin, Bjoern Werner, Jonathan Cooper, Chance Warmack and Jarvis Jones.

swerve, Mayock did state that Hayden physical exams would be key for teams.

I think all of us would be thrilled with getting Bjoern Werner, Chance Warmack, Jarvis Jones, or Tavon Austin with the 12th pick. I'm pretty sure we can all (or at least most) agree there

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Also, that tightness in his hips is the reason that I put Trufant ahead of Rhodes. At this point, we're just splitting hairs between the top guys, and for me personally, I'd rather have the guy who's smooth in his movements and doesn't have that tightness over a guy with prototypical size.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

SI's Peter King is "hearing doubts" on Alabama CB Dee Milliner, and believes he could fall out of the top five in next month's draft.
King still believes it would be an "upset" if Milliner slipped past the Lions at No. 5. King doesn't specify the exact "doubts" he's hearing on the draft's top corner. If Detroit made the decision to pass Milliner up, it would likely be for a left tackle or defensive end -- two glaring Lions needs.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Last edited by swerve13 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:02 pm

swerve13 wrote:
SI's Peter King is "hearing doubts" on Alabama CB Dee Milliner, and believes he could fall out of the top five in next month's draft.
King still believes it would be an "upset" if Milliner slipped past the Lions at No. 5. King doesn't specify the exact "doubts" he's hearing on the draft's top corner. If Detroit made the decision to pass Milliner up, it would likely be for a left tackle or defensive end -- two glaring Lions needs.

Peter King also guaranteed everybody that Andy Dalton would be a top 15 pick from what he was hearing.

Everything will be answered one very LONG month away.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
The Dolphins are working on scheduling a in-house visit for Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes.
Rhodes has been a popular mock draft projection for the Dolphins after the team lost press corner Sean Smith to free agency. We've read that the Dolphins are likely to implement more zone coverage, which doesn't exactly fit Rhodes game. However, we would be comfortable selecting the Seminole corner in the top-15.

rotoworld

Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Peter King also guaranteed everybody that Andy Dalton would be a top 15 pick from what he was hearing.

Yup. I remember him saying he's hearing Dalton won't make it past Miami and that Ireland is very high on him.

Its just too hard to predict this year, without even factoring in trades. Miami could sign Winston, Grimes and a DE in the next few weeks and throw us off even further.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:15 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Yup. I remember him saying he's hearing Dalton won't make it past Miami and that Ireland is very high on him.

Its just too hard to predict this year, without even factoring in trades. Miami could sign Winston, Grimes and a DE in the next few weeks and throw us off even further.

I think all of us would be thrilled if we signed Winston and Grimes before the draft. That would open us up to trading up in the first round to get one of the elite LT's. Or making a trade for one of the pass rushers likely to be gone before we pick at 12.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
After catching his first glimpse of Houston CB D.J. Hayden, NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that he is "a big fan."
So are we. "Smooth, explosive and tough," Jeremiah said. "He can play the ball in the air. Hopefully medical checks out." Hayden is a second day talent that could be selected in the third-round. His medical is the biggest unknown in the entire class, since it is such a unique issue.

My ideal start to this draft would be us landing a top 10 tackle and then drafting this guy with pick #42.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:18 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
After catching his first glimpse of Houston CB D.J. Hayden, NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that he is "a big fan."
So are we. "Smooth, explosive and tough," Jeremiah said. "He can play the ball in the air. Hopefully medical checks out." Hayden is a second day talent that could be selected in the third-round. His medical is the biggest unknown in the entire class, since it is such a unique issue.

My ideal start to this draft would be us landing a top 10 tackle and then drafting this guy with pick #42.

Might have to now. I am starting to see Jamar Taylor mocked in the lower portion of the 1st round.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Tony I like Hayden and taylor alot. I think one of them will still be available to us with our 2nd pick. Both instant starters for us and upgrades over Sean Smith.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:23 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
Tony I like Hayden and taylor alot. I think one of them will still be available to us with our 2nd pick. Both instant starters for us and upgrades over Sean Smith.

I like both kids as well Mark. Would be happy with either.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
At LSU's pro day in March, Mathieu also carried himself in a professional manner, mindful that NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel in attendance are all well-versed in his history and are particularly mindful of how he presents himself.
"I think they know everything already [about my background]," Mathieu said at pro day. "I think they just want you to be honest with them. That was my best friend, coming into this offseason and going into this draft was, just be honest, and open."

Mathieu has been projected as a second or third-round draft pick by many draft experts. ESPN's Mel Kiper has Mathieu being picked by the New England Patriots in the second round.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/ ... s-remember

Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Per the Boston Herald, the Patriots have "been all over" Boise State CB Jamar Taylor.
New England worked Taylor out earlier in the draft process, and they've since hosted him for one of their 30 allotted "out of town" visits. Taylor, 5-foot-11 and 192 pounds, ran a 4.39 forty at the Combine, and he's currently projected to go near the bottom of the first round where the Patriots pick at No. 29. Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris has pegged Taylor the top senior corner in the draft.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Slay's stock went too high. He'l likely be taken in the top 50. Banks will probably get drafted behind him. But tere will be plenty of quality corners in round 3 including Hayden from Houston.

I'm personally hoping the Dolphins land Banks with their 2nd pick of the 2nd round. Banks is a great fit for our zone heavy scheme. He's big, athletic, plays the run well, and has a knack for creating turnovers. While Slay is a good prospect in his own right, and he clocks a little faster than Banks, I still think Banks is the better football player.

If I had my way the Dolphins would get Banks in the 2nd, and Amerson from NC State in the 3rd. Both guys are big ballhawks with a lot of zone experience. Banks would eventually fill the void left by Davis, and Amerson would fill the void left by Smith.

Then if the Honey Badger goes undrafted, which something tells me he will, then I'd like to see us sign him as an undrafted free agent and let him compete with Marshall for the nickel corner spot.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

check out the author AFCeast.
from March 18th.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
check out the author AFCeast.
from March 18th.

Who cares, Hayden is a bum.
:ann0y:

Just kidding, somebody will be lucky to have him if he slides to the 2nd round.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]