View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:05 am



Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost? 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3618
Post Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Quote:
by: Omar Kelly April 14th, 2010 | 1:38 PM For argument sake, if we don’t factor in character concerns, newly acquired Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall is without a doubt one of the NFL’s top three receivers.
The only receivers we should all agree goes ahead of him on the hierarchy of NFL wide receivers are Arizona’s Larry Fitzgerald and Houston’s Andre Johnson, two receivers who possess the size and speed mold the Dolphins work off.
Marshall’s big, he’s fast, he’s athletic, he slips tackles, and he’s in his prime.
On paper, Brandon Marshall is everything the Dolphins and their fan base wanted, and have long sought.
He’s the “Alpha Dog” offensive coordinator Dan Henning said he’d need to tolerate a diva. That’s why Marshall’s new home and team resides in South Florida.
But when you add the character concerns, arrest history, battles with maturity….it would be irresponsible NOT TO ASK if Marshall’s worth the two second-round picks the Dolphins gave up to get him, and the lofty $10 million per year salary they’ll be paying him?

...


http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29


Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:37 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:57 am
Posts: 226
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
His best friend apparently is Sims-Walker from Jacksonville...He's out of strikes so this is really the stop if he wants to be a perennial player

_________________
-
A Dane lost on the internet, crashed here
-


Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:43 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3427
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Brandon certainly comes with baggage, but you can make a case for him being a top 5 WR in the league. He is that red zone, YAC guy, big WR that Miami so desperately needed.

Anybody trying to justify Miami being fine at WR when over the last 2 years the group has produced 5 TD in 2008 & 5 TD in 2009 is way off base.

He in his prime at 26 years old and he is a proven commodity.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 13
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
That the 64 thousand (in this case 47 million) dollar question. If he plays anywhere near or better than the level he was at in Denver, then absolutely. If he takes it easy now that he got his payday or continues to act out in the off-season, then no. I will say I feel a little better about the odds since we have Nolan as a coach. He saw first-hand what went on in Denver and if he is worth the gamble or not. :yay:


Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
 Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
:grin: Going by last season HELL YEAH he is worth it......I mean he made Orton look like a hig rated (qb) last season till they fell off at the end but he still had a good year better than what we have had at (wr) last year and the year before that. I think instint up grade at not just (wr) but O as well now we have a real threat at (wr) with the fact that we had very good short yard (wr) in D.Best and Hartline and if we keep Ginn still have that deep threat dont know if he will catch it tho lol this even up are running game no more 9-10 man in the box on us.....So run Ronnie,Ricky,and who else we put back there..........OOO HAPPY DAYYS

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:07 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 823
Location: West Caldwell, NJ
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
absolutely worth the cost. Especially if Miami trades down and gets a 2nd round pick back in return.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 51
Location: Chillicothe Oh.
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
man i have a chubby that won't go away.lol
i am stoked. this is the best thing iv'e heard in a long time. i think sense i first got wind about parcells coming to miami this is right there with that. as soon as the jerseys hit the shelf i will have 1. man i am stoked thats all i can say right now . i will talk about it more later when i settle down.lol :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: MARSHALL


Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:25 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 80
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
We are by far better with him than without him... Hands down was an awesome trade and even better signing for the next five years. I believe we can get back at least one if not both of our #2's. Then tell me if he's not worth it... I have kept my mouth shut but have read all the posts about our FO. I think it's time for all the second guessers to now shut the heck up. Patience is a virtue. Great Job... Instant improvement by far. Now let's go draft us some Defensive Studs.


Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 347
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Worth the cost objectively? Who knows. Some would argue all of these players are overpaid.

But for the Dolphins, absolutely it's worth the cost. On one hand you can argue for the need that was addressed at the position, and the fact that the Dolphins just gave the highest contract for a WR to a guy that statistically deserves every penny. Another way to look at it is to see how much money the Dolphins have wasted on guys like Wilford and Wilson. The FO was in a position with those players where they had to overpay because they were the best options in a thin FA market. Everyone over pays in FA, so it becomes about value, and the Dolphins will get huge returns from this signing. :yay:

As for the character concerns, that stuff is so over-played when it comes to the locker room. I'm not excusing Marshall for beating his gf or whatever it was, but the idea that one player can ruin a locker room of 50+ players is ridiculous. These gusy deal with distractions like any other person ona n every day basis, they are not going to crumble if Brandon Marshall starts running his mouth.

_________________
Image


Last edited by fonzy on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:40 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
If he stays in check, and stays out of trouble, this was a STEAL. An absolute steal.


Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
:fart: Holmes who........oh yeah he plays for the :jests: well at least for 1 season lol

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 347
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Phins Rock wrote:
If he stays in check, and stays out of trouble, this was a STEAL. An absolute steal.



Weren't you absolutely blasting the idea of Marshall like a week ago?

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
fonzy wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
If he stays in check, and stays out of trouble, this was a STEAL. An absolute steal.



Weren't you absolutely blasting the idea of Marshall like a week ago?


Yes. And in about a week when the excitment starts to boil over, I'll probably start a thread about how bad a move this was. Lol. But for right now, this is the guy we got, and I'm pumped!!!


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum


Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4589
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
I think we have solved his on the field (locker room) troubles... Here is a nice snippet of info...

Quote:
Last summer, Marshall was suspended by the team for throwing a tantrum at practice during training camp. The source of his frustration was twofold: he was upset with the team's medical staff for misdiagnosing a hip injury that required offseason surgery and he was displeased with his contract.

Despite those difficulties, Marshall caught 101 passes for 1,120 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, including an NFL-record 21 in a loss at Indianapolis. He has 327 career receptions for 4,019 yards and 25 touchdowns in four seasons, all in Denver, which drafted him out of Central Florida with a fourth-round pick in 2006.


Misdiagnosed, and underpaid yet still has an incredible year...

I think McDaniels is a bit of an egomaniac, who did he learn under?? Oh yeah, thats right....


So getting the "locker room cancer" question out of the way. The next one is his off the field antics...


And with that we can only hope...

Phins Rock wrote:

Yes. And in about a week when the excitment starts to boil over, I'll probably start a thread about how bad a move this was. Lol. But for right now, this is the guy we got, and I'm pumped!!!


Yeah, I can find issues with everything... But this is a huge move that has the potential to put us at a whole new level of play...

Lets face it, there isnt even a close comparison to Marshall in the draft or FA, he is surely a top 5, maybe even 3 WR in the NFL...

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 254
Location: Tampa, FL
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Phins Rock wrote:
fonzy wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
If he stays in check, and stays out of trouble, this was a STEAL. An absolute steal.



Weren't you absolutely blasting the idea of Marshall like a week ago?


Yes. And in about a week when the excitment starts to boil over, I'll probably start a thread about how bad a move this was. Lol. But for right now, this is the guy we got, and I'm pumped!!!


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum


wow......the Fins have a true #1 WR on the roster......no doubt about it....loved the video!

Today is a good day. :yay:


Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
10acjed wrote:
I think we have solved his on the field (locker room) troubles... Here is a nice snippet of info...

Quote:
Last summer, Marshall was suspended by the team for throwing a tantrum at practice during training camp. The source of his frustration was twofold: he was upset with the team's medical staff for misdiagnosing a hip injury that required offseason surgery and he was displeased with his contract.

Despite those difficulties, Marshall caught 101 passes for 1,120 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, including an NFL-record 21 in a loss at Indianapolis. He has 327 career receptions for 4,019 yards and 25 touchdowns in four seasons, all in Denver, which drafted him out of Central Florida with a fourth-round pick in 2006.


Misdiagnosed, and underpaid yet still has an incredible year...

I think McDaniels is a bit of an egomaniac, who did he learn under?? Oh yeah, thats right....


So getting the "locker room cancer" question out of the way. The next one is his off the field antics...


And with that we can only hope...

Phins Rock wrote:

Yes. And in about a week when the excitment starts to boil over, I'll probably start a thread about how bad a move this was. Lol. But for right now, this is the guy we got, and I'm pumped!!!


Yeah, I can find issues with everything... But this is a huge move that has the potential to put us at a whole new level of play...

Lets face it, there isnt even a close comparison to Marshall in the draft or FA, he is surely a top 5, maybe even 3 WR in the NFL...


Top three in my book, right after Johnson and Fitz


Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 347
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Lol, I appreciate that honesty Phins Rock. I know I've been there many times. Crazy how us fans are forced to re-think our opinions in order to be excited about our team. In the end we will all be upset if he acts out and causes problems, but I expect this front office thought long and hard before signing him. I'm wondering if they reached outto anyone close to Marshall to get a better read on him.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21633
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Phins Rock Objectivity

Never has.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:05 am
Posts: 16
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
fonzy wrote:
Lol, I appreciate that honesty Phins Rock. I know I've been there many times. Crazy how us fans are forced to re-think our opinions in order to be excited about our team. In the end we will all be upset if he acts out and causes problems, but I expect this front office thought long and hard before signing him. I'm wondering if they reached outto anyone close to Marshall to get a better read on him.


I don't like BM as a person..., but Nolan obviously saw soemthing in him to endorse the trade..., McDaniel is a punk too, I think we grossly underpaid..., had we given a first I would be upset..., Seatlle would have had BM but the went squirrely for Whitehurst..., and coughed up a sec like 40th overall...! 40th overall and a third in 2010 would have gone a long way to securing BM... We underpaid and screw the Jets...


Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Well, i would have traded away a 1st, and cut Ginn. But it looks like Miami is shopping Ginn for a pick, and they only gave up a 2nd (and one next year) for Marshall...so Miami is certainly way on top in my mind, regardless of the contract they gave him.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:18 pm
Profile
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Posts: 124
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
I like the acquisition but i personally am not too fond of the price. i could live w/ one second rounder, preferably next year's, but this year's draft is particularly deep and that 43rd overall pick may have yielded first round talent. With marshall lining up at WR, i think it would help ted ginn be more productive as a #2 receiver and hence open up the ground game for the R&R express, but that pipe dream may never see daylight as the trifecta is actively trying to move ginn and are open to moving ronnie and may just have to in order to recoup that second rounder.
Ideally i'd like to keep ted and ronnie and move back to about 19 or 20 and recoup that second rounder and pick up some more defensive help and maybe a reliable TE. then we'll be crapping in tall cotton

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4589
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
not into "tweets" or "twits" or whatever...

But Ricky is:

Quote:
Ricky Williams, Dolphins running back:

"What a great way 2 start my day! We got Brandon! It's gonna b hard to stack the line of scrimmage. Ronnie & I r the happiest people on Earth"

"Buuuuttt....now I have a reality check as I walk in to workout! Ugghhh!...Come on Brandon, come join us for these workouts!"


:pumpiron: go get it Ricky :yay:

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:41 pm
Posts: 334
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
I had the same worrys but i watched a vide on ESPN with mark schlerath and it actually eased my worrys maybe you guys should take a look ill post the link!
its called, McDaniels Sends Message With Marshall
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=508611 ... id=2378529


Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 347
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Iowafin wrote:
Well, i would have traded away a 1st, and cut Ginn. But it looks like Miami is shopping Ginn for a pick, and they only gave up a 2nd (and one next year) for Marshall...so Miami is certainly way on top in my mind, regardless of the contract they gave him.



I don't want to turn this into the Ginn debate all over again, but I think now more than ever we have to KEEP Ginn. He no longer will face pressure to be the go-to guy in clutch situations. The coaches can play to his strengths on every play and with Marshall attracting the opposing team's best CB and double teams on occasion, Ginn's speed will be more of an asset.

We can let him be akick off return guy full tiem without worrying about not having him on passing downs right after etc. No more "Ginn isn't a no. 1" talk, because he doesnt have to be. No more worrying about how high he was drafted or any of that, we can just sit back and watch his skills complement the physical abilities of Brandon Marshall.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:19 pm
Posts: 10
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
dude i feel like a kid that got everything he wanted including a flying space car. 12 *(Mod edit) and enough beer to last me for the rest of my life. Im so happy right now i dont know what to do wit h myself. This is awesome. We needed a great wide out and we get one of the best in the league. FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!! I love this move.

* Family site, please no comments like that.

The Hen


Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
fonzy wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Well, i would have traded away a 1st, and cut Ginn. But it looks like Miami is shopping Ginn for a pick, and they only gave up a 2nd (and one next year) for Marshall...so Miami is certainly way on top in my mind, regardless of the contract they gave him.



I don't want to turn this into the Ginn debate all over again, but I think now more than ever we have to KEEP Ginn. He no longer will face pressure to be the go-to guy in clutch situations. The coaches can play to his strengths on every play and with Marshall attracting the opposing team's best CB and double teams on occasion, Ginn's speed will be more of an asset.

We can let him be akick off return guy full tiem without worrying about not having him on passing downs right after etc. No more "Ginn isn't a no. 1" talk, because he doesnt have to be. No more worrying about how high he was drafted or any of that, we can just sit back and watch his skills complement the physical abilities of Brandon Marshall.


He can't catch. What's it matter who is covering him.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:31 am
Posts: 72
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Without a doubt, I'm onboard with BM being worth the cost!! This is of course all premature, but from his numbers and his ability, I'm gonna say YESSSSSSS!!! I am too extremely excited and happy about todays events!! Go Dolphins!


Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 347
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Iowafin wrote:
fonzy wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Well, i would have traded away a 1st, and cut Ginn. But it looks like Miami is shopping Ginn for a pick, and they only gave up a 2nd (and one next year) for Marshall...so Miami is certainly way on top in my mind, regardless of the contract they gave him.



I don't want to turn this into the Ginn debate all over again, but I think now more than ever we have to KEEP Ginn. He no longer will face pressure to be the go-to guy in clutch situations. The coaches can play to his strengths on every play and with Marshall attracting the opposing team's best CB and double teams on occasion, Ginn's speed will be more of an asset.

We can let him be akick off return guy full tiem without worrying about not having him on passing downs right after etc. No more "Ginn isn't a no. 1" talk, because he doesnt have to be. No more worrying about how high he was drafted or any of that, we can just sit back and watch his skills complement the physical abilities of Brandon Marshall.


He can't catch. What's it matter who is covering him.


Point taken. Can't really argue with that, I have many of his drops from last season burned in my memory, lol. However, his speed is such a factor that when he does catch it, he can make some big plays. The FO should sign him to a much cheaper contract and he could stay around.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
fonzy wrote:
Point taken. Can't really argue with that, I have many of his drops from last season burned in my memory, lol. However, his speed is such a factor that when he does catch it, he can make some big plays. The FO should sign him to a much cheaper contract and he could stay around.


Yes, if he were cheaper it'd be more tempting to keep him around for his speed. It's just at some point you have to cut your losses, and develop someone with more promise (Patrick Turner?)

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:17 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Iowafin wrote:
fonzy wrote:
Point taken. Can't really argue with that, I have many of his drops from last season burned in my memory, lol. However, his speed is such a factor that when he does catch it, he can make some big plays. The FO should sign him to a much cheaper contract and he could stay around.


Yes, if he were cheaper it'd be more tempting to keep him around for his speed. It's just at some point you have to cut your losses, and develop someone with more promise (Patrick Turner?)


It's an uncapped year...who cares how much he costs?


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21633
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
fonzy wrote:
Point taken. Can't really argue with that, I have many of his drops from last season burned in my memory, lol. However, his speed is such a factor that when he does catch it, he can make some big plays. The FO should sign him to a much cheaper contract and he could stay around.


Yes, if he were cheaper it'd be more tempting to keep him around for his speed. It's just at some point you have to cut your losses, and develop someone with more promise (Patrick Turner?)


It's an uncapped year...who cares how much he costs?


The guy who pays the bills and is trying to make a profit...

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3425
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
When you have a guy that is never "really" covered, even with double man with a safety over the top... Yeah, I think he's worth it. Expensive, but worth it. Light em up Henne!


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Rich wrote:
The guy who pays the bills and is trying to make a profit...


The same guy that just paid nearly 50 million dollars guaranteed in FA money over the next 4 years?


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:34 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3618
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
I thought it was only 24 mil was guaranted? Anyway does that mean that the guy still does not want to make money off of his investment?


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21633
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:
The guy who pays the bills and is trying to make a profit...


The same guy that just paid nearly 50 million dollars guaranteed in FA money over the next 4 years?


Where are you getting this ridiculous figure of 50 mil?

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:
The guy who pays the bills and is trying to make a profit...


The same guy that just paid nearly 50 million dollars guaranteed in FA money over the next 4 years?


Where are you getting this ridiculous figure of 50 mil?


Dansby 23 mil guaranteed. Marshall 24.


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21633
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Phins Rock wrote:
Dansby 23 mil guaranteed. Marshall 24.


You should pay more attention in language arts class. The way you phrased your sentence using the word "just" was misleading.

Yeah... for players that are WORTH IT. That will put fans in the stands.

Ginn doesn't do that.

Uncapped year or not, the owner is looking to make a profit.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:54 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Phins Rock wrote:
fonzy wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
If he stays in check, and stays out of trouble, this was a STEAL. An absolute steal.



Weren't you absolutely blasting the idea of Marshall like a week ago?


Yes. And in about a week when the excitment starts to boil over, I'll probably start a thread about how bad a move this was. Lol. But for right now, this is the guy we got, and I'm pumped!!!


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Love those 'one handed cathes' :) Honestly they couldn't use spell check before posting this video?
Great video of his highlights though, thanks for posting.


Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Dansby 23 mil guaranteed. Marshall 24.


You should pay more attention in language arts class. The way you phrased your sentence using the word "just" was misleading.

Yeah... for players that are WORTH IT. That will put fans in the stands.

Ginn doesn't do that.

Uncapped year or not, the owner is looking to make a profit.


Sorry. I didn't mean "just" as in "only", I meant it as just now in the past month.

I agree that those guys are worth it. But in an uncapped year, and with the way Ginn's contract is, (4th out of a 5 year deal), I would imagine they are not going to be saving a lot of money, and even if they do save 3 or 4 mil, when your team's salary is 120+, does it matter? Lol.

For the 3rd straight year....THIS is the year for Ted Ginn. Lol.


Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:12 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Is Brandon Marshall worth the cost?
Many things jump off the page at me when watching that video. Perhaps the most compelling though is his ability for YAC. I think we have really been missing yac from our receivers in Miami, Marshall should really help with that.


Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:39 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.