View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 NFL Network 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post NFL Network
Are they serious right now? They're asking the question "Did Miami give up too much to get Dion Jordan?"

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: NFL Network
cspooner13 wrote:
Are they serious right now? They're asking the question "Did Miami give up too much to get Dion Jordan?"

I saw that earlier.....The answer without a doubt has to be NO.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Correct me if I blacked out and missed something, but I'm pretty sure we gave up a second round pick. For the best defensive player in the draft.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Mayock said that as soon as we drafted him...

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Kev1321 wrote:

Said what, exactly? I was watching the draft on ESPN. Why I subjected myself to Mel Kiper instead of Mike Mayock I'm not sure. Maybe I was on something.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

cspooner13 wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Said what, exactly? I was watching the draft on ESPN. Why I subjected myself to Mel Kiper instead of Mike Mayock I'm not sure. Maybe I was on something.

That they had gave up to much...We talked about it in the chat room at the time

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:38 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I am watching the show now and they asked Charlie Casserly did Miami give up to much and he said absolutely not. The guys agree that Miami got big value and that the Raiders just wanted to get out of the #3 slot and gain another pick.

It amazes me how these guys don't seem to realize that the Dolphins go from a 4-3 and 3-4 look as well. They have the personnel in place to run both schemes.

That is always the question about how to use Dion and his only weighing 248 lbs. Good Lord, the you fella is going to gain weight and probably will eventually play in the 260-0265 lbs range.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:39 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

The Raiders did well to trade down and got a 2nd round pick for free, basically, since they were taking DJ either way.

That said, Miami got amazing value. I was convinced it would take next year's 1st round pick to move up to 3. To only give up a #2, when you had 2 of them anyway, is ridiculous value.

Interesting note on Dion Jordan: At the combine he weighed in at 248 pounds. His body fat percentage? 3.8%.....THREE PERCENT.

Aren't super models usually in the 5-6% range? I mean, Jesus....how that's even possible I don't know. I can't wait to see him in 16 months once he's had a full season, and a (hopefully) healthy off season in an NFL weight room.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:49 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
I am watching the show now and they asked Charlie Casserly did Miami give up to much and he said absolutely not. The guys agree that Miami got big value and that the Raiders just wanted to get out of the #3 slot and gain another pick.

It amazes me how these guys don't seem to realize that the Dolphins go from a 4-3 and 3-4 look as well. They have the personnel in place to run both schemes.

That is always the question about how to use Dion and his only weighing 248 lbs. Good Lord, the you fella is going to gain weight and probably will eventually play in the 260-0265 lbs range.

It was a good deal for both sides..The Raiders are desperate for bodies and picked up a good pick in a deep draft.....And did exactly what we had been preaching all off season...Passrush Jordan Ansah Milliner and Vacarro(12) would have been my choices

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:51 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
The Raiders did well to trade down and got a 2nd round pick for free, basically, since they were taking DJ either way.

That said, Miami got amazing value. I was convinced it would take next year's 1st round pick to move up to 3. To only give up a #2, when you had 2 of them anyway, is ridiculous value.

Interesting note on Dion Jordan: At the combine he weighed in at 248 pounds. His body fat percentage? 3.8%.....THREE PERCENT.

Aren't super models usually in the 5-6% range? I mean, Jesus....how that's even possible I don't know. I can't wait to see him in 16 months once he's had a full season, and a (hopefully) healthy off season in an NFL weight room.

I was at 3.2% in high school. Then again, I only weighed 100lbs, so take that with a grain of salt.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:55 pm
Profile WWW

cspooner13 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I was at 3.2% in high school. Then again, I only weighed 100lbs, so take that with a grain of salt.

What are you, like 4'1 lol.

100 pounds? My God. I'm the skinniest person I know and I'm 145.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:58 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Kev1321 wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

That they had gave up to much...We talked about it in the chat room at the time

Did he say that before or after we knew what we gave up for him? I must have missed that part of the chat room. That or I just have a terrible memory.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

cspooner13 wrote:

That they had gave up to much...We talked about it in the chat room at the time[/quote]

Did he say that before or after we knew what we gave up for him? I must have missed that part of the chat room. That or I just have a terrible memory.[/quote]

Not sure about that you may have missed some of it the chat crashed around the time of the pick...

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Yeah, I was out of the chat for about 20 minutes after it crashed, so I probably missed it then

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Sport Science has Dion Jordan's body fat at 3.8%, Charles Davis keeps saying 6-8%. What?

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:28 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
Sport Science has Dion Jordan's body fat at 3.8%, Charles Davis keeps saying 6-8%. What?

3.8% doesn't sound right. It would be bordering on TOO low. Too low and your body doesn't function correctly. And for an athlete that would be an extreme detriment.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]