All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ESPN Blogger Mock Draft
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:59 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8488
Location: MA
I just took a peak at this and it is still on going. They have the bloggers from each division acting as GMs.

James Walker, as the Dolphins, traded the 12th, 42nd, and both 3rd Rounders to the Raiders to move up to #3 and select Eric Fisher (Joeckel went #1 and Lane Johnson went #5 to Detroit).

I can't agree with this move if it costs that much, especially when I think Johnson is a solid option as well if Miami is going the draft route.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:23 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:24 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11856
Location: Lancaster, PA
that's way too much compensation for a non-quarterback.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8488
Location: MA
If you read enough of Walker's articles or chats you'll see he is way off at times.

He's the same guy who I believe wrote about some ridiculous trade proposals for Miami back at the deadline. The best part was speculated some possibilities, then a week later reported that he'd heard these rumors after he created them.

Too funny.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:37 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
I'll take a proven LT in Albert for a 2nd over trading 4 of our first 5 picks for an unproven commodity.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11856
Location: Lancaster, PA
It really seems like one way or another Albert's going to be a Dolphin.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Tampa, FL
swerve13 wrote:
It really seems like one way or another Albert's going to be a Dolphin.


I don't know? I keep getting a feeling like Winston will be the starting RT and Martin will be the starting LT. That the Fins will keep their picks and that all this other talk is just a fog......


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:43 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
John Clayton is among the latest who thinks that it's just a matter of time before this deal gets done

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:59 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
jammer wrote:
They have the bloggers from each division acting as GMs.


Obviously a Jets fan was making the moves for the Dolphins.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
jammer wrote:
I just took a peak at this and it is still on going. They have the bloggers from each division acting as GMs.

James Walker, as the Dolphins, traded the 12th, 42nd, and both 3rd Rounders to the Raiders to move up to #3 and select Eric Fisher (Joeckel went #1 and Lane Johnson went #5 to Detroit).

I can't agree with this move if it costs that much, especially when I think Johnson is a solid option as well if Miami is going the draft route.



James Walker has obviously lost his darn mind.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:40 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Wouldn't that imply that Walker had a mind to lose?

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:36 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
I'd rather see Miami trade back into the mid to late 20s, pick up a 2nd, and then take a cornerback or passrusher. Then we trade the 2nd we added for Albert. This way we get a proven veteran left tackle and get to keep all of our picks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:24 pm 
Online
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1906
Location: Lakeland, Fl
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'd rather see Miami trade back into the mid to late 20s, pick up a 2nd, and then take a cornerback or passrusher. Then we trade the 2nd we added for Albert. This way we get a proven veteran left tackle and get to keep all of our picks.


:yay: :yay:

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Dave, Bing [Bot], bobby0112, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r